North East Buses

Full Version: September Service Changes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(28 Jul 2021, 7:13 pm)Stanleyone wrote [ -> ]Sure the changes will be announced soon enough. Internal memo went out today and all I can say is there's lots of changes (Consett depot), some good and some not so good.
I know you can't give a straight answer but will the changes mean that the X30 will "officially" become a bike friendly route? ?
(28 Jul 2021, 7:27 pm)Train8261 wrote [ -> ]Doubt anything will be done to Percy Main depot. Unless they move the H2 there and the change that meant to be happing to the 1A/1B
You dont half talk some utter guff,see your obsession has started with the Coaster
I wonder if there'll be any changes to the X21. It's likely that they'll bring back the Newcastle-Durham shorts as things return to normal, but I do wonder if they'll pull the West Auckland extension. It seems to have decent loadings but nowhere near what the Arriva 6 gets.

Similarly, I think there's a good chance the 21 extension to Brandon might be back on the cards
(28 Jul 2021, 8:00 pm)L469 YVK wrote [ -> ]I know you can't give a straight answer but will the changes mean that the X30 will "officially" become a bike friendly route? ?
It's possible but it depends on the interworking patterns, X30 and X31/X70 are all changing.
The 97 will be extended to serve Asda and the route amended.
M6, M7 and M8 cancelled with the 6 route being amended and also a new x72 service being introduced
There will be a new 41a service to go around holy cross first then to howdon
53/54 will be going via quayside
q1/q2 changed to 51/52
(28 Jul 2021, 8:17 pm)fexib45 wrote [ -> ]The 97 will be extended to serve Asda and the route amended.
M6, M7 and M8 cancelled with the 6 route being amended and also a new x72 service being introduced
q1/q2 changed to 51/52

51/52 still going to Newcastle?
(28 Jul 2021, 8:23 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]51/52 still going to Newcastle?

Yes via high level bridge for 51 and tyne for 52
(28 Jul 2021, 8:17 pm)fexib45 wrote [ -> ]The 97 will be extended to serve Asda and the route amended.
q1/q2 changed to 51/52

Will it just serve ASDA or will it go through IKEA?
(28 Jul 2021, 8:25 pm)streetdeckfan wrote [ -> ]Will it just serve ASDA or will it go through IKEA?

Just Asda to replace the 1a/b which as previously mentioned will terminate at gateshead, it will no longer serve the bit between Metrocentre and eldon square via teams

Will also be a new 96 between gateshead and metrocentre replacing the route the 1a did
q1/q2 changed to 51/52

Thanks for sharing.

A driver on the 41 told me that from Wallsend to Howdon 41A would be hourly, with the other being an hourly 41 travelling in the other direction, and he couldn't see that going down well with passengers (confusion, uneven frequency patterns of service etc.). Is that true?
Nice to see a thrown back to the old 51/52
(28 Jul 2021, 8:28 pm)fexib45 wrote [ -> ]Just Asda to replace the 1a/b which as previously mentioned will terminate at gateshead, it will no longer serve the bit between Metrocentre and eldon square via teams

Will also be a new 96 between gateshead and metrocentre replacing the route the 1a did

So will there be a service replacing the 1A/B between Gateshead and Metrocentre?
I used to use it frequently to get to Dunston as it meant less walking!
(28 Jul 2021, 8:34 pm)streetdeckfan wrote [ -> ]So will there be a service replacing the 1A/B between Gateshead and Metrocentre?
I used to use it frequently to get to Dunston as it meant less walking!

"Will also be a new 96 between gateshead and metrocentre replacing the route the 1a did"

Wonder if this 96 is going anywhere else other than between those 2 locations.
(28 Jul 2021, 8:36 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]"Will also be a new 96 between gateshead and metrocentre replacing the route the 1a did"

Wonder if this is going anywhere else other than between those 2 locations.

That wasn't there when I responded! 

Wonder what they'll run on it
(28 Jul 2021, 8:30 pm)Thomas12 wrote [ -> ]Thanks for sharing.

A driver on the 41 told me that from Wallsend to Howdon 41A would be hourly, with the other being an hourly 41 travelling in the other direction, and he couldn't see that going down well with passengers (confusion, uneven frequency patterns of service etc.). Is that true?
41A,so basically the old 40,why not just number it 40
(28 Jul 2021, 8:38 pm)streetdeckfan wrote [ -> ]That wasn't there when I responded

Tongue

If its only between those 2 areas, which seems daft when you have the X66, it'll be out as it doesn't need to be euro 6
(28 Jul 2021, 8:38 pm)streetdeckfan wrote [ -> ]That wasn't there when I responded! 

Possible OmniCity or Citaros
The 96 will interwork with the 97 so presumably it will be the E200
(28 Jul 2021, 8:44 pm)fexib45 wrote [ -> ]The 96 will interwork with the 97 so presumably it will be the E200
Confused on how that would work?
(28 Jul 2021, 8:44 pm)fexib45 wrote [ -> ]The 96 will interwork with the 97 so presumably it will be the E200

Does that not mean a reduction in service for the 97?