North East Buses

Full Version: September Service Changes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(19 Aug 2021, 1:14 pm)Keeiajs wrote [ -> ]Tbh I don't really think any depot has extra space or space to expand bar Riverside & Hownsgill. 

Deptford Definitely doesn't, Peterlee erm...., Percy Main no, Chester-Le-Street No, Washington no. GNE need bigger depots.

Deptford has space to extend , when new there was an option to extend at the rear and now there’s land next to on the side at the new junction, could easily put Washington and Peterlee operations from deptford

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(19 Aug 2021, 1:43 pm)cbma06 wrote [ -> ]Deptford has space to extend , when new there was an option to extend at the rear and now there’s land next to on the side at the new junction, could easily put Washington and Peterlee operations from deptford

Ah I thought that space was taken.
You could feasibly run the short 21's from Riverside and use that infrastructure if needed
I don't know how many people would like this idea however I saw some old buses on Flickr and it said "Drifter 62" so I was thinking It would be nice to see like
Drifter 60 [Sunderland - Parkside] (Blue - Red Back) Streetlites
Drifter 61 [Sunderland - Murton](Green - Red Back) Mercedes
Drifter 62 [Peterlee - Sunderland] (Purple - Red Back) Solos
Drifter 65 [Seaham-Durham] (Orange - Red Back) Versa's
(19 Aug 2021, 4:19 pm)Keeiajs wrote [ -> ]Drifter Drifter 60 [Sunderland - Parkside] (Blue - Red Back) Streetlites

Drifter Drifter 60 seems like a bit of a mouthful.

How about just 'Drifter 60' or, better still, just '60'?
(19 Aug 2021, 4:19 pm)Keeiajs wrote [ -> ]I don't know how many people would like this idea however I saw some old buses on Flickr and it said "Drifter 62" so I was thinking It would be nice to see like Drifter Drifter 60 [Sunderland - Parkside] (Blue - Red Back) Streetlites
Drifter 61 [Sunderland - Murton](Green - Red Back) Mercedes
Drifter 62 [Peterlee - Sunderland] (Purple - Red Back) Solos
Drifter 65 [Seaham-Durham] (Orange - Red Back) Versa's

I’m sure I read somewhere that the 62 will be operated by bigger buses than what’s used on the 208 at present, but the 62A will still be operated by a solo, I’m thinking 09 versas either on the 62 or 65 or both?

(19 Aug 2021, 7:04 pm)cbma06 wrote [ -> ]I’m sure I read somewhere that the 62 will be operated by bigger buses than what’s used on the 208 at present, but the 62A will still be operated by a solo, I’m thinking 09 versas either on the 62 or 65 or both?

The 65 is the only one being upgraded in capacity.

(19 Aug 2021, 7:04 pm)cbma06 wrote [ -> ]I’m sure I read somewhere that the 62 will be operated by bigger buses than what’s used on the 208 at present, but the 62A will still be operated by a solo, I’m thinking 09 versas either on the 62 or 65 or both?

I do think the 62 will get bigger capacity eventually as surprising the 62 is faster to Sunderland than the 60. From Dawdon/Seaham.

(19 Aug 2021, 6:40 pm)MurdnunoC wrote [ -> ]Drifter Drifter 60 seems like a bit of a mouthful.

How about just 'Drifter 60' or, better still, just '60'?
Sorry I missed that dulipate.
Am I the only one that doesn't really like the 'Drifter' brand?

Surely there are negative connotations with a drifter being "a person who is continually moving from place to place, without any fixed home or job", implying to me that it's an unreliable service that doesn't run to a timetable
(18 Aug 2021, 5:27 pm)Keeiajs wrote [ -> ]Just saw this on twitter is there any truth https://twitter.com/piggypics/status/142...48996?s=20
Martjin has confirmed and I quote "Nope, that’s utter nonsense and not happening!"
(19 Aug 2021, 7:06 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]The 65 is the only one being upgraded in capacity.

Cheers for the info, I got the 62 details changes mixed up with the 65

(19 Aug 2021, 7:21 pm)Keeiajs wrote [ -> ]I do think the 62 will get bigger capacity eventually as surprising the 62 is faster to Sunderland than the 60. From Dawdon/Seaham.

The X6 is faster than the 60 and people will still walk past the X6 on stand and get on the 60.
(19 Aug 2021, 7:21 pm)Keeiajs wrote [ -> ]I do think the 62 will get bigger capacity eventually as surprising the 62 is faster to Sunderland than the 60. From Dawdon/Seaham.

Sorry I missed that dulipate.

Personally I expect, 'Due to low usage, the 62 will no longer run between Seaham and Sunderland. Customers wishing to travel between Seaham and Sunderland can use the 60 Drifter Services upto every 12 minutes.'
(18 Aug 2021, 5:58 pm)Adrian wrote [ -> ]Doesn't appear to have gone down well in North Durham: https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/nor...s-21335376
Even I'm slightly miffed at the loss of the direct Stanley to metrocentre services. It was more reliable for us to come home via Stanley than get the x66 and hope there were still some seats on the 21 or x21, at Gateshead, on a Sunday.

(19 Aug 2021, 8:59 pm)deanmachine wrote [ -> ]The X6 is faster than the 60 and people will still walk past the X6 on stand and get on the 60.
The 60 serves lots of stops the x6 doesn't. Not all passengers are travelling between end points.
(19 Aug 2021, 9:47 pm)BusLoverMum wrote [ -> ]Even I'm slightly miffed at the loss of the direct Stanley to metrocentre services. It was more reliable for us to come home via Stanley than get the x66 and hope there were still some seats on the 21 or x21, at Gateshead, on a Sunday.

Does the 6 not provide a link between Stanley and the Metrocentre.
(19 Aug 2021, 9:47 pm)BusLoverMum wrote [ -> ]Even I'm slightly miffed at the loss of the direct Stanley to metrocentre services. It was more reliable for us to come home via Stanley than get the x66 and hope there were still some seats on the 21 or x21, at Gateshead, on a Sunday

I'm not sure whereabouts you're going in Stanley but the 6 is still running between the two but it's running on the lines of the one of the M's (not sure which) on the Southern section instead of the current route which is being replaced by the X72 thereabouts.
(20 Aug 2021, 7:05 am)Stanleyone wrote [ -> ]Does the 6 not provide a link between Stanley and the Metrocentre.
Not a fast one. It goes round the world. It's quicker to head to Newcastle and get a Durham bus from there.

(20 Aug 2021, 7:06 am)Storx wrote [ -> ]I'm not sure whereabouts you're going in Stanley but the 6 is still running between the two but it's running on the lines of the one of the M's (not sure which) on the Southern section instead of the current route which is being replaced by the X72 thereabouts.
Well, it's Stanley bus station then on to the 16s (it was the same vehicle on Sundays, for a while!) but not worth it if the new 6 takes significantly longer than the M services, unless I'm in the mood for some scenery.

I have other options, though. The people who live on those routes don't.
(19 Aug 2021, 8:59 pm)deanmachine wrote [ -> ]The X6 is faster than the 60 and people will still walk past the X6 on stand and get on the 60.
X6 only stops at like 4 stops in Seaham whereas the 62 stops all along Dawdon, and most of seaham aswell as Ryhope. Which the X6 didn't.

If the X6 is due there is actually people who get of the 60 to get it.
(19 Aug 2021, 9:47 pm)BusLoverMum wrote [ -> ]The 60 serves lots of stops the x6 doesn't. Not all passengers are travelling between end points.

Yeah I know, but I've had people walk past the X6 onto my 60 and say "Seaham Harbour please". Same as they'll let the 61 go to get on the 60, then get off at a shared part. I'm not sure why they do it, maybe because the 60 is more frequent, and that's the one they know.
(20 Aug 2021, 8:46 am)deanmachine wrote [ -> ]Yeah I know, but I've had people walk past the X6 onto my 60 and say "Seaham Harbour please". Same as they'll let the 61 go to get on the 60, then get off at a shared part. I'm not sure why they do it, maybe because the 60 is more frequent, and that's the one they know.
I think the 62/X6 would get a lot more passengers between Sunderland - Seaham if they knew where is actually went because both services are quicker.