North East Buses

Full Version: September Service Changes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
There’s still a few PDF timetables not uploaded for the September changes, I’ve noticed. Strange that some were uploaded the day changes were announced and others still aren’t weeks later.
(27 Jul 2021, 11:08 pm)streetdeckfan wrote [ -> ]I vaguely remember seeing either Dan or MG on Twitter saying there were no plans to serve IKEA/Metrocentre car parks again due to low usage. 

Maybe things have changed?

This is indicative of what the usage is beyond the Metrocentre...

6061 NK62CJE | Volvo B5LH/Wright Eclipse Gemini III 6061 tra… | Flickr

E
very single image I've taken of the 1 after the Metrocentre stop they were all empty..
GNE gets slaughted on twitter everytime they post about Sept 5th. Quite a lot of people are having to use 2-3 buses from the 1 they are using now. Which makes the journey more expensive. Disappointing. Especially that there are no links to Consett from Gateshead.
There were a few people complaining around Tynemouth about the 1 finishing at Gateshead. There was even a woman talking to me about it on the bus and she said she needs the 1A to get to the Metrocentre even though she lives all the way in Whitley Bay.

I said its a pain but there are way quicker links to Metrocentre than the one route. There's the metro to Newcastle or bus to Newcastle then change.

I feel like some are just complaining for the fun of it. The fact that article the other day. The Labour MP put a quote saying

"There hasn't been given enough time for these changes "

I'm sorry but how is 4 weeks not long enough. Think of Stagecoach or Arriva. Stagecoach tweet it more than enough about 2 weeks before and Arriva. Well it's whenever they can put it up.

But tbh I haven't seen this many mentions of timetable changes since Stagecoach made some back in 2015 and that went into the chronicle mear hours after the announcement was put up
(20 Aug 2021, 11:10 pm)Train8261 wrote [ -> ]There were a few people complaining around Tynemouth about the 1 finishing at Gateshead. There was even a woman talking to me about it on the bus and she said she needs the 1A to get to the Metrocentre even though she lives all the way in Whitley Bay.

I said its a pain but there are way quicker links to Metrocentre than the one route. There's the metro to Newcastle or bus to Newcastle then change.

I feel like some are just complaining for the fun of it. The fact that article the other day. The Labour MP put a quote saying

I'm sorry but how is 4 weeks not long enough. Think of Stagecoach or Arriva. Stagecoach tweet it more than enough about 2 weeks before and Arriva. Well it's whenever they can put it up.

But tbh I haven't seen this many mentions of timetable changes since Stagecoach made some back in 2015 and that went into the chronicle mear hours after the announcement was put up
But even changing at gateshead for X66 would be quicker than the 1 all the to the metro
(20 Aug 2021, 10:55 pm)Keeiajs wrote [ -> ]GNE gets slaughted on twitter everytime they post about Sept 5th. Quite a lot of people are having to use 2-3 buses from the 1 they are using now. Which makes the journey more expensive. Disappointing. Especially that there are no links to Consett from Gateshead.

X70/X71 are still serving gateshead from 5th of september
(20 Aug 2021, 11:21 pm)JP6004 wrote [ -> ]But even changing at gateshead for X66 would be quicker than the 1 all the to the metro

Exactly, I only ever used to use the 1A for convenience since it was just one bus to the beach!
(20 Aug 2021, 11:10 pm)Train8261 wrote [ -> ]There were a few people complaining around Tynemouth about the 1 finishing at Gateshead. There was even a woman talking to me about it on the bus and she said she needs the 1A to get to the Metrocentre even though she lives all the way in Whitley Bay.

And that was the exact reason why the old 301 was curtailed  in Gateshead back in 2005!

If the woman needed to get to the MetroCentre from Whitley Bay, the 309 then Tyne Valley Ten or X45/X46 would be quicker for starters.

GNE IMO should paint 6100 into a promotional livery showing some of the places passengers can connect to in Newcastle.
I think if Go North East wanted to make people more happy around that area (Whitley Bay and Tynemouth) then a quick express link in that area to the Metrocentre might benefit some of them
(21 Aug 2021, 10:47 am)Train8261 wrote [ -> ]I think if Go North East wanted to make people more happy around that area (Whitley Bay and Tynemouth) then a quick express link in that area to the Metrocentre might benefit some of them

Most, if not all, things at the MetroCentre are at the Silverlink and Newcastle combined. Not really any need for an express link.
Has anyone spotted these information booklets anywhere yet? I've not seen them on any of the 13 buses I've used so far this week (including first runs of service), but maybe I'm just unlucky.[Image: c7b534c9e539fa2d655832b2679d09f6.jpg]

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
(21 Aug 2021, 11:59 am)Adrian wrote [ -> ]Has anyone spotted these information booklets anywhere yet? I've not seen them on any of the 13 buses I've used so far this week (including first runs of service), but maybe I'm just unlucky.[Image: c7b534c9e539fa2d655832b2679d09f6.jpg]

8803 had 3 or 4 onboard on Thursday
Go North East already tried a weekend express service to the Metrocentre from North Tyneside in 2008. Numbered the X67, it wasn't a success. It was the Coaster route to Byker, then it went along the Quayside and Centrelink to reach the Metrocentre. It was operated by Route 19 branded Scania L94UB / Wright Solars that were spare at the weekend since at the time the PVR of the R19 was 2 vehicles, so 4 of them were spare.
Sunderland Connect going back to its Uni timetable from the 13th September 2021 - means it will no longer serve Roker Seafront and no longer runs on a Sunday.

701 returning on a night too.
(21 Aug 2021, 11:59 am)Adrian wrote [ -> ]Has anyone spotted these information booklets anywhere yet? I've not seen them on any of the 13 buses I've used so far this week (including first runs of service), but maybe I'm just unlucky.

Despite all the gumph about printed literature, every bus I've used only has those summer fares ice cream leaflets on.  All well and good printing glossy brochures and new timetables but then making them unavailable at stations or on buses is a fail IMO.  Realise Nexus are continuing on their mission to actively discourage public transport use at every opportunity but if GNE wanted to make their material available there are other opportunities e.g. bus stations GNE have space at (and operate?) such as Washington, partnerships with nearby shops to stock leaflets (Stagecoach do or at least did this very well in Newcastle), and probably many others.  Instead we just get the tired old "we can't be arsed, look online".
(21 Aug 2021, 1:34 pm)stagecoachbusdepot wrote [ -> ]Despite all the gumph about printed literature, every bus I've used only has those summer fares ice cream leaflets on.  All well and good printing glossy brochures and new timetables but then making them unavailable at stations or on buses is a fail IMO.  Realise Nexus are continuing on their mission to actively discourage public transport use at every opportunity but if GNE wanted to make their material available there are other opportunities e.g. bus stations GNE have space at (and operate?) such as Washington, partnerships with nearby shops to stock leaflets (Stagecoach do or at least did this very well in Newcastle), and probably many others.  Instead we just get the tired old "we can't be arsed, look online".
I've still not found any today. Even popped over to the Metrocentre, as I knew they still have paper timetables out, but nah... only regular service timetables there.

It's a bit different changing a bus timetable by a few minutes and totally wiping out whole bus routes. Arriva haven't changed their routes bar minor changes in nearly a decade.

4 weeks imo is way too short notice especially if you bus has suddenly just gone (Peterlee to Durham, Annfield Plain to Metro Centre etc). Can't comment on other areas but it's the same for Stagecoach in Newcastle.
The labour mp was saying places in Durham. Which half of them didn't seem to bad

4 weeks is better than putting it out a week before they happen which has happened in the past
(21 Aug 2021, 3:53 pm)Storx wrote [ -> ]It's a bit different changing a bus timetable by a few minutes and totally wiping out whole bus routes. Arriva haven't changed their routes bar minor changes in nearly a decade.

4 weeks imo is way too short notice especially if you bus has suddenly just gone (Peterlee to Durham, Annfield Plain to Metro Centre etc). Can't comment on other areas but it's the same for Stagecoach in Newcastle.

Unsure of that, when did they carve up the 356 and can you still get from Backworth to North Shields?

I would suggest that 28 days is quite a long time to plan your new route if you need to.
(21 Aug 2021, 5:10 pm)citaro5284 wrote [ -> ]Unsure of that, when did they carve up the 356 and can you still get from Backworth to North Shields?

I would suggest that 28 days is quite a long time to plan your new route if you need to.
2010,the 356 became the 56,then that was replaced by the X6/X6A,that was then pulled altogether and became the current 54,Backworth to North Shields you have to change bus,54 then the 53,or if your able to,walk and catch the 53,the 54 is a funny one,its the old 356 to New York,then the old 343/344 to Whitley Bay,the only part of the 355 that suvives is the 51 from Benton ASDA