North East Buses

Full Version: September Service Changes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Do we really need to be asking if the 96 is going to serve places between Gateshead and Metrocentre? And here’s me thinking the route it will take would be obvious given the route number.
(28 Jul 2021, 8:47 pm)Train8261 wrote [ -> ]Confused on how that would work?

At the metrocentre is where they would do this as it is now the end point for both services (aside from the add on to asda for the 97)
So the 97 is being cut from Newcastle?
(28 Jul 2021, 8:50 pm)Train8261 wrote [ -> ]So the 97 is being cut from Newcastle?

No, otherwise the service would be a bit pointless, it will run Newcastle to Metrocentre via Whickham.
(28 Jul 2021, 8:50 pm)Train8261 wrote [ -> ]So the 97 is being cut from Newcastle?

No it will operate Newcastle-Gateshead-Whichkham-Metrocentre

Sorry Im being quite vague purely because im posting while doing other stuff
So it would be.

97 From Newcastle to Metrocentre Via Whickham then 96 to Gateshead and back then 97 to Newcastle Via Whickham
(28 Jul 2021, 8:49 pm)fexib45 wrote [ -> ]At the metrocentre is where they would do this as it is now the end point for both services (aside from the add on to asda for the 97)

So, the 96 would get to Metrocentre, then continue on as a 97 to ASDA, Whickham and Newcastle?
Wonder where in Newcastle it will stop. Market Street or Eldon Square
(28 Jul 2021, 8:53 pm)streetdeckfan wrote [ -> ]So, the 96 would get to Metrocentre, then continue on as a 97 to ASDA, Whickham and Newcastle?

Alternative buses will go to ASDA the others doing a 96 I would think as ASDA doesn’t need every 15 minute service.
(28 Jul 2021, 8:54 pm)Train8261 wrote [ -> ]Wonder where in Newcastle it will stop. Market Street or Eldon Square

The impression I get is that they're just splitting the 97 in half at the Metrocentre and renumbering one part to 96
(28 Jul 2021, 8:52 pm)pbjd wrote [ -> ]No, otherwise the service would be a bit pointless, it will run Newcastle to Metrocentre via Whickham.

Any info on changes in the Sunderland area?
Say the 97 finishes at Metrocentre now and changes to a 96 to Gateshead and back then back to a 97 wouldn't that make it have one terminal point now in Newcastle instead of the two
(28 Jul 2021, 8:56 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]Any info on changes in the Sunderland area?

All I’ve heard is X20 out of Rainton which I can’t imagine comes as a surprise to anyone.

(28 Jul 2021, 8:57 pm)Train8261 wrote [ -> ]Say the 97 finishes at Metrocentre now and changes to a 96 to Gateshead and back then back to a 97 wouldn't that make it have one terminal point now in Newcastle instead of the two

Yes, as has already been said the service will terminate at Metrocentre with half running into the 96 and the other half terminating at ASDA.
Has anyone heard anything of any changes to services in the Washington area?
(28 Jul 2021, 8:59 pm)pbjd wrote [ -> ]All I’ve heard is X20 out of Rainton which I can’t imagine comes as a surprise to anyone.

Not surprised, might speed the journey up too.
(28 Jul 2021, 8:59 pm)pbjd wrote [ -> ] All I’ve heard is X20 out of Rainton which I can’t imagine comes as a surprise to anyone. 

Yes, as has already been said the service will terminate at Metrocentre with half running into the 96 and the other half terminating at ASDA.

Rainton Bridge?
Surprised at that. Heard the NPower building was going to be back in use with a new tenant soon.
(28 Jul 2021, 9:11 pm)Andreos1 wrote [ -> ]Rainton Bridge?
Surprised at that. Heard the NPower building was going to be back in use with a new tenant soon.

News to me they had someone moving in, maybe not a smart idea to pull it after all.
If you cut the journey time on the X20 by missing Rainton you could probably save a bus with a 150 minute round trip, but you'd need to Interwork with something else at Sunderland or Langley to make the saving....
(28 Jul 2021, 9:11 pm)Andreos1 wrote [ -> ]Rainton Bridge?
Just Eat moving in
(28 Jul 2021, 8:59 pm)pbjd wrote [ -> ]All I’ve heard is X20 out of Rainton which I can’t imagine comes as a surprise to anyone.

So am I right in thinking the 96/97 will work something like this?

[Image: 96.jpg]