North East Buses

Full Version: September Service Changes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(03 Sep 2021, 9:04 am)Adrian wrote [ -> ]Seems to be 3 buses tracking as the 65 this morning (and have been all week, looking back), despite the service not starting until 5th September... https://bustimes.org/services/65-seaham-...2021-09-03
Same thing has happened with the 1. Started sometime last week
(03 Sep 2021, 9:04 am)Adrian wrote [ -> ]Seems to be 3 buses tracking as the 65 this morning (and have been all week, looking back), despite the service not starting until 5th September... https://bustimes.org/services/65-seaham-...2021-09-03

Looks like bustimes is getting the numbers mixed up and is showing the 265 as 65 (it's the same registration).
Going to be a busy weekend for fleet movements.
I wonder what branding the 643, 730 and 734 will receive?

Whickham Wanderer? Chester Clipper? Quakies Quaker? Burnhope Bouncer?
What buses will they use on it
(03 Sep 2021, 10:12 am)Storx wrote [ -> ]Looks like bustimes is getting the numbers mixed up and is showing the 265 as 65 (it's the same registration).
Bustimes literally takes whatever Go North East are feeding to BODS.

You can see here that even the GNE app is reporting it, so its very likely what the ticket machine is transmitting...

[Image: 7343de8adadd48813b2cc3b6c66ba02b.jpg]

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
I’m getting confused , on the 38 pdf timetable, top part of timetable saying the 38A goes from docks to tunstall with the 38 doing dock circle, but lower part of the timetable it has the 38 running from tunstall to docks with the 38a doing dock circle, is that right? As I thought the 38 will be doing the full route with the 38A just doing the other circle route around the docks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(03 Sep 2021, 3:16 pm)cbma06 wrote [ -> ]I’m getting confused , on the 38 pdf timetable, top part of timetable saying the 38A goes from docks to tunstall  with the 38 doing dock circle, but lower part of the timetable it has the 38 running from tunstall to docks with the 38a doing dock circle, is that right? As I thought the 38 will be doing the full route with the 38A just doing the other circle route around the docks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Must admit I was confused as to what the 38 is doing and what the difference was to the 38A. The PDF shows the 38A but the main embedded timetable doesn’t show any runs to the docks or any 38A buses.
Just noticed that according the timetable on the Nexus website states that the 83 is being binned but the 83A is being kept,seems a bit odd that the standard service is being withdrawn,but the 'A' variant is being kept
(02 Sep 2021, 9:06 pm)transportintyneandwear wrote [ -> ]They really do, in rush hour sometimes the Versa's get completely full. IMO it would be the best if they brought back the 16 plate Streetdecks onto the 25.
Yes that's a good idea. It should be remembered that the current 25 is essentially two routes combined into one with the old 25/X25 and the old Coaster 1 route. In the past both of those services were normally operated by double deckers.

Sent from my moto g(8) power lite using Tapatalk
(03 Sep 2021, 6:09 pm)V514DFT wrote [ -> ]Just noticed that according the timetable on the Nexus website states that the 83 is being binned but the 83A is being kept,seems a bit odd that the standard service is being withdrawn,but the 'A' variant is being kept

Odd, but not unprecedented.

The Nexus boards for the evening 82/84 doesn't seem to match what is happening during the day at all. Evening 82s are curtailed at Washington Galleries, arriving at xx.11 and xx.41, then appear to go out with an 85 to Concord, which then does an 84 or 84A from Concord to Rickleton.
(03 Sep 2021, 6:09 pm)V514DFT wrote [ -> ]Just noticed that according the timetable on the Nexus website states that the 83 is being binned but the 83A is being kept,seems a bit odd that the standard service is being withdrawn,but the 'A' variant is being kept
83A existed before the 83 came back as a standard service. If I recall, it's a once a day service ran by GCT and pretty much runs an entirely different route.

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk
(03 Sep 2021, 5:31 pm)Drifter60 wrote [ -> ]Must admit I was confused as to what the 38 is doing and what the difference was to the 38A. The PDF shows the 38A but the main embedded timetable doesn’t show any runs to the docks or any 38A buses.
Go to the timetables set a date say 11th sept and it shows 38 doing a dock loop one way to Park Lane and the 38A the other way through to Hollycarrside until 6pm

With the 2A shown via Leechmere until 6pm, so if you want to go to Asda after that... walk
What will be allocated to the 135/136 from Sunday, as its normally allocated the Black Cat Streetlites.
Been out and about today across 10 different buses and 4 different bus stations, but I could barely find anything about the service changes. The only reference was some vague notices about stand reallocations at Gateshead Interchange, which were nothing more than an A4 sheet stuck on the window.

Either I'm massively unlucky, or there's something amiss here? I acknowledge what Dan said earlier about issues at the printers, and completely appreciate these things happen, but these are my observations:

- 'Service Changes' poster appears to be disappearing prematurely
- Only 1 out of 10 buses carrying any sort of timetable (a 21, but it was the Oct 2020 edition!)
- Only 2 out of 10 buses carrying the 'Summer Fares' leaflets
- Service Changes booklets are still as rare as hens teeth

It was alarming to see so many timetable holders completely empty, and in addition to that, I saw more buses carrying 'The Big Bus Conversation' posters than anything else. One bus had nothing in the clip frame, and another had a poster still advising we're in a local lockdown  Confused

Anyhow, I've done a bit of a write-up here. Have a read, if you've got the chance: https://www.busesandbeyond.co.uk/2021/09...s-the-key/
(03 Sep 2021, 8:21 pm)54APhotography wrote [ -> ]Go to the timetables set a date say 11th sept and it shows 38 doing a dock loop one way to Park Lane and the 38A the other way through to Hollycarrside until 6pm

With the 2A shown via Leechmere until 6pm, so if you want to go to Asda after that... walk

A second go at this…
The embedded timetable only shows the docks runs (east of the City centre) when you select “towards Hollycarrside”. Selecting towards “Sunderland Docks” is showing runs between Tunstall Bank and Vine Place only, no further east and no 38A runs. Surely the wrong way round, if anything? But shouldn’t both directions show runs to the Docks consider you could want to travel through the City Centre and back again. 
I now also noticed the PDF and embedded timetable differ on the route number, the former suggests that its the 38A that run to Tunstall Bank but the return journey into Sunderland/Docks is just the 38. The embedded timetable has all the shorts (City centre to Docks) as 38A and all runs to Tunstall Bank as 38. 
I don’t live on this route, but it seems very confusing to me.

What number bus do I need? Can I go from Hollycarrside direct to the docks? I’m not sure I could answer either confidently…
(03 Sep 2021, 11:24 pm)Adrian wrote [ -> ]Been out and about today across 10 different buses and 4 different bus stations, but I could barely find anything about the service changes. The only reference was some vague notices about stand reallocations at Gateshead Interchange, which were nothing more than an A4 sheet stuck on the window.

Either I'm massively unlucky, or there's something amiss here? I acknowledge what Dan said earlier about issues at the printers, and completely appreciate these things happen, but these are my observations:

- 'Service Changes' poster appears to be disappearing prematurely
- Only 1 out of 10 buses carrying any sort of timetable (a 21, but it was the Oct 2020 edition!)
- Only 2 out of 10 buses carrying the 'Summer Fares' leaflets
- Service Changes booklets are still as rare as hens teeth

It was alarming to see so many timetable holders completely empty, and in addition to that, I saw more buses carrying 'The Big Bus Conversation' posters than anything else. One bus had nothing in the clip frame, and another had a poster still advising we're in a local lockdown  Confused

Anyhow, I've done a bit of a write-up here. Have a read, if you've got the chance: https://www.busesandbeyond.co.uk/2021/09...s-the-key/

I will take a read of your link when it’s a more socialable hour (writing this at 1:30am!) but I do agree about communicating changes still needs improving. I can appreciate the four week notice the GNE website gave, which I think is a fair amount of time, providing that its backed up with other formats, printed leaflets/posters and bus station/stop information. I realise that bus stops maybe outside the bus company’s control but I do think all bus stations and interchanges, and main town/villages bus stops should have details on this, for better or worse. Bus companies working with local authorities to achieve this etc. It’s a two street too, promote the improvements, the new 65/new X72/new links on the 47/later evening and Sunday buses on the 8 etc. As well as the ones they’re cancelling of course! 

I understand the printing issues, staffing issues etc but it seems bad planning has to be blamed in part. With a few exceptions - the 71/28 and introduction of 730,734 and 643 - the timetables for the rest were finalised weeks ago. Could they not have been printed weeks ago? Perhaps extra suppliers are needed for major changes such as this. Or perhaps changing services just after summer, a summer when people have taken arguably more annual leave (having been in lockdown and the need for a break) and on the back of the “pingdemic”, maybe changes could have been planned a few weeks into September?
I think Seaham is going to be a change over point, for the 62 & 65.  Mon-Sat. Not sure about a Sunday.
(04 Sep 2021, 12:30 am)Drifter60 wrote [ -> ]A second go at this…
The embedded timetable only shows the docks runs (east of the City centre) when you select “towards Hollycarrside”. Selecting towards “Sunderland Docks” is showing runs between Tunstall Bank and Vine Place only, no further east and no 38A runs. Surely the wrong way round, if anything? But shouldn’t both directions show runs to the Docks consider you could want to travel through the City Centre and back again. 
I now also noticed the PDF and embedded timetable differ on the route number, the former suggests that its the 38A that run to Tunstall Bank but the return journey into Sunderland/Docks is just the 38. The embedded timetable has all the shorts (City centre to Docks) as 38A and all runs to Tunstall Bank as 38. 
I don’t live on this route, but it seems very confusing to me.

What number bus do I need? Can I go from Hollycarrside direct to the docks? I’m not sure I could answer either confidently…

The timetables have been uploaded to confuse... I selected the dates of the 11th & 13th September, then selected to the docks you get an hourly from Tunstall Bank to Vine Place, select to Hollycarrside and up pop the 38 and 38A.

The 38 arrives Vine Place at xx56, then goes forward to the Docks and back to Tunstall Bank at xx00

The 38A on the timetable shows Vine Place at xx30 to the docks and returning to the Interchange at xx49

No matter how you look at it the service to Asda is much poorer.

The 38C appears ex Interchange at 1910/2010/2110/2210/2310 and returning from Tunstall at 1935/20/35/2135/2235
(04 Sep 2021, 8:44 am)54APhotography wrote [ -> ]The timetables have been uploaded to confuse... I selected the dates of the 11th & 13th September, then selected to the docks you get an hourly from Tunstall Bank to Vine Place, select to Hollycarrside and up pop the 38 and 38A.

The 38 arrives Vine Place at xx56, then goes forward to the Docks and back to Tunstall Bank at xx00

The 38A on the timetable shows Vine Place at xx30 to the docks and returning to the Interchange at xx49

No matter how you look at it the service to Asda is much poorer.

The 38C appears ex Interchange at 1910/2010/2110/2210/2310 and returning from Tunstall at 1935/20/35/2135/2235
could it not be worth, sending the 2A or 2 & 39 or 39A up passed Holymere & Asda, through to Sunderland...I'd imagine it would be around 2-3 mins extra for the 2..