North East Buses

Full Version: September Service Changes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(04 Sep 2021, 9:04 am)Keeiajs wrote [ -> ]could it not be worth, sending the 2A or 2 & 39 or 39A up passed Holymere & Asda, through to Sunderland...I'd imagine it would be around 2-3 mins extra for the 2..

The 2A is via Asda from Monday during the day, last bus around 6pm . Then the 2A only exists around Washington Galleries as a local run
What buses are going to the Sunderland District Silver & Blonde?
(04 Sep 2021, 10:35 am)Keeiajs wrote [ -> ]What buses are going to the Sunderland District Silver & Blonde?
From the pic shared  on twitter. Solo sr
(04 Sep 2021, 10:40 am)Train8261 wrote [ -> ]From the pic shared  on twitter. Solo sr
I meant fleet number.
At a guess some of the ex Indigo Solos from Peterlee that will be displaced by the service changes.
Who operating the 2A Services on a evening? Around washington

(04 Sep 2021, 9:07 am)54APhotography wrote [ -> ]The 2A is via Asda from Monday during the day, last bus around 6pm . Then the 2A only exists around Washington Galleries as a local run
Surely, they could not put the 2 that way on the service which terminates at Sunderland on a evening.
(04 Sep 2021, 12:01 pm)Keeiajs wrote [ -> ]Who operating the 2A Services on a evening? Around washington

Surely, they could not put the 2 that way on the service which terminates at Sunderland on a evening.

It looks like it'll just run off the 2, which used to have about 7-8 minutes standing time at the Galleries. Doesn't take more than 5 minutes to do Biddick and back, depending where they're turning the bus around.
(04 Sep 2021, 12:08 pm)Adrian wrote [ -> ]It looks like it'll just run off the 2, which used to have about 7-8 minutes standing time at the Galleries. Doesn't take more than 5 minutes to do Biddick and back, depending where they're turning the bus around.
The bus it is replacing (85 I think) took 9 mins each way so it must be cutting off some places.
(04 Sep 2021, 12:14 pm)Keeiajs wrote [ -> ]The bus it is replacing (85 I think) took 9 mins each way so it must be cutting off some places.

It's not replacing the 85 as a whole. That ran to Brady Square via Biddick. 

The 2A shorts are timetabled to serve the Biddick Village Centre, Titchfield Road and Leisure Centre (Police Link) only. The short detour from Fatfield Road down to Brady Square is being picked up by the 8, which now runs evenings and Sundays.
(04 Sep 2021, 12:27 pm)Adrian wrote [ -> ]It's not replacing the 85 as a whole. That ran to Brady Square via Biddick. 

The 2A shorts are timetabled to serve the Biddick Village Centre, Titchfield Road and Leisure Centre (Police Link) only. The short detour from Fatfield Road down to Brady Square is being picked up by the 8, which now runs evenings and Sundays.
Why didn't the 8 run on evening and sundays. Also thanks.
(04 Sep 2021, 10:35 am)Keeiajs wrote [ -> ]What buses are going to the Sunderland District Silver & Blonde?

Looks like it will only need 1x branded as the short runs interwork with Peterlee routes so presumably will be corporate livery???

Does seem odd that routes with such low PVRs (this, X22) are being given their own brands. I'm sure it used to be argued that no point in branding anything with PVR less than 4
(03 Sep 2021, 11:24 pm)Adrian wrote [ -> ]Been out and about today across 10 different buses and 4 different bus stations, but I could barely find anything about the service changes. The only reference was some vague notices about stand reallocations at Gateshead Interchange, which were nothing more than an A4 sheet stuck on the window.

Either I'm massively unlucky, or there's something amiss here? I acknowledge what Dan said earlier about issues at the printers, and completely appreciate these things happen, but these are my observations:

- 'Service Changes' poster appears to be disappearing prematurely
- Only 1 out of 10 buses carrying any sort of timetable (a 21, but it was the Oct 2020 edition!)
- Only 2 out of 10 buses carrying the 'Summer Fares' leaflets
- Service Changes booklets are still as rare as hens teeth

It was alarming to see so many timetable holders completely empty, and in addition to that, I saw more buses carrying 'The Big Bus Conversation' posters than anything else. One bus had nothing in the clip frame, and another had a poster still advising we're in a local lockdown  Confused

Anyhow, I've done a bit of a write-up here. Have a read, if you've got the chance: https://www.busesandbeyond.co.uk/2021/09...s-the-key/

Agree very much with the sentiments in your blog regarding customer information and your experience mirrors mine over recent weeks - seems we are both just very unlucky and are not using the vehicles carrying passenger info.
(03 Sep 2021, 11:24 pm)Adrian wrote [ -> ]Been out and about today across 10 different buses and 4 different bus stations, but I could barely find anything about the service changes. The only reference was some vague notices about stand reallocations at Gateshead Interchange, which were nothing more than an A4 sheet stuck on the window.

Either I'm massively unlucky, or there's something amiss here? I acknowledge what Dan said earlier about issues at the printers, and completely appreciate these things happen, but these are my observations:

- 'Service Changes' poster appears to be disappearing prematurely
- Only 1 out of 10 buses carrying any sort of timetable (a 21, but it was the Oct 2020 edition!)
- Only 2 out of 10 buses carrying the 'Summer Fares' leaflets
- Service Changes booklets are still as rare as hens teeth

It was alarming to see so many timetable holders completely empty, and in addition to that, I saw more buses carrying 'The Big Bus Conversation' posters than anything else. One bus had nothing in the clip frame, and another had a poster still advising we're in a local lockdown  Confused

Anyhow, I've done a bit of a write-up here. Have a read, if you've got the chance: https://www.busesandbeyond.co.uk/2021/09...s-the-key/
When the changes were released, I was hopeful in that we'd see posters up on all the buses by the end of August or some roadside publicity information where needed. For example, if the service changes are considered "improvements" e.g. newer buses, increased frequency etc. there's everything to shout about. Something as big as this should be put up in bus stations and stops, like when the VOLTRA buses where first introduced. I understand it may be to do with the all to familiar "Nexus says no" attitude, in which case the NEBus Partnership is disappointing.

https://twitter.com/Dan3942/status/1325904078921232385

On another note, surely these service changes should be at the top of their website or their pinned tweet. Much more important than "extended Summer saving fares" and promotional X lines material, which is definitely on GNEs part.
(04 Sep 2021, 1:11 pm)stagecoachbusdepot wrote [ -> ]Looks like it will only need 1x branded as the short runs interwork with Peterlee routes so presumably will be corporate livery???

Does seem odd that routes with such low PVRs (this, X22) are being given their own brands.  I'm sure it used to be argued that no point in branding anything with PVR less than 4
The PVR 4 has/had obvious exceptions.

Well, 49 should be branded. As Winlaton Ranger/Wonder 
12/6 as CityConnect/CityLink
50/26 - Coast & County
5/9 - Tyne & Wear Links /
(04 Sep 2021, 1:48 pm)Keeiajs wrote [ -> ]The PVR 4 has/had obvious exceptions.

Well, 49 should be branded. As Winlaton Ranger/Wonder 
12/6 as CityConnect/CityLink
50/26 - Coast & County
5/9 - Tyne & Wear Links /

I don't think it was ever an argument that everything PVR 4 or more should be branded, rather the opposite that routes with low PVR didn't warrant branding.  I'm sure tehre wil be debate on it in the branding thread or elesewhere on here.
(04 Sep 2021, 2:18 pm)stagecoachbusdepot wrote [ -> ]I don't think it was ever an argument that everything PVR 4 or more should be branded, rather the opposite that routes with low PVR didn't warrant branding.  I'm sure tehre wil be debate on it in the branding thread or elesewhere on here.
Not every servicce has to be branding, but I think the list I did above should be.
(04 Sep 2021, 2:48 pm)Keeiajs wrote [ -> ]Not every servicce has to be branding, but I think the list I did above should be.

Why do you think those services you've listed should be branded?

All the services on your list have been branded in the past and, presumably, have had little-to-no impact on passenger numbers and/or revenue otherwise the brands would remain.

Other than the aesthetic "because it would look nice" argument, which is largely rooted in fantasy, what other reasons would you give? Pretend you're trying to sell your idea to the GNE's Financial Director.
(04 Sep 2021, 4:07 pm)MurdnunoC wrote [ -> ]Why do you think those services you've listed should be branded?

All the services on your list have been branded in the past and, presumably, have had little-to-no impact on passenger numbers and/or revenue otherwise the brands would remain.

Other than the aesthetic "because it would look nice" argument, which is largely rooted in fantasy, what other reasons would you give? Pretend you're trying to sell your idea to the GNE's Financial Director.

Dear GNE Financial Director

Let’s put the Peterlee Purple brand on the 38A circular which doesn’t make sense as the docks area is no where near Peterlee, and let’s use the old Sunderland and District brand name and make a mockery of it and use the name with all the colours under the rainbow and more, and let’s brand the buses for certain routes and put them on different branded routes.

See you soon for my bonus

#

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blonde is 38/38A/38C
Silver is 33
(04 Sep 2021, 5:00 pm)cbma06 wrote [ -> ]Dear GNE Financial Director

Let’s put the Peterlee Purple brand on the 38A circular which doesn’t make sense as the docks area is no where near Peterlee, and let’s use the old Sunderland and District brand name and make a mockery of it and use the name with all the colours under the rainbow and more, and let’s brand the buses for certain routes and put them on different branded routes.

See you soon for my bonus

#

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Denied. 

Here's a reduction in your salary instead.