North East Buses

Full Version: September Service Changes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(09 Aug 2021, 6:18 pm)Adrian wrote [ -> ]I had thought that, but it's timetabled twice within 3 minutes of each other. Unless that is an arrival/departure at the same stop, which would be fine, as long as it looped the ring-road on the outbound journey from the Galleries, meaning it can serve the NW bound stop inbound to the Galleries, thus avoiding confusion from the daytime service.
According to GNE website, its still serving the top of tichfield road in both directions. So it can't be looped round parkway.
(09 Aug 2021, 6:10 pm)Drifter60 wrote [ -> ]Not sure where to put this but it seems like the 60 & 9 will interwork on evenings. But isn’t the 9 already interworking with the 5 out of Jarrow? That’s going to be a long evening cycle.
The 5 will probably be independent on evenings and sundays as it currently is with driver changeovers at fellgate and only interwork with the 9 monday to friday daytimes
(09 Aug 2021, 8:08 pm)N1cholas wrote [ -> ]The 5 will probably be independent on evenings and sundays as it currently is with driver changeovers at fellgate and only interwork with the 9 monday to friday daytimes
Unless the 5 with interwork with the 20 on evenings
According to Google Maps, it looks like the 2a is going to Brady Square.
(09 Aug 2021, 8:59 pm)Rapidsnap wrote [ -> ]According to Google Maps, it looks like the 2a is going to Brady Square.

2A currently serves Brady Square on evenings and Sundays but is being replaced by the 8 from next month.
Will Seaham become a driver change over point with the 62 or 60, because of the 65.
(09 Aug 2021, 9:13 pm)Washingtonian wrote [ -> ]2A currently serves Brady Square on evenings and Sundays but is being replaced by the 8 from next month.

2A only currently serves Brady Square on Sunday daytime, in lieu of the 85/86 only running Concord-Galleries. The secured Sunday evening 85 continues to Brady Square, after the 2A has finished for the day.
(10 Aug 2021, 10:51 am)Keeiajs wrote [ -> ]Will Seaham become a driver change over point with the 62 or 60

why would it?
(10 Aug 2021, 11:10 am)Thomas12 wrote [ -> ]why would it?
Sorry, I forgot to save my edit, because of the 65 has if it is operated by Peterlee/Deptford there is no change over point for drivers expect Dalton park (which doesn't really have the room), So the 65 drivers would have to swtich over somewhere so would that be, Hetton, Seaham or Durham. Depending on what depot runs the 65
(09 Aug 2021, 8:08 pm)N1cholas wrote [ -> ]The 5 will probably be independent on evenings and sundays as it currently is with driver changeovers at fellgate and only interwork with the 9 monday to friday daytimes
Not sure why Deptford would send a driver up to Fellgate for a changeover. Adding extra dead mileage and running costs in for no real reason imo. All changeovers I'd assume will happen at Park Lane. If it does interwork with the 60, then I'd guess you might have a driver doing 60, 60, 9 and then last 5 to Shields? If the 9 is half hourly on a night where the 5 is hourly, you might get the "short" 9s just doing Jarrow and back which interwork with the 60.

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk
(10 Aug 2021, 11:16 am)6049 wrote [ -> ]Not sure why Deptford would send a driver up to Fellgate for a changeover. Adding extra dead mileage and running costs in for no real reason imo. All changeovers I'd assume will happen at Park Lane. If it does interwork with the 60, then I'd guess you might have a driver doing 60, 60, 9 and then last 5 to Shields? If the 9 is half hourly on a night where the 5 is hourly, you might get the "short" 9s just doing Jarrow and back which interwork with the 60.

Just interwork @ South Shields with the 20 & get the 9 & 60 to interwork.
(09 Aug 2021, 12:40 pm)BusLoverMum wrote [ -> ]It was constant chaos having the X1 and the 4 (plus the 8, in one direction) all running from the same stand.

The 8 seems to be getting changed to run off Stand B along with the 2/2A.

Agreed that stand A can get a bit busy with the 4, 8 and X1; but at least it's designed to operate two buses at once. Stand C is going to stack buses and block the bus station if there's issues on either the 4 and X1.

(10 Aug 2021, 11:17 am)Keeiajs wrote [ -> ]Just interwork @ South Shields with the 20 & get the 9 & 60 to interwork.
Doubt they'll do that either tbh, the official line so far as mentioned by someone way back is that it will interwork with the 9. Corporate branded on both 9 and 5. Are the Prince Bishop Streetlites Euro 6?

(10 Aug 2021, 11:19 am)6049 wrote [ -> ]The 8 seems to be getting changed to run off Stand B along with the 2/2A.

Agreed that stand A can get a bit busy with the 4, 8 and X1; but at least it's designed to operate two buses at once. Stand C is going to stack buses and block the bus station if there's issues on either the 4 and X1.

Doubt they'll do that either tbh, the official line so far as mentioned by someone way back is that it will interwork with the 9. Corporate branded on both 9 and 5. Are the Prince Bishop Streetlites Euro 6?

I believe the Prince Bishop Streetlites are Euro 6.

It seems the 65 will be operated by Peterlee as the first 62 service from Peterlee with finish @ Seaham at 07:20 and will change to the 65 from Seaham.
Looks to me, at least through the late evening weekday service that the xx:35 9 off Sunderland will turn into the xx:23 5 at Jarrow. The xx:05 9 off Sunderland must be just there and back as it seems to be in at xx:39 and out at xx:44.

The xx:18 5 off Shields will turn into the xx:19 9 off Jarrow if I'm right.

(10 Aug 2021, 11:22 am)Keeiajs wrote [ -> ]I believe the Prince Bishop Streetlites are Euro 6.

It seems the 65 will be operated by Peterlee as the first 62 service from Peterlee with finish @ Seaham at 07:20 and will change to the 65 from Seaham.

The Prince Bishop Streetlites are Euro 5.
(10 Aug 2021, 11:42 am)Michael wrote [ -> ]The Prince Bishop Streetlites are Euro 5.
Sorry I was under the impression that all streetlites bar Drifter and Old Saltwell parks one were Euro 5 Sorry.
(10 Aug 2021, 11:52 am)Keeiajs wrote [ -> ]Sorry I was under the impression that all streetlites bar Drifter and Old Saltwell parks one were Euro 5 Sorry.

If you look on the GNE fleet list it will tell you which vehicles are euro 6 etc….

https://images-gonortheast.passenger-web...202021.pdf

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(10 Aug 2021, 11:52 am)Keeiajs wrote [ -> ]Sorry I was under the impression that all streetlites bar Drifter and Old Saltwell parks one were Euro 5 Sorry.
I believe the Cummins ones (Drifter ones, 5391-5441 & 8339-8346) are all euro 5 and the damiler ones (all 66/17 reg examples & 9062) are all euro 6
(10 Aug 2021, 12:23 pm)GNE6312 wrote [ -> ]I believe the Cummins ones (Drifter ones, 5391-5441 & 8339-8346) are all euro 5 and the damiler ones (all 66/17 reg examples & 9062) are all euro 6

I believe 5420-5441 are Daimler engined but still Euro 5
(10 Aug 2021, 12:36 pm)streetdeckfan wrote [ -> ]I believe 5420-5441 are Daimler engined but still Euro 5

No, they’re still Cummins-engined.

5438 and 5439 were actually planned to be prototype examples of the Daimler Euro 6 engine but it never happened.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk