North East Buses

Full Version: Anything and Everything
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(30 Aug 2013, 3:43 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]George William Stewart is a new one starting...

with comments like -

what did people do before there was easy access fold em up
try coming out 4 a earlier bus ????

What did people do before they could be tools on the Internet? Big Grin
Sanctimonious tit
with comments like -

I find that funny especially when I heard it once from a little old dear i Park Lane who had a better beard and tash than me, just a random thought, lol
The amount of people who would rather wait than fold a pushchair down is absolutely mental. They then usually have the audacity to complain the driver won't let them on!!
(30 Aug 2013, 8:26 pm)tyresmoke wrote [ -> ]The amount of people who would rather wait than fold a pushchair down is absolutely mental. They then usually have the audacity to complain the driver won't let them on!!

Yes I can understand that, but the other end of the stick is if the driver refused them on when the pushchair is more often than not overloaded with bags. I know GNE's policy states they'll be refused if they do, but it's never enforced.

Whilst I don't condone vexatious complaints in the slightest, I have seen quite a few examples of drivers refusing to wait whilst a pram is folded down. More often than not when the bus is already late.
(30 Aug 2013, 3:43 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]George William Stewart is a new one starting...

with comments like -

I agree with him on the "what did people do?" comment, because I think that unless you're a wheelchair-bound passenger, you don't need the space - it's just something nice to have, rather than having to fold the buggy down.

But, there's no need for his second comment - "try coming out earlier" - understandably if you live on a route with a service every few minutes, it's something you could think about, just in case the vehicle isn't low floor or one/both (depending on vehicle type) spaces are taken, but it isn't going to work if it's an hourly/half-hourly service or a service with a small PVR.
https://www.facebook.com/215880875709/ti...tory?ut=44&hash=6451864070024567804&wstart=0&wend=1378018799&pagefilter=2&ustart&refid=17

would love to know what he said to be called an 'absolute creature' haha
(31 Aug 2013, 5:45 pm)Andreos1 wrote [ -> ]https://www.facebook.com/215880875709/ti...tory?ut=44&hash=6451864070024567804&wstart=0&wend=1378018799&pagefilter=2&ustart&refid=17

His mere presence on that Facebook page is good enough reason for him to be called an 'absolute creature' if you ask me.
(31 Aug 2013, 5:45 pm)Andreos1 wrote [ -> ]https://www.facebook.com/215880875709/ti...tory?ut=44&hash=6451864070024567804&wstart=0&wend=1378018799&pagefilter=2&ustart&refid=17

LOL comment of the day by far. Big Grin
He's as creepy calling everyone darl and hun.

Still it comes to Go North East social media acting like a small provincial hick company with the power of a national brand
(31 Aug 2013, 6:57 pm)gtomlinson wrote [ -> ]He's as creepy calling everyone darl and hun.

Still it comes to Go North East social media acting like a small provincial hick company with the power of a national brand

Half tempted to ask a question and when he answers it say, 'Thanks hun'.
See what he says...
(31 Aug 2013, 7:04 pm)Daniel wrote [ -> ]Half tempted to ask a question and when he answers it say, 'Thanks hun'.
See what he says...

I'm still tempted to steal AdamY's idea and set up a fake Cliff Hignett profile on facebook, stalking the GNE page almost religiously
(31 Aug 2013, 7:23 pm)Andreos1 wrote [ -> ]I'm still tempted to steal AdamY's idea and set up a fake Cliff Hignett profile on facebook, stalking the GNE page almost religiously

Please do it. When they complain, say it's a 'public forum'.
Oh my god, that would be brilliant.

I can ask my question too, and you can comment on that! :p
(31 Aug 2013, 6:57 pm)gtomlinson wrote [ -> ]He's as creepy calling everyone darl and hun.

I'd understand if it was a Geordie term like "pet" or "flower", but the creepy thing is that he only ever says "babe" and "hun" to young women - most of which don't appreciate what the "absolute creature" has to say Tongue
(31 Aug 2013, 7:26 pm)Daniel wrote [ -> ]Please do it. When they complain, say it's a 'public forum'.
Oh my god, that would be brilliant.

I can ask my question too, and you can comment on that! :p

Not sure I would do the role justice - but seeing as the idea is out there now, if anyone else fancies doing it?
Mind the profile 'Leyland Olympian' gives as good as he gets. I quite look forward to seeing him put those two to the sword

A lad who calls anyone 'hun' has serious problems. So wrong.

(31 Aug 2013, 7:04 pm)Daniel wrote [ -> ]Half tempted to ask a question and when he answers it say, 'Thanks hun'.
See what he says...

Do it. I'll make an exception in this case. Tongue
Cliff Hignett profile picture should look like Tony Clifton.

(Look him up kids)
(31 Aug 2013, 8:10 pm)gtomlinson wrote [ -> ]Cliff Hignett profile picture should look like Tony Clifton.

(Look him up kids)

Think we might have to wait a little bit. At current, there's only one person with that name and he's from Australia. Do you have a URL link?
(31 Aug 2013, 8:12 pm)BJ10VUS wrote [ -> ]Think we might have to wait a little bit. At current, there's only one person with that name and he's from Australia. Do you have a URL link?

On mob so afraid not
(31 Aug 2013, 8:12 pm)BJ10VUS wrote [ -> ]Think we might have to wait a little bit. At current, there's only one person with that name and he's from Australia. Do you have a URL link?

3.bp.blogspot.com/_3KIJt17keOY/SX-cISakEJI/AAAAAAAABZE/ZBarW2LmL14/s400/Tony+Clifton.jpg

Probs best copying/pasting into browser