North East Buses

Full Version: September Service Changes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(28 Jul 2021, 2:26 pm)User2613 wrote [ -> ]If that is what they are going for I can see it becoming very confusing for passengers as it’s not uncommon for services to go through multiple areas. Take Stanley, you’d end up with 2 or 3 different sets of changes.

It depends how it's handled though, recently GNE have been really bad at communicating some changes because they didn't think they were big enough to even be mentioned on their website or socials.
Anyone looked ahead on Traveline to see if the new timetables have appeared? They normally turn up there first.
Just seen this post by someone on the Go North East Facebook page,

Hi after speaking to several driver in last few days about the no.5 bus being taken off can someone please confirm this and how are people from Boldon colliery supposed to get to hospital or shields as this is our only bus service. Thankyou
(28 Jul 2021, 5:17 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]Just seen this post by someone on the Go North East Facebook page,

Hi after speaking to several driver in last few days about the no.5 bus being taken off can someone please confirm this and how are people from Boldon colliery supposed to get to hospital or shields as this is our only bus service. Thankyou
Really,i dont see them binning the 5,theyre not that stupid,unless Stagecoach plan to re-introduce their 13 and 14 to replace it
(28 Jul 2021, 5:17 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]Just seen this post by someone on the Go North East Facebook page,

Isn't the 5 subsidised by Nexus?
Sure the changes will be announced soon enough. Internal memo went out today and all I can say is there's lots of changes (Consett depot), some good and some not so good.
(28 Jul 2021, 7:13 pm)Stanleyone wrote [ -> ]Sure the changes will be announced soon enough. Internal memo went out today and all I can say is there's lots of changes (Consett depot), some good and some not so good.

And changes will affect most if not all depots.
(28 Jul 2021, 7:16 pm)citaro5284 wrote [ -> ]And changes will affect most if not all depots.
Indeed.
(28 Jul 2021, 5:37 pm)Andreos1 wrote [ -> ]Isn't the 5 subsidised by Nexus?
The Fellgate to Jarrow section used to be, I'm not sure if it still is.
That doesn't sound good...
Doubt anything will be done to Percy Main depot. Unless they move the H2 there and the change that meant to be happing to the 1A/1B
(28 Jul 2021, 7:27 pm)Train8261 wrote [ -> ]Doubt anything will be done to Percy Main depot. Unless they move the H2 there and the change that meant to be happing to the 1A/1B

Won't be a H2 come September from what I've seen............
Has the internal memo been leaked yet? It doesn't usually take long!
(28 Jul 2021, 7:28 pm)Kuyoyo wrote [ -> ]Won't be a H2 come September from what I've seen............

That doesn't surprise me at all

I'm hoping we see most of the Indigo East Durham routes merged in to longer routes.

Can't see the Hexham services changing, as they've just changed - although, the 10/10A/10B wasn't changed.

(28 Jul 2021, 7:28 pm)Kuyoyo wrote [ -> ]Won't be a H2 come September from what I've seen............

What date is the changes happening?
(28 Jul 2021, 7:39 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]That doesn't surprise me at all

I'm hoping we see most of the Indigo East Durham routes merged in to longer routes.

Can't see the Hexham services changing, as they've just changed - although, the 10/10A/10B wasn't changed.

What date is the changes happening?

Changes to a couple Hexham routes I believe all changes from 05/09
Wonder if they will merge the H1 with the H2 and make one big route with a PVR of 2
(28 Jul 2021, 7:36 pm)streetdeckfan wrote [ -> ]Has the internal memo been leaked yet? It doesn't usually take long!
Not by me it hasn't and won't be either. Individual memo for each depot it seems. I've only seen Consett depot memo as that's only what concerns me.
(28 Jul 2021, 7:43 pm)Stanleyone wrote [ -> ]Not by me it hasn't and won't be either. Individual memo for each depot it seems. I've only seen Consett depot memo as that's only what concerns me.

Good, keeps everyone guessing.

I don't use GNE now, since I've moved work places - so none of the changes effect me but still have a massive interest.

Will Cbma get his wish for the 60 to be extended to South Shields? Big Grin
(28 Jul 2021, 7:41 pm)Train8261 wrote [ -> ]Wonder if they will merge the H1 with the H2 and make one big route with a PVR of 2

How exactly would it be one big route? They duplicate eachother all the way to Monkton Lane.
(28 Jul 2021, 7:49 pm)pbjd wrote [ -> ]How exactly would it be one big route? They duplicate eachother all the way to Monkton Lane.

See, once again 2 pointless routes covering each other - why not just merge them with other routes

Can see the 38/38A being changed, just to the 38.