North East Buses

Full Version: September Service Changes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(05 Aug 2021, 9:59 pm)ASX_Terranova wrote [ -> ]On the 85, 19 mins layover at concord seems a bit much and I don't 3 mins at The Galleries is long enough, unless a future extension is planned at the concord end.

The 85 will interwork with the 84 at Concord and vice versa.
Not sure how the x1 is going to have a 15 min layover @ Dalton park, it will be so busy.
(05 Aug 2021, 10:00 pm)Keeiajs wrote [ -> ]Tbh, I wish the 56/57/58/27 went to eldon square I think they could possible get more passengers
The size of Eldon Square would stop this, it already needs extra stands as it is.
(05 Aug 2021, 10:03 pm)ASX_Terranova wrote [ -> ]The size of Eldon Square would stop this, it already needs extra stands as it is.
Yeah I know, it would just be nice to have especially the 56 & 27
(05 Aug 2021, 10:04 pm)Keeiajs wrote [ -> ]Yeah I know, it would just be nice to have especially the 56 & 27
The X1 layover at DP is only 6 mins btw (Arr 45, Dep 51)
Also noticed, GNE looks to of uploaded it school services for the new school term.... which is quite alot.
(05 Aug 2021, 10:05 pm)ASX_Terranova wrote [ -> ]The X1 layover at DP is only 6 mins btw (Arr 45, Dep 51)
It departs at 01, unless I was reading the wrong thing, arrives @ 45 leaves at 01. Dalton park needs to be bigger
(05 Aug 2021, 9:39 pm)DeltaMan wrote [ -> ]I can see why folk from Pelton are going to be annoyed by the 28 changes as the bus will terminating on the other side of the busy junctions. 

I cannot see how GNE can serve Pelton on the 28 with the new timetable they've got without an extra bus or unless they sack off Kibblesworth on the 28A to create more time in the cycle. Tough choices.

Yeah agreed, maybe try and do something with the 34 instead though, 3 buses an hour always seems overkill anyway tbh not sure how hard it would be to get a bus off there and then use that bus to extend maybe one of them beyond Ouston and the other 28 around the Urpeth Grange loop giving them a bus to Newcastle, they'd probably appreciate it more than 3 buses to CLS anyway tbh.

(05 Aug 2021, 9:41 pm)transportintyneandwear wrote [ -> ]What I am annoyed about is that the 28/28A/28B will no longer serve Beamish, so I'd have to go to Gateshead and get on the B1 whenever i next go there. If the 28 still served Beamish, I could just take a 5 minute walk up to Wrekenton and get the 28 from there. And then why are they terminating it at Ouston? It is a pointless service now, there is no need for a direct service to Newcastle/Gateshead from Ouston.

I don't get the point of the B1 personally, the 28/28A is clearly struggling you've got a flow of passengers who could use it to top it up like you tbh but they duplicate it instead and all of a sudden it's not profitable. I might be naive but it's a bit illogical.
(05 Aug 2021, 10:06 pm)Keeiajs wrote [ -> ]It departs at 01, unless I was reading the wrong thing, arrives @ 45 leaves at 01. Dalton park needs to be bigger
Only on a sunday though, its 51 every other day.
The X1 will have it's own dedicated layover spot away from the bus stop so wont be in the way of other buses
(05 Aug 2021, 9:19 pm)Keeiajs wrote [ -> ]Tbh, I think 33, 38 etc need there own branding.

Hopefully they will otherwise the Sunderland District weirdness makes even less sense…buses going outside of Sunderland District to County Durham are branded SD but those operating totally within the City being corporate liveried and not part of the Sunderland brand would seem to defeat the object of having SD as an umbrealla for the Sunderland routes.  Sadly the 33 timetable links to the Newcastle 33 and the 38 hasn’t been updated either so can’t yet tell if they will indeed just be corporate livery.  Not sure having a mix of SD brands, corporate livery and other branded but not SD liveries really does anything other than look a bit of a confusing mess.
(05 Aug 2021, 10:03 pm)ASX_Terranova wrote [ -> ]The size of Eldon Square would stop this, it already needs extra stands as it is.

Ideally there would be a bus station somewhere in the Market Street area so passengers waiting for the 56/57/58 have better conditions, and also so the X1/21/X21 etc wouldn't have to cross the entire city centre to get to Eldon Square. GNE would be able to trim 1 bus from the PVR for all those services
(05 Aug 2021, 10:24 pm)Wybus wrote [ -> ]Ideally there would be a bus station somewhere in the Market Street area so passengers waiting for the 56/57/58 have better conditions, and also so the X1/21/X21 etc wouldn't have to cross the entire city centre to get to Eldon Square. GNE would be able to trim 1 bus from the PVR for all those services
I would also like to see buses serve Central Station, rather than having to walk from Eldon, Market St, John Dobson St, Etc.....
(05 Aug 2021, 10:05 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]Also noticed, GNE looks to of uploaded it school services for the new school term.... which is quite alot.
Yea they have
Service 30 being axed at Lanchester is going to cause ructions, unless someone picks it up.

The last time the service was withdrawn and replaced with the 'M' route it was a disaster!

When I first moved over this way from Newcastle I could hop on the X30/X31 to Newcastle within 50minutes, shows how things have changed the last 7 years

The major Stanley changes a few years back was the reason I learnt to drive!

The 'M' routes being withdrawn is a little bizarre, the past couple of times I've seen them they've been pretty busy.
(05 Aug 2021, 10:24 pm)Wybus wrote [ -> ]Ideally there would be a bus station somewhere in the Market Street area so passengers waiting for the 56/57/58 have better conditions, and also so the X1/21/X21 etc wouldn't have to cross the entire city centre to get to Eldon Square. GNE would be able to trim 1 bus from the PVR for all those services

Agreed with this, I'd say do it on where the Dex car park is though on Pilgrim Street and get all the Stagecoach, Megabus and move the awful National Express services into it aswell. Then finally Blackett Street can be shut with all the Stagecoach either going via Market Street / Newgate Street or John Dobson Street / Percy Street.

Then the bus stations would be Eldon Square (South of the Tyne via Central Station, North via Cowgate, Hexham via West Road), Haymarket (North via Blue House Roundabout / Coast Road), Dex (South via High Level Bridge, Stagecoach Cross City Routes, National Buses). Be much better than having buses travelling allover Newcastle to reach bus stations at the wrong end of town.
(05 Aug 2021, 7:09 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]65 getting its own unique brand and bigger buses. - Versa?

---------

X22 (Durham – Chester-le-Street – Metrocentre)
We will introduce some newer double-deck buses on this service in dedicated route branding, offering better features such as high-backed comfortable seating and free Wi-Fi. Aligned to this, there will be some minor timetable changes.

Wonder which deckers will get done?
-------------
Only needs the one.
(05 Aug 2021, 11:46 pm)BusLoverMum wrote [ -> ]Only needs the one.
X22 requires two double deckers Mon-Sat.
(05 Aug 2021, 8:48 pm)JP6004 wrote [ -> ]No no no no no, theres a reason the Prince Bishops was purple. Now going nipple pink Dodgy
Yeah, a change from the purple helmet....

(05 Aug 2021, 11:54 pm)Jimmi wrote [ -> ]X22 requires two double deckers Mon-Sat.
Doh! Of course!
(05 Aug 2021, 11:55 pm)BusLoverMum wrote [ -> ]Yeah, a change from the purple helmet....

We all know you cant beat a purple helmet  Tongue