North East Buses

Full Version: September Service Changes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(05 Aug 2021, 10:18 pm)Storx wrote [ -> ]Yeah agreed, maybe try and do something with the 34 instead though, 3 buses an hour always seems overkill anyway tbh not sure how hard it would be to get a bus off there and then use that bus to extend maybe one of them beyond Ouston and the other 28 around the Urpeth Grange loop giving them a bus to Newcastle, they'd probably appreciate it more than 3 buses to CLS anyway tbh.

I don't get the point of the B1 personally, the 28/28A is clearly struggling you've got a flow of passengers who could use it to top it up like you tbh but they duplicate it instead and all of a sudden it's not profitable. I might be naive but it's a bit illogical.
The B1 only competes when the 28 gets full.

(05 Aug 2021, 10:24 pm)Wybus wrote [ -> ]Ideally there would be a bus station somewhere in the Market Street area so passengers waiting for the 56/57/58 have better conditions, and also so the X1/21/X21 etc wouldn't have to cross the entire city centre to get to Eldon Square. GNE would be able to trim 1 bus from the PVR for all those services
Maybe Worswick Street would be a good place for one....
(05 Aug 2021, 10:05 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]Also noticed, GNE looks to of uploaded it school services for the new school term.... which is quite alot.
Where is this? Can't seem to find any mention of scholars stuff anywhere on the mobile site at least.

I was under the impression GNE lost quite a few with independents picking more up although with the weird way Nexus contracts work where you have a different operator to the one that does the morning run it can get a bit difficult to work stuff out from BusTimes
(06 Aug 2021, 12:07 am)Jimmi wrote [ -> ]Where is this? Can't seem to find any mention of scholars stuff anywhere on the mobile site at least.

I was under the impression GNE lost quite a few with independents picking more up although with the weird way Nexus contracts work where you have a different operator to the one that does the morning run it can get a bit difficult to work stuff out from BusTimes

On the timetable page there's an options to preview the upcoming changes which then brings up all the scholars services
Another GNE hotch pot of changes! How long will these last? Another example of GNE route planners to on acid.
(06 Aug 2021, 12:22 am)Economic505 wrote [ -> ]Another GNE hotch pot of changes! How long will these last? Another example of GNE route planners to on acid.
East Durham is  a joke. Basically services scrapped a few years back, are reintroduced. It’s about time GNE took a leaf out of SNE , and went for stability.  It may be fun for Bus spotters of the world [unite and take over] (sorry - my play on words from an 1980s song) , but the average passenger must be weary with change.
(05 Aug 2021, 9:52 pm)Train8261 wrote [ -> ]that Would actually look decent and just as long as they don't do the same as what they have done to the Violets and have the red on the back

South Shields is Red, the same as Sunderland, that combination is more like Washington!

(05 Aug 2021, 9:11 pm)Keeiajs wrote [ -> ]What solo's?
673-679 are for the 39/39A

Sunderland District Graphite .
Will the evening X45/47 & X30/X72 interwork?
(05 Aug 2021, 9:16 pm)Keeiajs wrote [ -> ]So what about the 38 | 38A | 33 | 33A ?

The 33/38 will be served by Solos 647-651 and possibly 672 returning with the H1/2 being abandoned. The X6 will be worked by Peterlee, which releases two.
(06 Aug 2021, 6:07 am)L469 YVK wrote [ -> ]Will the evening X45/47 & X30/X72 interwork?
Timetables suggest they will.
So, is the 47 staying X-lines then? It still seems to be bundled in with the X45/46 on the website
And I take it that changes to the 21, 26, 27, X1, X45/X46/X47, X30/X31, X70/X71 could potentially mean something down the following lines?

- 6362, 63 and 76 Consett to Washington
- 6338-40 make up X45/X46 PVR alongside 6356-61
- 6331-32 return to Chester Le Street for 21 extension
- 6333 remains at Consett as spare
- 6301-02 return to Chester Le Street as spare
- 6303 remains at Consett as spare
- 6084-86 eventually form Tyne Valley Ten PVR
- 6043-48 go on the 25
(06 Aug 2021, 6:57 am)streetdeckfan wrote [ -> ]So, is the 47 staying X-lines then? It still seems to be bundled in with the X45/46 on the website
who knows, might be but it runs a similar route to Rowlands gill and does offer a link (although longer) between Metrocentre and Consett.
Since out of the 200’s series in east Durham that the 201/206/209/210 and 204 will be left, don’t know why there can’t renumber them all to double digits series in the 60’s series to compliment service 60,61, 62/62A and 65 in east Durham areas

201 = 67
204 = 68
206 = 66
209 = 63
210 = 64

Since the Peterlee solos will be branded as Peterlee Purples, I would of expected them branded as little purples

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm a fan of the new 8 branding County Ranger.

Wonder how the 41 & 41A will work

Can anyone tell me if the 21 extension is a good idea and how as I've seen it mentioned a lot but never understood why it needs it's extension. Anyone know why
(06 Aug 2021, 5:52 am)54APhotography wrote [ -> ]South Shields is Red, the same as Sunderland, that combination is more like Washington!

673-679 are for the 39/39A

Sunderland District Graphite .

I'm surprised the 39 is getting downgraded to Solo's like, I thought it was a busy service, hence why 2 deckers are allocated?
(06 Aug 2021, 7:55 am)Train8261 wrote [ -> ]I'm a fan of the new 8 branding County Ranger.

Wonder how the 41 & 41A will work

Can anyone tell me if the 21 extension is a good idea and how as I've seen it mentioned a lot but never understood why it needs it's extension. Anyone know why

The cynic in me thinks that GNE are dipping their toes into competing with Arriva in Durham, they've extended the X21 to West Auckland, duplicating most of the Arriva 6 route, now they're extending the 21 to Brandon, presumably duplicating the Arriva 49. 

The upside is that it'll give passengers in Brandon a direct link to places like the Arnison Centre, Chester le Street, and Newcastle
(06 Aug 2021, 7:57 am)Michael wrote [ -> ]I'm surprised the 39 is getting downgraded to Solo's like, I thought it was a busy service, hence why 2 deckers are allocated?
Things have changed with social distancing and standees being allowed. With most decisions they (commercial team) have the data, will things change if more office workers return....who knows.
(06 Aug 2021, 8:07 am)Stanleyone wrote [ -> ]Things have changed with social distancing and standees being allowed. With most decisions they (commercial team) have the data, will things change if more office workers return....who knows.

That's true, hopefully it doesn't backfire and it ends up leaving people.

-----

Also noticed the 78 is also getting the "Country Ranger" brand (info on the 8 timetable).... also they haven't uploaded the new 78 timetable.

A few new services haven't had their new timetables uploaded yet
It seems the 28/28A has changed overnight
The 28 will continue to operate between Chester-le-Street and Newcastle via its present route as will the Monday to Saturday evening journeys on the 28B. The 28A will only operate between Newcastle and Perkinsville Bungalows only.
(06 Aug 2021, 8:07 am)streetdeckfan wrote [ -> ]The cynic in me thinks that GNE are dipping their toes into competing with Arriva in Durham, they've extended the X21 to West Auckland, duplicating most of the Arriva 6 route, now they're extending the 21 to Brandon, presumably duplicating the Arriva 49. 

The upside is that it'll give passengers in Brandon a direct link to places like the Arnison Centre, Chester le Street, and Newcastle
Ah I see. I've seen a lot of people mentioning it but never understood why