North East Buses

Full Version: September Service Changes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(01 Aug 2021, 6:53 pm)DH9 wrote [ -> ]Was it not said earlier the 55 was going to be withdrawn and one X1 an hour was to be extended to Peterlee (another to Dalton Park)?

Just guessing with the 55 I believe, there is the X1 extensions though. Someone did say that the 55 is being split off South of Peterlee though.
(01 Aug 2021, 7:15 pm)Storx wrote [ -> ]Just guessing with the 55 I believe, there is the X1 extensions though. Someone did say that the 55 is being split off South of Peterlee though.

I'm sure it was said the Peterlee to Wingate would be dropped and replaced so it would be Sunderland to Peterlee only - more than likely an hourly service - becoming half hourly after Houghton (linked with X1)

55 PVR would be 2 (Sunderland to Peterlee only)
(01 Aug 2021, 6:10 pm)big mac wrote [ -> ]I'd be interested to see if the 21 gets the Brandon extension.

Sent from my moto g(8) power lite using Tapatalk

It is, apparently.
(01 Aug 2021, 7:01 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ][/b]

I thought a citaro was spotted at Saltmeadows branded up for the 55?

Unless the Peterlee section is dropped and it'll go elsewhere
If I'm wrong, I'm wrong.
(01 Aug 2021, 7:01 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ][/b]

I thought a citaro was spotted at Saltmeadows branded up for the 55?

Unless the Peterlee section is dropped and it'll go elsewhere

I think the 55 is needed as a route. South Hetton, Easington Lane and Hetton Le Hole should have a bus to Sunderland direct, Bede College is also used by people in Easington Village, South Hetton, Easington Lane and Hetton so removing the link is a mistake. The 55 is also the only main route for South Hetton, you’re left with just the 208 and 202 otherwise. (Hetton had the 35 but that takes a while to get to Sunderland city centre and doesn’t serve the college)

I think it would also be a mistake to drop the Wingate/Castle Eden loop, surely it’s much better promoting cross travel by having it extend past Peterlee as opposed to been just a local circular. 
I wonder if maybe we’ll see the Castle Eden loop become part of a new Sunderland-Peterlee route via Seaham and Dalton Park.
I've been thinking about the X72 and @Stanleyone saying it would be an interesting route to drive.

Here's a long shot given other comments.

Newcastle-Gateshead-Bensham-Team Valley-Lobley Hill (Cragside Gardens) replacing 1B- Sunniside-Crookgate-Tanfield Village-Sleepy Valley-Tantobie-White-le-Head-Flint Hill-Dipton-Harelaw-Catchgate-Annfield Plain-New Kyo-Stanley
(01 Aug 2021, 6:42 pm)Stanleyone wrote [ -> ]78 will serve pelton fell replacing the 28/28a on that stretch, 8 will operate on an evening/Sunday (replacing the 78A I'm led to believe).
So will that mean Consett depot allocation will be all deckers now. It will be interesting to see what is used for the 47. Also, if deckers are used for the 78 I wonder where the coast and country streetlites will go.
(01 Aug 2021, 9:13 pm)Tiger5105 wrote [ -> ]So will that mean Consett depot allocation will be all deckers now. It will be interesting to see what is used for the 47. Also, if deckers are used for the 78 I wonder where the coast and country streetlites will go.
From what has been said on depot fb page, streetlites will remain on the 78 route.

(01 Aug 2021, 9:03 pm)DH9 wrote [ -> ]I've been thinking about the X72 and @Stanleyone saying it would be an interesting route to drive.

Newcastle-Gateshead-Bensham-Team Valley-Lobley Hill (Cragside Gardens) replacing 1B- Sunniside-Crookgate-Tanfield Village-Sleepy Valley-Tantobie-White-le-Head-Flint Hill-Dipton-Harelaw-Catchgate-Annfield Plain-New Kyo-Stanley
Quite an interesting route. Not long till the full details will be out
(01 Aug 2021, 7:31 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]I'm sure it was said the Peterlee to Wingate would be dropped and replaced so it would be Sunderland to Peterlee only - more than likely an hourly service - becoming half hourly after Houghton (linked with X1)

55 PVR would be 2 (Sunderland to Peterlee only)

Aye could be, the X1 could be a replacement for the 202 either though. The link to Dalton Park replacing the Easington Lane - Dalton Park section and the other one replacing the Easington Lane - Peterlee section.

I know it was said there was another Sunderland - Peterlee service maybe that might replace the Seaham - Dalton Park section. Maybe that's where the rest of the 55 might be getting bolted onto possibly aswell giving a quicker service rather than going 'around the world' to Sunderland through places Blackhall etc never really want to be.

I don't have a clue though just pure guessing that. Who knows.
(01 Aug 2021, 9:03 pm)DH9 wrote [ -> ]I've been thinking about the X72 and @Stanleyone saying it would be an interesting route to drive.

I doubt it would stray from the X70 & X71 route between Sunniside and Newcastle to maintain a common frequency (X71 unchanged so doubt all three would be put through Cragside Gardens).

The whole aim of the X30/X31 & X70/X71/X72 changes will be to rationalise the South Gateshead corridor (upto every 10 minutes rather than having the X30 & X70/X71 chasing each other as now).

Similar sort of exercise as what Arriva did with the Ashington-Bedlington-Newcastle services back in 2012 around Bedlington.

The express - X31/X32 every 15 mins Front Street West & X33 every 30 mins Glebe Bank

then...............

Arriva Big Change - X21 every 20 mins Front Street West & X22 every 20 mins Glebe Bank. Note no harmonisation or common stopping point / frequency.

then................

Arriva Sept 2012 changes - X21 & X22 routes swapped between Bedlington and Newcastle. Common frequency established from Ashington as well as in Stakeford and on Bedlington Front Street West, also since served by the X22.
What’s happening with the 28/28A?

An extension and longer route is exactly what a chronically unreliable 21 needs especially since we’ve got 4 years of Durham Road becoming essentially a car park when the A1 closures kick in.
(01 Aug 2021, 9:13 pm)Tiger5105 wrote [ -> ]So will that mean Consett depot allocation will be all deckers now. It will be interesting to see what is used for the 47. Also, if deckers are used for the 78 I wonder where the coast and country streetlites will go.

Since the 16/16a will be going double decker, does that mean 78 will be the only single decker operation left at consett, if so then if 1 or 2 streetlite VOR then a double decker can stand in for replacement on the 78

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(01 Aug 2021, 9:47 pm)L469 YVK wrote [ -> ]I doubt it would stray from the X70 & X71 route between Sunniside and Newcastle to maintain a common frequency (X71 unchanged so doubt all three would be put through Cragside Gardens).

The whole aim of the X30/X31 & X70/X71/X72 changes will be to rationalise the South Gateshead corridor (upto every 10 minutes rather than having the X30 & X70/X71 chasing each other as now).
X70/X71 won't serve cragside gardens, only other change to X70 will see it revert to the original route between Dipton and pickering nook. Therefore a 20 minute frequency on common section of route between Sunniside and Gateshead/Newcastle.

(02 Aug 2021, 7:31 am)cbma06 wrote [ -> ]Since the 16/16a will be going double decker, does that mean 78 will be the only single decker operation left at consett, if so then if 1 or 2 streetlite VOR then a double decker can stand in for replacement on the 78

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Deckers on 78 I think will be a common site.
(01 Aug 2021, 10:23 pm)Ambassador wrote [ -> ]What’s happening with the 28/28A?

An extension and longer route is exactly what a chronically unreliable 21 needs especially since we’ve got 4 years of Durham Road becoming essentially a car park when the A1 closures kick in.
I think it's inevitable with the Brandon extension that GNE will start turning the 21 round at Durham if it's running late, much like they seem to do with the x21 when they stop it at Bishop Auckland rather than continue on to West Auckland.

(02 Aug 2021, 10:13 am)big mac wrote [ -> ]I think it's inevitable with the Brandon extension that GNE will start turning the 21 round at Durham if it's running late, much like they seem to do with the x21 when they stop it at Bishop Auckland rather than continue on to West Auckland.

That happens? That seems like a terrible service, clearly not much usage in West Auckland, it’s one thing turning around a heavy frequency service ie. a 56 or 21 not going to Newcastle, And on the odd occasion I’m sure I’ve seen 60s turn round at Seaham Harbour rather than continuing to Parkside, but only when there’s two running together. 
Every 30 minute services shouldn’t be terminating early.
(02 Aug 2021, 10:13 am)big mac wrote [ -> ]I think it's inevitable with the Brandon extension that GNE will start turning the 21 round at Durham if it's running late, much like they seem to do with the x21 when they stop it at Bishop Auckland rather than continue on to West Auckland.

Arnison Centre is already a frequent casualty when delays occur much to the annoyance of the passengers waiting there especially those who are likely to have shopping with them.

(02 Aug 2021, 11:35 am)Drifter60 wrote [ -> ]That happens? That seems like a terrible service, clearly not much usage in West Auckland, it’s one thing turning around a heavy frequency service ie. a 56 or 21 not going to Newcastle, And on the odd occasion I’m sure I’ve seen 60s turn round at Seaham Harbour rather than continuing to Parkside, but only when there’s two running together. 
Every 30 minute services shouldn’t be terminating early.
From what I've seen they'll run through to West Auckland when late however on afternoon's at least when delayed will omit the West Auckland / Tindle / Woodhouse section and just run light to start at Bishop Bus Station
(02 Aug 2021, 11:47 am)Jimmi wrote [ -> ]Arnison Centre is already a frequent casualty when delays occur much to the annoyance of the passengers waiting there especially those who are likely to have shopping with them.

From what I've seen they'll run through to West Auckland when late however on afternoon's at least when delayed will omit the West Auckland / Tindle / Woodhouse section and just run light to start at Bishop Bus Station
I knew the Arnison Centre was an accident waiting to happen as soon as they said they were diverting the 21 to serve there. It also doesn't help that it currently only has a 4 minute layover at Durham which for a service as vulnerable to delays as the 21 is nowhere near enough.

Seen this comment on the GNE Facebook page:

Hi all,
I am petitioning to durham county council to prevent the closure of the 71 bus from Chester le Street to Seaham, this is the only direct route to Seaham.
This won't just affect myself but others who rely on this bus, elderly passengers will lose there freedom who use this bus to get out and about.
Please let's flood dutham County council and go north east so they can present to the council, I'd really appreciate your support. Please put yes on my post if you would like to keep the bus 71.
Thank you in advance.
Go North East
X30 extension to Consett looks like it is continuing.
Could do with journeys after 6/7pm extending to wallsend. Very little point In using the new £1 if it's trying encourage patronage

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk