North East Buses

Full Version: September Service Changes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Seems a fairly sensible set of changes. Numbers are never going to return to what they are, COVID has changed how we live and work forever.

The 5 day week is dead so it’s only right the industry adapts.

From a personal point of view.
925 ending not a surprise and was only ever a token gesture that never merited the bus,

28/28A changes finally mark the end of the illustrious 709/728 legacy. It’s not ideal for those in Pelton Fell but the new housing popping up around there isn’t encouraging public transport use. I’m confused as to why it’s moving out of Eldon Square though? Market Street is the arse end of town. Whitehall Road makes little sense either unless Bentham Bank is causing congestion issues

I’d have been tempted to run maybe a few 28s a day to Beamish fast via the A693 which might happen if the B1 doesn’t last. (Tif it’d be quicker than the B1)

Genuinely surprised at the X22 being upgraded and branded, Even pre pandemic I was normally one of a handful of passengers but it must do the business (or metro centre are incentivising)

Not sure I’d be entirely thrilled as 53/54 commuter to be diverted via the Quayside, spending more time in traffic on my game changing bus.
(05 Aug 2021, 8:31 pm)Adtrainsam wrote [ -> ]Looking at some of the PDF timetables, it seems like the 8 (and possibly 78 as well) will be getting a new brand name called “Country Ranger”

https://passenger-line-assets.s3.eu-west...817123.pdf
Spotted a few new brands on the PDF timetables

39/39A becomes 'Graphite'
61 becomes 'Blue'
Peterlee services including X6 become 'Peterlee Purples'
Prince Bishops to get a new look.
[attachment=9863][attachment=9864][attachment=9865][attachment=9867]
(05 Aug 2021, 8:38 pm)Jimmi wrote [ -> ]Spotted a few new brands on the PDF timetables

61 becomes 'Blue'

Spotted a few new brands on the PDF timetables

61 becomes 'Blue'

Anymore, particularly the 9 or 5?
New look for Prince Bishops[attachment=9868]
Wonder how much the brand refresh is costing versus keeping the odd bus link open….
How did you get those new logos and timetables?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(05 Aug 2021, 8:46 pm)transportintyneandwear wrote [ -> ]How did you get those new logos and timetables?

That is what I want to find out

(05 Aug 2021, 8:43 pm)Jimmi wrote [ -> ]New look for Prince Bishops
No no no no no, theres a reason the Prince Bishops was purple. Now going nipple pink Dodgy
Prince Bishops going from a unique logo to another Stenning Friday afternoon job. You also have to laugh at Peterlee Purples, Indigo was a non name, but this is no better.

I’m surprised the M6/M7/M8 is being axed, I thought they were pretty busy, at least on Saturdays with kids going to the MetroCentre. Also hasn’t it just been upgraded from Solos to Versas?

Also, unless I’ve read it wrong there is no longer a service from Stanley to Gateshead?

I’m not entirely sure GNE or anyone else know what the final work patterns will be after Covid, most haven’t gone back to the office at all yet in any numbers approaching normal, I’m surprised they didn’t let the Autumn happen first and make changes next year
The 5 and 9 will be "Go North East" as they'll interwork.
(05 Aug 2021, 8:33 pm)Ambassador wrote [ -> ]Market Street is the arse end of town.

Hopefully not for much longer. 14 story Bank House office currently under construction to be followed by Pilgrim Place development. New hotels and restaurants recently approved. Further office retail and residential developments expected. 
‘East Pilgrim Street’ (EPS) area is finally going to be turned around. (Won’t happen overnight, granted). Could almost do with a new bus station planned for the area, like a modern day replacement of Worswick St!
(05 Aug 2021, 8:48 pm)transportintyneandwear wrote [ -> ]How did you get those new logos and timetables?

Go on the timetables, change the date to the 5th September, download the PDF.

Some PDF timetables aren't on yet, such as the 62/62A.
(05 Aug 2021, 8:48 pm)JP6004 wrote [ -> ]No no no no no, theres a reason the Prince Bishops was purple. Now going nipple pink Dodgy
Going by the timetable, rear part will be deep purple
(05 Aug 2021, 8:48 pm)JP6004 wrote [ -> ]No no no no no, theres a reason the Prince Bishops was purple. Now going nipple pink Dodgy

(05 Aug 2021, 9:02 pm)Jimmi wrote [ -> ]Going by the timetable, rear part will be deep purple
Any news on whether the 60 will be re-branded or liveried
(05 Aug 2021, 8:56 pm)Wybus wrote [ -> ]Prince Bishops going from a unique logo to another Stenning Friday afternoon job. 
Tell me about it, cant believe they've got rid of the mitre in favour of different colour coaster waves!!! However coaster does look lush like
Looks like the 60 will be Sunderland district drifter, 61 Sunderland district (with a blue bird, looks like a blue finch or a parrot )

Looks like the 60 will be Sunderland district drifter, 61 Sunderland district (with a blue bird, looks like a blue finch or a parrot )

(05 Aug 2021, 9:04 pm)cbma06 wrote [ -> ]Looks like the 60 will be Sunderland district drifter, 61 Sunderland district (with a blue bird, looks like a blue finch or a parrot )

Wonder if they will re-do the outside and interior because it needs it.
(05 Aug 2021, 8:56 pm)Wybus wrote [ -> ]Also, unless I’ve read it wrong there is no longer a service from Stanley to Gateshead?

X72 maintains this link, albeit a bit longer.

Sent from my STK-LX1 using Tapatalk
(05 Aug 2021, 9:03 pm)JP6004 wrote [ -> ]Tell me about it, cant believe they've got rid of the mitre in favour of different colour coaster waves!!! However coaster does look lush like

You’ve not seen it yet!!