North East Buses

Full Version: Anything and Everything
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(29 Jul 2015, 5:37 pm)MrFozz wrote [ -> ]Mugging victim Alan Barnes 'called by God' to Shetland

Shame he has to do this, but best of luck to him, he couldn't get any further away from Gateshead in the UK...

Still if he finds peace there, best of luck to him...Just a shame a nasty bastard took what life Alan Barnes had before the attack

I saw him the other day walking past Greggs at Low Fell.

Charles
Davie has definitely managed to pull the two old women at the front of 6118...
https://www.flickr.com/photos/109436376@...963005850/

Never seen others (apart from other enthusiasts and drivers) so happy towards enthusiasts (although they might must be laughing at how 'sad' we are?).
(30 Jul 2015, 11:10 pm)S813 FVK wrote [ -> ]Davie has definitely managed to pull the two old women at the front of 6118...

Never seen others (apart from other enthusiasts and drivers) so happy towards enthusiasts (although they might must be laughing at how 'sad' we are?).

I randomly got a wave from some old ladies on the X30/X31 in Stanley Bus Station recently.
(30 Jul 2015, 11:20 pm)Jimmi wrote [ -> ]I randomly got a wave from some old ladies on the X30/X31 in Stanley Bus Station recently.
Get ya coat...you've pulled [FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY]
[attachment=6989]

I see that Arriva have a fleet of ghost buses now...  Big Grin
(30 Jul 2015, 11:10 pm)S813 FVK wrote [ -> ]Davie has definitely managed to pull the two old women at the front of 6118...

I once had an old couple on the X12 on Percy Street waving, smiling, and posing. It made my day. Smile
I think I have stumbled across the reason for so many of my drug tests showing a false positive for Methadone...

I have read that using Diphenydramine(Benadryl, Nytol, SleepEaze, Nightcalm) can trigger a false positive...

Will have to look into it a bit more before I am totally convinced
Off to the lakes for just over a week today so won't be on much... means you can have a peaceful time without 100's of questions! haha
(01 Aug 2015, 7:01 am)Michael wrote [ -> ]Off to the lakes for just over a week today so won't be on much... means you can have a peaceful time without 100's of questions! haha

Then you'll be asking hundreds of questions about why stagecoach buses are green?  Big Grin Tongue
(01 Aug 2015, 7:46 am)GX03 SVC wrote [ -> ]Then you'll be asking hundreds of questions about why stagecoach buses are green?  Big Grin Tongue

Haha, Tongue, not going bus spotting at all.  Big Grin
(01 Aug 2015, 7:49 am)Michael wrote [ -> ]Haha, Tongue, not going bus spotting at all.  Big Grin

You've got to go on a bus ride though, some of the routes there are fantastic - especially the 77/77A, 508 and 599 to Lakeside.
(01 Aug 2015, 9:09 am)Tom wrote [ -> ]You've got to go on a bus ride though, some of the routes there are fantastic - especially the 77/77A, 508 and 599 to Lakeside.

Being on all of them before Tongue

555 is still my fav route though!
(01 Aug 2015, 9:47 am)Michael wrote [ -> ]Being on all of them before Tongue

555 is still my fav route though!

Ah that's good then! 555 is great too, but nothing like the 77/77A, that's thrilling, especially the Honister Pass. My favourite is the 77/77A or the 599 I think.

Enjoy your stay at the Lakes Michael.
(01 Aug 2015, 9:52 am)Tom wrote [ -> ]Ah that's good then! 555 is great too, but nothing like the 77/77A, that's thrilling, especially the Honister Pass. My favourite is the 77/77A or the 599 I think.

Enjoy your stay at the Lakes Michael.

The open top bus routes are good to, a branch nearly took my head off haha 

I will Tom, Thanks =D
(01 Aug 2015, 9:09 am)Tom wrote [ -> ]You've got to go on a bus ride though, some of the routes there are fantastic - especially the 77/77A, 508 and 599 to Lakeside.
Would love to sample the bus services in the lakes but I would have to stop over for a few days as I'd be totally unable to do a large amount in a day though. May look into doing this next year.

May look into the possibility of seeing if I could do some of the lakes in a day in the next few weeks although it would be just rather basic locations and it would be a long day. Any Suggestions?
(01 Aug 2015, 10:02 am)Jimmi wrote [ -> ]Would love to sample the bus services in the lakes but I would have to stop over for a few days as I'd be totally unable to do a large amount in a day though. May look into doing this next year.

May look into the possibility of seeing if I could do some of the lakes in a day in the next few weeks although it would be just rather basic locations and it would be a long day. Any Suggestions?

The 555 is one of the best routes, you have to get a journey, which doesn't miss half of the route though.

I can't remember which open top bus route i was on last time... 

Map of the routes: https://www.stagecoachbus.com/uploads/la...mmjune.pdf

Some reason the full booklet of routes isn't working.

X4/X5 is a decent route to, i used them a few times, they use coaches normally.
(01 Aug 2015, 10:02 am)bJimmi wrote [ -> ]Would love to sample the bus services in the lakes but I would have to stop over for a few days as I'd be totally unable to do a large amount in a day though. May look into doing this next year.

Aye it's a nightmare from Newton Aycliffe. From Carlisle you could possibly get a 508 to Windermere or 554 to Keswick then 555 to Ambleside or Windermere. You could take a few photos there then get the 599 onto Grasmere then the 555 back to Keswick. Then dependent on the time you could either have a ride on the 77 or 77A or maybe just a 78 to Seatoller. On the way back the 73 or 73A via Caldbeck from Keswick to Carlisle makes a nice end to the day.
(01 Aug 2015, 10:13 am)Tom wrote [ -> ]Aye it's a nightmare from Newton Aycliffe. From Carlisle you could possibly get a 508 to Windermere or 554 to Keswick then 555 to Ambleside or Windermere. You could take a few photos there then get the 599 onto Grasmere then the 555 back to Keswick. Then dependent on the time you could either have a ride on the 77 or 77A or maybe just a 78 to Seatoller. On the way back the 73 or 73A via Caldbeck from Keswick to Carlisle makes a nice end to the day.
Thanks for the suggestions

Will have a look at times when I go on my laptop tonight.
(01 Aug 2015, 11:31 am)Jimmi wrote [ -> ]Thanks for the suggestions

Will have a look at times when I go on my laptop tonight.

Catch a train up to Newcastle? Someone mentioned that the NW Explorer is issued on the 685.
Train up from Durham to Newcastle is a good idea if it's possible as the X21 arrives in Newcastle not long before the 85 leaves Newcastle at 0735.