North East Buses

Full Version: September Service Changes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(13 Aug 2021, 9:03 am)Michael wrote [ -> ]New 78 timetable confirms the Consett and Castleside only runs will NOT be ran by Coast and Country buses (mainly on a night and Sundays).... I take it this will be a Venture Solo?

Edit:

47/47A also has its own PDF - https://passenger-line-assets.s3.eu-west...e09c47.pdf - own brand?
Makes sense really, that's the way it's been operated with the 16 as things currently stand. Don't need anything bigger than a Solo down there on a night so interwork it with the Vs or the X15.

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk
(14 Aug 2021, 12:33 am)6049 wrote [ -> ]Makes sense really, that's the way it's been operated with the 16 as things currently stand. Don't need anything bigger than a Solo down there on a night so interwork it with the Vs or the X15.

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk
So what buses will the 47 get, anyone know where branding name?
(14 Aug 2021, 10:14 am)Keeiajs wrote [ -> ]So what buses will the 47 get, anyone know where branding name?

Fingers crossed for Corporate livery.
(14 Aug 2021, 11:42 am)ne14ne1 wrote [ -> ]Fingers crossed for Corporate livery.
Nah.
(14 Aug 2021, 10:14 am)Keeiajs wrote [ -> ]So what buses will the 47 get, anyone know where branding name?
I'm hoping derwent rangers makes a comeback, would be a good nod to the old solars on the route.
In regards to the 39, what were loadings like when it ran using MPD's.
(14 Aug 2021, 11:42 am)ne14ne1 wrote [ -> ]Fingers crossed for Corporate livery.

Almost. Red with a sand-coloured rear is what I've seen. Also named "Red Kite Ranger".
(14 Aug 2021, 9:24 pm)ASX_Terranova wrote [ -> ]In regards to the 39, what were loadings like when it ran using MPD's.

Not too dissimilar from the levels of recovery the service is approaching now, when the service now runs with a 15 minute frequency instead of 20 (as it did with the MPDs).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(15 Aug 2021, 5:07 am)Dan wrote [ -> ]Not too dissimilar from the levels of recovery the service is approaching now, when the service now runs with a 15 minute frequency instead of 20 (as it did with the MPDs).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone know if the service changes booklet is available to pick up a copy anywhere or just online?  Haven't seen any on the buses etc.
(15 Aug 2021, 12:36 pm)stagecoachbusdepot wrote [ -> ]Anyone know if the service changes booklet is available to pick up a copy anywhere or just online?  Haven't seen any on the buses etc.

It's been getting put on all buses over the past few days.
(15 Aug 2021, 12:44 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]It's been getting put on all buses over the past few days.
What buses are the X22 using?
(15 Aug 2021, 12:44 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]It's been getting put on all buses over the past few days.

When will rest of the new timetables be uploaded as PDFs?
Will you be condensing the quality of the PDFs in order to reduce the size of the file?

Thanks - hopefully will hit lucky soon.  Shame there's still seemingly no solution to leaflet racks in bus stations - seems Nexus and the other LAs are intent on continuing to discourage travel
Dan said something on Twitter, but I am not sure what buses are going on the X22 and I am confused. https://twitter.com/Dan3942/status/14268...59712?s=20
(15 Aug 2021, 5:09 pm)Keeiajs wrote [ -> ]Dan said something on Twitter, but I am not sure what buses are going on the X22 and I am confused. https://twitter.com/Dan3942/status/14268...59712?s=20

The X22 is getting some refurbed deckers, which ones exactly is still TBA
(15 Aug 2021, 5:10 pm)streetdeckfan wrote [ -> ]The X22 is getting some refurbed deckers, which ones exactly is still TBA
Ah, I recon it is G2's.
(15 Aug 2021, 12:43 am)omnicity4659 wrote [ -> ]Almost. Red with a sand-coloured rear is what I've seen. Also named "Red Kite Ranger".

Another ranger… isn’t the 8/78 becoming “Country Ranger”? I wonder if there’ll be more rangers across Derwentside, similar to SunderlandDistrict.
(15 Aug 2021, 7:25 pm)Drifter60 wrote [ -> ]Another ranger… isn’t the 8/78 becoming “Country Ranger”? I wonder if there’ll be more rangers across Derwentside, similar to SunderlandDistrict.

I've heard there are going to be five sets of ranger-branded buses in total, all in different colours. Collectively, they'll be known as the 'Power Rangers' and they are coming soon to a town near you!!
(15 Aug 2021, 7:25 pm)Drifter60 wrote [ -> ]Another ranger… isn’t the 8/78 becoming “Country Ranger”? I wonder if there’ll be more rangers across Derwentside, similar to SunderlandDistrict.

I've heard some vicious rumours that GNE/Stenning have made their inner circle even bigger and have invited Hanna Barbera in to the friendship group . As a result, any new brand featuring the word 'ranger', has to include reference to Yogi Bear and/or this fella https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ranger_Smith