North East Buses

Full Version: September Service Changes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm a fan of two of the changes. The 1 return and the X1 to Dalton Park & Peterlee
(05 Aug 2021, 6:23 pm)Train8261 wrote [ -> ]I'm a fan of two of the changes. The 1 return and the X1 to Dalton Park & Peterlee

The 1 is hardly non-existant as it is, just a removal of the reduant A&B.
(05 Aug 2021, 5:35 pm)Stanleyone wrote [ -> ]Changes now online in the timetable section

Interesting routes

Still working out why Sunderland needs another Peterlee route though....

X6 - Hourly
55 - Every 30 minutes
62 - Hourly

22/23 from Arriva

Can say the same for Dalton Park too.

---------

Nothing replacing the 28/28A at Beamish?, although the 8 is now running till 11pm - all week.
Assuming the data is correct the 265 becomes the 65, operates all day and Sundays. That appears a big win
(05 Aug 2021, 6:28 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]Interesting routes

X6 - Hourly
55 - Every 30 minutes
62 - Hourly

22/23 from Arriva

62/62A an attempt to take passengers in the villages from Arriva, which is why 265 going back to 65 with a frequency increase and a new Sunday service.

X6 - Hourly
55 - Every 30 minutes
62 - Hourly

22/23 from Arriva

I don't think anybody's going to use the 62 to go to Peterlee from Sunderland, I doubt that's what it's for.
Like the changes to service 8. It's great that it will now run evenings and Sundays. It's confirmed to serve Brady Square but I've noticed it will now serve Teal Farm hourly on Evenings also.
(05 Aug 2021, 6:37 pm)Washingtonian wrote [ -> ]Like the changes to service 8. It's great that it will now run evenings and Sundays. It's confirmed to serve Brady Square but I've noticed it will now serve Teal Farm hourly on Evenings also.

Another lesser noticed Washington change is the introduction of an 85A, a school run from Springwell Village to Oxclose.
(05 Aug 2021, 6:30 pm)deanmachine wrote [ -> ]I don't think anybody's going to use the 62 to go to Peterlee from Sunderland, I doubt that's what it's for.

That's true

Looks like the 62/62A will be under the new Peterlee local brand

201/202/208/209/210/V4/V5/V9 - no timetables appear after 6th September - I take it these are all replaced by other services.

Also confirms the X9 will be back on the 6th September.
21 getting its extension.
47 replacing the V9
47A replacing the V5 in part.

Looks as though The Dene is without a bus service.
(05 Aug 2021, 6:39 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]That's true

Looks like the 62/62A will be under the new Peterlee local brand

201/202/208/209/210/V4/V5/V9 - no timetables appear after 6th September - I take it these are all replaced by other services.
V3/V4 is replaced by X5/X15 around blackhill
V3 will replace V5 to the Dene
47a will replace V5 through Leadgate, Bradley bungalows and Medomsley
47 will replace V9 Consett to Blackhall Mill
10a replaces V9 to Chopwell East Street.
Other changes
X72 replaces 6/6a through Annfield Plain, Catchgate and Dipton, replaces X70 through White le head and Tantobie, replaces M8 through Tanfield village and 1b around cragside gardens.
X30 withdrawn between Stanley and Consett.
Looks like the 50 is being rerouted to go from Ayton to Chester le street via A1 again and will no longer serve Picktree, Rickleton and Harraton. Looks like this is why the 8 is now running on an evening. Makes a lot more sense.

X6 - Hourly
55 - Every 30 minutes
62 - Hourly

22/23 from Arriva

---------

Nothing replacing the 28/28A at Beamish?, although the 8 is now running till 11pm - all week.

The 62 is the 208 between Peterlee and Easington Colliery, 202 between Dalton Park and Seaham and the X7 between Seaham and Sunderland.

Then the X1 is the 202 between Easington Lane and Dalton Park / Peterlee.
(05 Aug 2021, 6:46 pm)MurdnunoC wrote [ -> ]47 replacing the V9

X45/46 reduced from half-hourly to hourly too so it seems. Rowlands Gill - Newcastle corridor down by 2 buses per hour.
X45/X46 remains hourly on Sundays, every 30mins each Monday to Saturday. 47/47a operate hourly each on a Sunday, 47a replacing the Sunday X71 and X72 replacing the Burnopefield to Newcastle portion.
I’ve looked through the list a few times and haven’t been able to find a replacement for the 30 between Lanchester and Quaking Houses. Maybe I’ve missed it, but would be very surprising if this section is withdrawn even if poorly used.
(05 Aug 2021, 6:46 pm)MurdnunoC wrote [ -> ]47 replacing the V9

The Dene is served by a revised V3
Confirmed the 71 Seaham to Chester le Street is withdrawn from 5th September!
(05 Aug 2021, 6:53 pm)S813 FVK wrote [ -> ]I’ve looked through the list a few times and haven’t been able to find a replacement for the 30 between Lanchester and Quaking Houses. Maybe I’ve missed it, but would be very surprising if this section is withdrawn even if poorly used.

Been chucked in by GNE. DCC put a contract out to tender.
32 to Fines Park also gone without replacement.
(05 Aug 2021, 6:53 pm)S813 FVK wrote [ -> ]I’ve looked through the list a few times and haven’t been able to find a replacement for the 30 between Lanchester and Quaking Houses. Maybe I’ve missed it, but would be very surprising if this section is withdrawn even if poorly used.
It looks like the 30/31/32 is done with 1 bus instead of 2 as they still have the unbalanced frequency from Quaking Houses!