North East Buses

Full Version: September Service Changes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(04 Sep 2021, 4:07 pm)MurdnunoC wrote [ -> ]Why do you think those services you've listed should be branded?

All the services on your list have been branded in the past and, presumably, have had little-to-no impact on passenger numbers and/or revenue otherwise the brands would remain.

Other than the aesthetic "because it would look nice" argument, which is largely rooted in fantasy, what other reasons would you give? Pretend you're trying to sell your idea to the GNE's Financial Director.
Relatively busy/frequent.
(04 Sep 2021, 5:33 pm)Keeiajs wrote [ -> ]Relatively busy/frequent.

Would adding a brand make them more frequent or busy? Bearing in mind, once again, that branding has been applied before and has had little-to-no impact on passenger numbers.
(04 Sep 2021, 5:38 pm)MurdnunoC wrote [ -> ]Would adding a brand make them more frequent or busy? Bearing in mind, once again, that branding has been applied before and has had little-to-no impact on passenger numbers.
I would say, if you advertise it then it will. Its not like i am asking for the 34/28/734 should be.
(04 Sep 2021, 5:42 pm)Keeiajs wrote [ -> ]I would say, if you advertise it then it will. Its not like i am asking for the 34/28/734 should be.

Are you suggesting these services aren't well advertised? Were they better advertised when branded previously? How has the marketing for the services changed between then and now? Why shouldn't the 34, 28 or 734 receive branding? Don't forget the 28 and 34 were previously branded as the Waggonway and Lambton Worm respectively  Are these services of less importance, less frequent or less busy than the ones you've suggested?
(04 Sep 2021, 5:15 pm)MurdnunoC wrote [ -> ]Denied. 

Here's a reduction in your salary instead.

, can’t be denied, as GNE are doing just that , shows how much GNE haven’t put the effort in with all these brands that will be on all other routes, route branding routes which ends up on other routes, and you got outer branded routes doing other areas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(04 Sep 2021, 5:57 pm)MurdnunoC wrote [ -> ]Are you suggesting these services aren't well advertised? Were they better advertised when branded previously? How has the marketing for the services changed between then and now? Why shouldn't the 34, 28 or 734 receive branding? Don't forget the 28 and 34 were previously branded as the Waggonway and Lambton Worm respectively  Are these services of less importance, less frequent or less busy than the ones you've suggested?
Waggonway buses were withdrawn & idk why they got rid of the lambtom worm, I would have kept it.
(04 Sep 2021, 6:06 pm)Keeiajs wrote [ -> ]Waggonway buses were withdrawn & idk why they got rid of the lambtom worm, I would have kept it.

Buses on tbe Angel have been withdrawn or redeployed over the years and, yet, the buses that replaced them received the brand name, albeit with a different paint scheme. I believe this was the also the case with the Waggonway, IIRC. 

So why would you now keep the Lambton Worm brand whist implying previously that this service shouldn't be branded? Do you think all buses should be branded, no matter what? And , if so, why?
(04 Sep 2021, 6:11 pm)MurdnunoC wrote [ -> ]Buses on tbe Angel have been withdrawn or redeployed over the years and, yet, the buses that replaced them received the brand name, albeit with a different paint scheme. I believe this was the also the case with the Waggonway, IIRC. 

So why would you now keep the Lambton Worm brand whist implying previously that this service shouldn't be branded? Do you think all buses should be branded, no matter what? And , if so, why?
It had prestige's, then Solars until they were withdrawn. Lambton Worm I would have with the 34/34A but now not really I would brand frequent high capacity routes, such as the 50/5/9/12/12A/6/26 as stated above. I don't think every brand should be branded. But I would argue the ones I have listed should be. 34 is a shadow of what it once was.
(04 Sep 2021, 6:06 pm)Keeiajs wrote [ -> ]Waggonway buses were withdrawn & idk why they got rid of the lambtom worm, I would have kept it.

Lambton Worm Brand should of been put on a service which passes the mythical history of the Lambton worm demise in which service 4 passes at Fatfield, connections 4 brand is pointless , service 4 should of had an updated version of the lambton worm brand with a bit of history on the inside interior for people to read.

Little pinks should of been put into 2 tone red base colour (from the X1 xlines base colour) and re branded either little arrows or Little Reds.

(04 Sep 2021, 7:10 pm)cbma06 wrote [ -> ]Lambton Worm Brand should of been put on a service which passes the mythical history of the Lambton worm demise in which service 4 passes at Fatfield, connections 4 brand is pointless , service 4 should of had an updated version of the lambton worm brand with a bit of history on the inside interior for people to read.

Never understood the reason it was named Lambton Worm
(04 Sep 2021, 7:13 pm)Keeiajs wrote [ -> ]Never understood the reason it was named Lambton Worm

The Lambton Worm is a story about a mythical monster which is celebrated in local folklore through a well-known song

Still it is interesting that you're supportive of a brand of which you don't understand the relevance. Perhaps the 49/49A should be branded the Lambton Worm, and the 34 the Blaydon Racers.
(04 Sep 2021, 7:22 pm)MurdnunoC wrote [ -> ]The Lambton Worm is a story about a mythical monster which is celebrated in local folklore through a well-known song

Still it is interesting that you're supportive of a brand of which you don't understand the relevance. Perhaps the 49/49A should be branded the Lambton Worm, and the 34 the Blaydon Racers.
No what I said I didn't understand why they named it that. Never said it was the right branding. Plus ur final statement is a bit stupid.
(04 Sep 2021, 7:10 pm)cbma06 wrote [ -> ]Little pinks should of been put into 2 tone red base colour (from the X1 xlines base colour) and re branded either little arrows or Little Reds.

It's a shame the Green Arrow brand didn't come about in 2012 when the television show, Arrow, a series about the DC Comics character, the Green Arrow premiered. Go North East missed a trick here with the obvious tie-ins and the inevitable Stephen Amell appearance.
I don't think the Public are aware of the 65's Sunday Service.
I believe 2/2A & 61 interwork.
(05 Sep 2021, 11:04 am)Keeiajs wrote [ -> ]I believe 2/2A & 61 interwork.
Looks that way, which then begs the question of what is the point in branding?

Colours are easy to understand for routes, but you're potentially going to have Berries in Murton and Blues in Washington on a Sunday.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
(05 Sep 2021, 11:09 am)Adrian wrote [ -> ]Looks that way, which then begs the question of what is the point in branding?

Colours are easy to understand for routes, but you're potentially going to have Berries in Murton and Blues in Washington on a Sunday.

I love it when a plan almost comes together - to paraphrase Hannibal from the  A-Team.

Imagine if the almost built a tank from a few bits of metal found a shed, or almost built a gun using a tin-opener, a garden hose and a little but of gunpowder  I don't think almost would be adequate if attempting to battle your way out a perilous situation. Almost getting branding right is just as bad. Imagine wanting to go to Washington and almost getting there by ending up in Murton after getting on the correct coloured bus route...
(05 Sep 2021, 11:09 am)Adrian wrote [ -> ]Looks that way, which then begs the question of what is the point in branding?

I agree with this exact point.... just seems pointless.

I Think its just a sunday, which isn't as bad. But its like when Prince Bishops used to be on the Drifter / 35A on a Sunday/Evening. When GNE were advertising Sunday upgrades.

(05 Sep 2021, 11:21 am)MurdnunoC wrote [ -> ]I love it when a plan almost comes together - to paraphrase Hannibal from the  A-Team.

Imagine if the almost built a tank from a few bits of metal found a shed, or almost built a gun using a tin-opener, a garden hose and a little but of gunpowder  I don't think almost would be adequate if attempting to battle your way out a perilous situation. Almost getting branding right is just as bad. Imagine wanting to go to Washington and almost getting there by ending up in Murton after getting on the correct coloured bus route...
That is a bit stupid, check the dest. I remember I was on the 20 (before the South Sheilds Extension) it was Fab Fifty Six bus, and we got to Durham and the driver had a 15 mins rest, and this person went to the front and ask, where are we, I wanted to go to Newcaslte, and then the driver was like this was the 20. But it's a orange bus. And the driver was like that doesn’t matter. I left the bus so idk what happened.
(05 Sep 2021, 11:34 am)Keeiajs wrote [ -> ]I Think its just a sunday, which isn't as bad. But its like when Prince Bishops used to be on the Drifter / 35A on a Sunday/Evening. When GNE were advertising Sunday upgrades.

That is a bit stupid, check the dest. I remember I was on the 20 (before the South Sheilds Extension) it was Fab Fifty Six bus, and we got to Durham and the driver had a 15 mins rest, and this person went to the front and ask, where are we, I wanted to go to Newcaslte, and then the driver was like this was the 20. But it's a orange bus. And the driver was like that doesn’t matter. I left the bus so idk what happened.

Of course people should check the destination - that said, GNE have been pretty clear the point of the Sunderland branding is to have everything based aroud colours of specific lines creating what I think Martijn referred to as a tube map style system of colours.  Sunday or not, having different colour routes interworking part of the week utterly undermines that concept.  Then again, having branded routes interworking during the main weekday period (assuming this is what the X6/38 etc will be doing) makes a mockery of the concept anyway.