North East Buses

Full Version: Anything and Everything
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I personally think that this is brilliant news, and it's exactly what many members on here wanted when we first started posting about the state of GNE's social media. Hopefully this is the start of a professional and moderated approach that takes their social media forward.
(01 Oct 2013, 7:38 pm)aureolin wrote [ -> ]I personally think that this is brilliant news, and it's exactly what many members on here wanted when we first started posting about the state of GNE's social media. Hopefully this is the start of a professional and moderated approach that takes their social media forward.

I'd like to take the credit for starting the fightback. I can't really take the credit though....but I will.

Your all very welcome.

Hignett gone, DAF's going, me moving to a new house....this is all rather a good month so far. I like October
(01 Oct 2013, 7:49 pm)gtomlinson wrote [ -> ]I'd like to take the credit for starting the fightback. I can't really take the credit though....but I will.

Your all very welcome.

Hignett gone, DAF's going, me moving to a new house....this is all rather a good month so far. I like October

I went for the Arriva 57 yesterday, and it was a DAF. Angry Hope you realise I'm holding you personally responsible.
(01 Oct 2013, 8:15 pm)aureolin wrote [ -> ]I went for the Arriva 57 yesterday, and it was a DAF. Angry Hope you realise I'm holding you personally responsible.

You will travel with these downmarket German bus companies
(01 Oct 2013, 8:18 pm)gtomlinson wrote [ -> ]You will travel with these downmarket German bus companies

First time in absolutely ages using them, and I was impressed. Lass infront of me got on and asked for a £17 weekly ticket, and supplied exactly £17. Driver prints her a cheaper all week ticket, then goes absolutely nuts when she questions it Big Grin I felt the need to butt in and confirm she asked for the £17 one, as I thought he was going to give her a right hook at one point. So much for the customer always being right. Wink
Speaking of Arriva, Srrivva North East haven't been banned from the fb page either.

Andy & Srrivva have been on tonight, but no Ian Hignett, Clifford Hignett, Fyacebuk, Neb or Ken.
Very odd.
(01 Oct 2013, 7:19 am)Leyland wrote [ -> ]What reason has been given for you being banned?

No reason at all.

No message like you or Michael got from them.

No warning.

Nothing.

Tried posting a response to a query and realised I could not do it.

I did not post anything offensive or inflammatory, in line with Facebook regulations.

Even though I am pleased action seems to be taking place - to take an authoritarian stance is in my opinion counter productive.
(01 Oct 2013, 1:13 pm)Andreos1 wrote [ -> ]Are you 'Leyland Olympian'?
Can you still post or are you blocked?
Yes I am and yes I can.
It looks like the temptation to post has got too much for Hignett.

He has had a comment on Cheryl Wilsons post removed, with GNE adding an additional comment:

Go North East
Ian, can you please check your inbox messages?
Like · 1 · 23 minutes ago

He obviously hasn't been banned - yet!
(02 Oct 2013, 10:04 am)Andreos1 wrote [ -> ]It looks like the temptation to post has got too much for Hignett.

He has had a comment on Cheryl Wilsons post removed, with GNE adding an additional comment:

He obviously hasn't been banned - yet!

......... =(
I assume Hignett will have received a similar inbox message to this one I've just had following my couple of posts this morning, and that's what GNE wanted him to check for...

Go North East wroteHi - just as an update to the previous message. We've noticed that you've continued to contribute to the page.

We are requesting that you stop posting on the page as we now want the vast majority of responses to come from a Go North East official. This has also been communicated with other regular posters.

Thanks,

Go North East

Looks like he's finally been silenced!!!
(02 Oct 2013, 10:06 am)Michael wrote [ -> ]......... =(

He has also got involved with a post from someone living in Springwell Estate having to get two buses to the Galleries with the following gem!

Ian Hignett
You could ask a similar question regarding East Coast trains not stopping at Chester-le-Street. Passengers accept that they have to travel to other points to board the transport they want. Like · 37 minutes ago

I'm not going to even get started in the flaws in that point...
I'm waiting for him to tell GNE that it's an open forum and anyone can reply...!
Or that he won't take any complaints from them as a Facebook message!
(02 Oct 2013, 10:15 am)Leyland wrote [ -> ]I'm waiting for him to tell GNE that it's an open forum and anyone can reply...!

He most probably has done already!
Would love to have a spy into their inbox conversation.

I am imagining him quoting extracts from the fb terms and conditions like he does with GNE terms and conditions!
Wonder what's going to happen after they go offline tonight?
(02 Oct 2013, 8:07 am)Fyacebukpolis wrote [ -> ]Even though I am pleased action seems to be taking place - to take an authoritarian stance is in my opinion counter productive.

Totally agree.
There is a difference between someone posting and offering general help or someone giving passengers grief.

However, if GNE had acted months and months ago, when Hignett & Clifford were tag teaming up on people, then none of this would have happened.

It is like shutting the door after the horse has bolted.
(02 Oct 2013, 10:30 am)Leyland wrote [ -> ]Wonder what's going to happen after they go offline tonight?

I imagine Mrs Hignett and Ma Clifford will be pulling their hair out and the local bingo hall will suddenly see an uptake in earnings as they look to escape Mr Hignett and Master Clifford!
(02 Oct 2013, 10:33 am)Andreos1 wrote [ -> ]I imagine Mrs Hignett and Ma Clifford will be pulling their hair out and the local bingo hall will suddenly see an uptake in earnings as they look to escape Mr Hignett and Master Clifford!

Big Grin
(02 Oct 2013, 10:30 am)Andreos1 wrote [ -> ]Totally agree.
There is a difference between someone posting and offering general help or someone giving passengers grief.

However, if GNE had acted months and months ago, when Hignett & Clifford were tag teaming up on people, then none of this would have happened.

It is like shutting the door after the horse has bolted.

I agree, they should of being told ages ago, bet hes sitting crying to the Mr's now