North East Buses

Full Version: September Service Changes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(30 Jul 2021, 3:40 pm)streetdeckfan wrote [ -> ]So I presume the 47 will lose it's Xlines spec vehicles?
Would of thought so, maybe all 15 B5s will transfer over, 16/16a will only need 8 buses so maybe the remaing can go onto the 47/47a.
(30 Jul 2021, 4:04 pm)Stanleyone wrote [ -> ]Would of thought so, maybe all 15 B5s will transfer over, 16/16a will only need 8 buses so maybe the remaing can go onto the 47/47a.
How will Consett manage the driver changeovers?

I take it will be a Blackhall Mill Circular (allowing running time to be saved)? That should allow the service to only operate with a PVR of 4x.
(30 Jul 2021, 4:11 pm)L469 YVK wrote [ -> ]How will Consett manage the driver changeovers?

I take it will be a Blackhall Mill Circular (allowing running time to be saved)? That should allow the service to only operate with a PVR of 4x.

By doing them at Consett?
(30 Jul 2021, 4:11 pm)L469 YVK wrote [ -> ]How will Consett manage the driver changeovers?

The minibus network is also changing at Consett, we currently have a V9 running to Blackhall Mill. Would it make sense to join the 2 services and create a full route.
(30 Jul 2021, 4:22 pm)Stanleyone wrote [ -> ]The minibus network is also changing at Consett, we currently have a V9 running to Blackhall Mill. Would it make sense to join the 2 services and create a full route.

Would one be correct in presuming that this is where the comments relating to Shotley Bridge hospital mentioned in MGs video yesterday originate from then?
(30 Jul 2021, 4:04 pm)Stanleyone wrote [ -> ]Would of thought so, maybe all 15 B5s will transfer over, 16/16a will only need 8 buses so maybe the remaing can go onto the 47/47a.

The B5’s or only euro5, if the 47/47a goes into Newcastle then there need to be euro6 buses, hence why the B5’s are coming off the coaster to go on a service which doesn’t touch Newcastle, that’s why the coasters are getting streetlites from deptford as there are euro6

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(30 Jul 2021, 4:43 pm)cbma06 wrote [ -> ]The B5’s or only euro5, if the 47/47a goes into Newcastle then there need to be euro6 buses, hence why the B5’s are coming off the coaster to go on a service which doesn’t touch Newcastle, that’s why the coasters are getting streetlites from deptford as there are euro6

Good point, didn't think that.

(30 Jul 2021, 4:40 pm)S813 FVK wrote [ -> ]Would one be correct in presuming that this is where the comments relating to Shotley Bridge hospital mentioned in MGs video yesterday originate from then?
It will be.
(30 Jul 2021, 4:43 pm)cbma06 wrote [ -> ]The B5’s or only euro5, if the 47/47a goes into Newcastle then there need to be euro6 buses, hence why the B5’s are coming off the coaster to go on a service which doesn’t touch Newcastle, that’s why the coasters are getting streetlites from deptford as there are euro6

The rest of the B5s were supposedly getting upgraded to Euro 6 if the trial vehicle was successful, but I'm guessing since they're getting moved to an area that doesn't require Euro 6 that won't be happening

I wonder if the 47 will get the Streetlites back, whenever I've used I haven't seen passenger numbers to justify a decker
(30 Jul 2021, 5:00 pm)streetdeckfan wrote [ -> ]The rest of the B5s were supposedly getting upgraded to Euro 6 if the trial vehicle was successful, but I'm guessing since they're getting moved to an area that doesn't require Euro 6 that won't be happening

I wonder if the 47 will get the Streetlites back, whenever I've used I haven't seen passenger numbers to justify a decker

If you have alook on GNE fleet list you be able to see which buses are euro 6 etc… on the right hand side.

https://images-gonortheast.passenger-web...202021.pdf

(30 Jul 2021, 5:00 pm)streetdeckfan wrote [ -> ]The rest of the B5s were supposedly getting upgraded to Euro 6 if the trial vehicle was successful, but I'm guessing since they're getting moved to an area that doesn't require Euro 6 that won't be happening

It might be the case they woukdnt have enough time to upgrade them to euro 6 before the CAZ is introduced
(30 Jul 2021, 5:07 pm)JP6004 wrote [ -> ]It might be the case they woukdnt have enough time to upgrade them to euro 6 before the CAZ is introduced

Quite possible, or it was cheaper for them to shuffle some buses around than invest what I imagine would be a hefty sum in removing the hybrid system and upgrading to Euro 6
For the 47 could Consett not just buy 9056-61 off ensign, refurb them (USBs, NSAs and retrim the seats), upgrade them to euro 6 (presuming you can do that with an older B9 seeing as they're not much different to the newer ones) and give them a new lick of paint.
(30 Jul 2021, 5:29 pm)GNE6312 wrote [ -> ]For the 47 could Consett not just buy 9056-61 off ensign, refurb them (USBs, NSAs and retrim the seats), upgrade them to euro 6 (presuming you can do that with an older B9 seeing as they're not much different to the newer ones) and give them a new lick of paint.
Only thing to take into account is they have Voith boxes rather than ZF like GNE's existing examples.
(30 Jul 2021, 5:58 pm)L469 YVK wrote [ -> ]Only thing to take into account is they have Voith boxes rather than ZF like GNE's existing examples.
They are nice to drive, much nicer than 6118-6121 when we had them in my opinion.
(29 Jul 2021, 5:14 pm)Kuyoyo wrote [ -> ]Since most other changes have been leaked now, having seen the Washington Briefing:
Little Pinks network is being simplified - the current 81/82/83/84/85/86 are replaced by:
new 82 linking Birtley, Portmeads, Ayton Dunnock Drive, Lambton, Galleries, Sainsburys, Glebe, Washington Village and Barmston Court every 30 minutes - Team Farm and Waterview Park are additionally served Monday to Saturday daytime
new 84 linking Rickleton, Harraton, Ayton, Lambton, Galleries, Sainsburys, Biddick, Barmston Waskerely Road, Barmston Village Centre, Peel and Spout Lane to Concord every 20 minutes - effectively replacing the 81 and parts of the 83/84. Heworth to Concord via Lingley Lane, Follingslby, Usworth and Donwell is withdrawn without replacement
new 85 linking Concord, Oxclose, Galleries and Sainsburys every 20 minutes (interworking with the 84 at Concord) - additionally serving The Drive between Concord and Donwell in place of the current 84
Washington will lose operation of the 5 to Deptford while taking on operation of the 26 from Riverside - the 26 will be extended to Lukes Lane via Hebburn replacing the 9 and reinstating the old 88 service (H1/H2 withdrawn as a result), the 26 will interwork with the 50 in South Shields (5 will interwork with the 9 at Jarrow)
One X1 an hour will be extended from Easington Lane to Peterlee via South Hetton, and one an hour to Dalton Park

Thanks a lot for the info. The changes to the Little Pinks network certainly seems to be an improvement to what we currently have, so that's positive anyway and credit to GNE for that. I would however suggest for them to stick with 84 serving Glebe and Washington Village and the 83 serving Barmston Court to avoid confusion, plus I think some people find those links useful. Then I would have the new 82 serve Teal Farm and Waterview Park via Biddick like the current 37 and I would extend it to Peel Retail Park and then Concord from there so more people have quicker links to the shops there. I don't see why they can't have the 82 serve those places on an evening and Sunday, at least once an hour anyway. I wonder if the 37 will still serve these areas also? I doubt it! Looking at the changes to the 83/4, it looks to me that both will serve Barmston in the same way as they currently do on Evenings and Sundays, serving Waskerley Road then turning back around and going through the Village Centre and vice versa.

If its true that the 777 is being reinstated, I wonder whether they have plans to re-route the 8 as that will mean places like Harraton and Fatfield will have too many buses to Sunderland.
(30 Jul 2021, 7:41 pm)Washingtonian wrote [ -> ]Thanks a lot for the info. The changes to the Little Pinks network certainly seems to be an improvement to what we currently have, so that's positive anyway and credit to GNE for that. I would however suggest for them to stick with 84 serving Glebe and Washington Village and the 83 serving Barmston Court to avoid confusion, plus I think some people find those links useful. Then I would have the new 82 serve Teal Farm and Waterview Park via Biddick like the current 37 and I would extend it to Peel Retail Park and then Concord from there so more people have quicker links to the shops there. I don't see why they can't have the 82 serve those places on an evening and Sunday, at least once an hour anyway. I wonder if the 37 will still serve these areas also? I doubt it! Looking at the changes to the 83/4, it looks to me that both will serve Barmston in the same way as they currently do on Evenings and Sundays, serving Waskerley Road then turning back around and going through the Village Centre and vice versa.

There isn't going to be a 83 in September - it will be an 84 every 20 minutes running the present evening/Sunday 84 route all day.
(30 Jul 2021, 7:47 pm)Kuyoyo wrote [ -> ]There isn't going to be a 83 in September - it will be an 84 every 20 minutes running the present evening/Sunday 84 route all day.

Ah right I see. Thanks
With the 5 and 9 interworking, at a guess, i take it this service will be "Go North East", as the Sunderland District branding would be pointless on the 5.

Wonder if it'll use Omnicities?

How was it before the Omnicities could be took off the 5 and 50 due to the euro 6 upgrade?
(31 Jul 2021, 5:57 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]With the 5 and 9 interworking, at a guess, i take it this service will be "Go North East", as the Sunderland District branding would be pointless on the 5.

Wonder if it'll use Omnicities?

How was it before the Omnicities could be took off the 5 and 50 due to the euro 6 upgrade?

I could be wrong, but I doubt Deptford will get Omnicities. Moving them onto the 26 rather than the 5 I think South Tyneside Council would be fine with as it's still within South Tyneside and covering more of the borough if anything.
(31 Jul 2021, 6:44 pm)deanmachine wrote [ -> ]I could be wrong, but I doubt Deptford will get Omnicities. Moving them onto the 26 rather than the 5 I think South Tyneside Council would be fine with as it's still within South Tyneside and covering more of the borough if anything.
Does anyone have an idea what the interworking patterns might be of the 26/50.
Also, a lot of these september changes are quite ironic considering most of them were recently posted in the Service Suggestions thread.