North East Buses

Full Version: September Service Changes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(10 Aug 2021, 11:52 am)Keeiajs wrote [ -> ]Sorry I was under the impression that all streetlites bar Drifter and Old Saltwell parks one were Euro 5 Sorry.

No need to say sorry. Big Grin
The 71 has had a timetable uploaded from the 6th September..... looks like the exact same one as now.

https://www.gonortheast.co.uk/services/G...2021-09-13&direction=inbound
(10 Aug 2021, 6:16 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]The 71 has had a timetable uploaded from the 6th September..... looks like the exact same one as now.

There need to redo the pdf for service X6 as it’s wrong

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(10 Aug 2021, 6:16 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]The 71 has had a timetable uploaded from the 6th September..... looks like the exact same one as now. 

As pleasing as it is to see the 71 (and its connections) maintained, I genuinely hope DCC haven't stepped in to bail GNE out. 
I'd have also hoped to have seen more promotion of the route and connectivity to the rail network at Seaham - rather than just more of the same.
The 'same' that hasn't worked in the past, isn't likely to start working now.
(10 Aug 2021, 6:38 pm)Andreos1 wrote [ -> ]As pleasing as it is to see the 71 (and its connections) maintained, I genuinely hope DCC haven't stepped in to bail GNE out. 
I'd have also hoped to have seen more promotion of the route and connectivity to the rail network at Seaham - rather than just more of the same.
Yeah something definitely hast to be done with the 71, you could market faster than the train to Chester-Le-Street, or just advertise it. And try and connect the trains with Seaham as you said. You could advertise it will NSA on the 21, or from Durham advertise the connect to Houghton.
(10 Aug 2021, 6:38 pm)Andreos1 wrote [ -> ]As pleasing as it is to see the 71 (and its connections) maintained, I genuinely hope DCC haven't stepped in to bail GNE out. 

If it’s more of pensioners using there free passes then it’s not going to cover the costs of running the bus service with drivers wages and other factors considered

(10 Aug 2021, 6:50 pm)cbma06 wrote [ -> ]If it’s more of pensioners using there free passes then it’s not going to cover the costs of running the bus service with drivers wages and other factors considered

Actually with DCC pensioners passes DDC actually pay full adult fare for the full route afaik.
(10 Aug 2021, 6:52 pm)Keeiajs wrote [ -> ]Actually with DCC pensioners passes DDC actually pay full adult fare for the full route afaik.

That be good , I’m surprised DCC haven’t been bankrupt yet

Just been on the bus coming home,and i have to say,GNE are damned if they do,and damned if they dont,other people on the bus complaining about the 1 being cut from the Metrocentre, complaining about the 41 and Howdon being left out,couldnt be bothered to get involved so i put my headphones in and listened to my music
(10 Aug 2021, 7:24 pm)V514DFT wrote [ -> ]Just been on the bus coming home,and i have to say,GNE are damned if they do,and damned if they dont,other people on the bus complaining about the 1 being cut from the Metrocentre, complaining about the 41 and Howdon being left out,couldnt be bothered to get involved so i put my headphones in and listened to my music
1 connection to the Metro I would have kept if I am honest. Instead of the 97 new connection
(10 Aug 2021, 7:27 pm)Keeiajs wrote [ -> ]1 connection to the Metro I would have kept if I am honest. Instead of the 97 new connection
 if im honest the demand had withered,i dont know if covid impacted it (more than likely did), and no disrespect to GNE, but whos gonna want to go around the houses to get to the Metrocentre from Whitley Bay when you can get off at Gateshead and get the X66 which is quicker
Maybe it would be worth GNE considering a few more new hourly services or hourly service extensions, like they are doing with the X1 to Dalton Park and Peterlee. If people are complaining about the 1 no longer serving The Metrocentre, maybe they could have one bus an hour going there so the link is retained. I understand how GNE's needs to cut costs but maybe they should cut some services frequency to less used places rather than severing the link altogether. Like I mentioned yesterday I can understand the 84 no longer serving Heworth half hourly to a degree, but maybe they should retain an hourly link during the day.

(10 Aug 2021, 11:09 am)Adrian wrote [ -> ]2A only currently serves Brady Square on Sunday daytime, in lieu of the 85/86 only running Concord-Galleries. The secured Sunday evening 85 continues to Brady Square, after the 2A has finished for the day.

Ah yes my mistake, thanks. I think the new set up at Brady Square with the 8 will work much better than the current set up 
(10 Aug 2021, 11:09 am)Adrian wrote [ -> ]2A only currently serves Brady Square on Sunday daytime, in lieu of the 85/86 only running Concord-Galleries. The secured Sunday evening 85 continues to Brady Square, after the 2A has finished for the day.

With the 28 and 71 withdrawals reversed I wonder if we will see the same with the 30 in due course?
(10 Aug 2021, 9:56 pm)peter wrote [ -> ]With the 28 and 71 withdrawals reversed I wonder if we will see the same with the 30 in due course?
Suspect Stanley might get the Stanley - Lanchester service.

If not and Go North East keep it, the 32 might also survive as some quick maths on timings suggests a layover of approximately 20 minutes if the 32 doesn't run.
(10 Aug 2021, 9:56 pm)peter wrote [ -> ]With the 28 and 71 withdrawals reversed I wonder if we will see the same with the 30 in due course?
I have seen some backlash with the 30, however I do think the 32 may have been a vital for some, but the nearest stop is only 400 meters

I must agree, the connections needed maintaining, not just buses from Houghton to Chester and Seaham but also areas such as Seaton, Northlea and Dene House Road in Seaham who would be left without a service. 
And I think it was realistically unfeasible to not have a bus between Chester and Houghton, you’d be left either changing buses somewhere in Bournmoor between the 4 and a 78, hardly ideal. And again Houghton to Seaham would require a change in Hetton, which adds considerable time on the journey, however at least that would be a interchange point though! 
Go North East probably knew the council would want to ensure these connections continued. And it’s a shame that they haven’t promoted the route a bit first before deciding it’s unprofitable, new connections across Houghton and direct links between Seaham and Chester just haven’t been marketed at all. Maybe time to push some of the less high profile routes a bit rather than just “XLINES” or the Angel. Nothing against those services but nice new XLINES buses don’t help the people of Seaham, Seaton and Great Lumley who were facing loosing vital links.
(10 Aug 2021, 10:08 pm)Drifter60 wrote [ -> ]I must agree, the connections needed maintaining, not just buses from Houghton to Chester and Seaham but also areas such as Seaton, Northlea and Dene House Road in Seaham who would be left without a service. 
And I think it was realistically unfeasible to not have a bus between Chester and Houghton, you’d be left either changing buses somewhere in Bournmoor between the 4 and a 78, hardly ideal. And again Houghton to Seaham would require a change in Hetton, which adds considerable time on the journey, however at least that would be a interchange point though! 
Go North East probably knew the council would want to ensure these connections continued. And it’s a shame that they haven’t promoted the route a bit first before deciding it’s unprofitable, new connections across Houghton and direct links between Seaham and Chester just haven’t been marketed at all. Maybe time to push some of the less high profile routes a bit rather than just “XLINES” or the Angel. Nothing against those services but nice new XLINES buses don’t help the people of Seaham, Seaton and Great Lumley who were facing loosing vital links.
Tbh when the 238 was a thing I thought that was relatively busy, tbh I do think from Seaton - Chester-le-street is relatively busy, normally around 5-8 people on which isn't bad. However something needs you to want/have to get the 71, whether that is quick links to Newcastle from Seaham, or Bishop Auckland, Arnison Centre.
Has the public extortion of local councils ceased yet…ahem…I mean are the changes public yet?
(10 Aug 2021, 10:24 pm)Ambassador wrote [ -> ]Has the public extortion of local councils ceased yet…ahem…I mean are the changes public yet?
Well I mean if they can run a service for free......
(10 Aug 2021, 10:06 pm)Keeiajs wrote [ -> ]I have seen some backlash with the 30, however I do think the 32 may have been a vital for some, but the nearest stop is only 400 meters
It's old and disabled people that use the 32 to access Annfield Plain Tesco.

400 m is a long way for them.

(10 Aug 2021, 10:24 pm)Ambassador wrote [ -> ]Has the public extortion of local councils ceased yet…ahem…I mean are the changes public yet?
Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin