North East Buses

Full Version: September Service Changes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(07 Aug 2021, 9:05 am)ASX_Terranova wrote [ -> ]If you download GNE's open data, it shows all the routes and numbers from Sep in full. I even found the 30, so it looks like thats not going.

OS Maps wanted a subscription off me.   I'll take your word for it.  Smile
(07 Aug 2021, 9:42 am)DH9 wrote [ -> ]OS Maps wanted a subscription off me.   I'll take your word for it.  Smile

You want the TransXChange data available here - https://www.gonortheast.co.uk/open-data
(07 Aug 2021, 9:05 am)ASX_Terranova wrote [ -> ]If you download GNE's open data, it shows all the routes and numbers from Sep in full. I even found the 30, so it looks like thats not going.
The 30 isn’t going anyway, it’s just proposed to only run as far as Quaking Houses
(07 Aug 2021, 9:47 am)Wybus wrote [ -> ]The 30 isn’t going anyway, it’s just proposed to only run as far as Quaking Houses

What about Burnhope & Maiden Law, will that be a DCC contract?
(06 Aug 2021, 4:20 pm)Adrian wrote [ -> ]Headlines like 'Getting buses fit for the future', in a booklet of service cuts, and force-feeding readers with 11 pages of 'look how good we are', feels like the work of an excessively-paid consultant or spin-doctor. I somehow think that those losing their bus services in parts of West Durham and East Durham, will feel very little positivity from hearing about the 'luxury Xlines network' or how there's been a £17 million investment in modern, green buses. Can we just have spin-free in the future, please! 

But, but, but, what about the 'Game Changing Electric Buses'... surely we haven't heard that enough times yet?

You definitely described Ray Stenning perfectly well though, excessively-paid consultant.
(07 Aug 2021, 9:55 am)ASX_Terranova wrote [ -> ]What about Burnhope & Maiden Law, will that be a DCC contract?

"We are in discussions with Durham County Council regarding the service to Burnhope and Lanchester, and they intend to maintain this service, at least in part, but Go North East may not necessarily be the operator running it."

However as Dan mentioned elsewhere, it seems GNE are taking on some of the services they initially announced were being withdrawn and replaced by DCC contracts, such as the 28, so remains to be seen what will happen to the full route 30 and the 71

(06 Aug 2021, 11:10 am)peter wrote [ -> ]Had a go at trying to work out the new PVR's:
16 - PVR 8 (-1) - Ex-Coaster B5's
21 - PVR 16 (+1) - Angel B5's
28 - PVR 4 (-1) - Optare Versa
78 - PVR 8 (+1) - Country Range Streetlites
204 - PVR 1 - Corporate Solo?
65 - PVR 4 - Versa's?
5/9 - PVR 8 (+3) - Corporate Streetlites
38 - PVR 1 (-2) - S&D Graphite Solo?
56 - PVR 10 (-1) - Citylink B9's 
X6/38A - PVR 2 - Peterlee Purple Solo's
27 - PVR 11 (-3) - Crusader B9's
26/50 - PVR 11 - Corporate Omnicity
82 - PVR 2 (-5) - Little Pink Solo's
84/85 - PVR 6 (+3) - Little Pink Solo's
X1 - PVR 13 (+1) - X-Lines Streetdecks (Red)
1 - PVR 9 (-4) - Coaster Streetlites
6 - PVR 5 (+1) - Corporate Livery
12/12A - PVR 5 - Corporate Livery
96/97 - PVR 10 - Green Arrow E200's
57 - PVR 7 (+2) - Corporate Livery
58 - PVR 6 (-1) - EG Rider B9's
51/52 - PVR 11 (-1) - EG Orbit Streetlites
30/31 - PVR 1 (-2) - Venture Solo?
47/47A - PVR 6 - X-Lines?
V1/2/3 - PVR 2 (-2) - Venture Solo
X30/31/70/71/72 - PVR 11 - X-Lines ADL E400
X45/X46 - PVR 9 - Green X-Lines Streetdecks
55 - PVR 4 (-1) - S&D Violet Citaro's
206 - PVR 1 - Peterlee Purple Solo
62/62A - PVR 4 - Peterlee Purple Solo

Can't guarantee they're all right so if anyone has any corrections lmk

(07 Aug 2021, 8:14 am)Storx wrote [ -> ]Does anyone know where the rest of the B5TL's are going yet? There doesn't seem to be anywhere logical where they can actually go bar downgrading the X5/X15 to get the deckers off there so they can be used on the Newcastle routes.

The Angel doesn't have enough buses either if I'm right.

I got that the Angel PVR will only be 16 meaning they would have enough buses atm but no spares.
(07 Aug 2021, 10:03 am)RobinHood wrote [ -> ]But, but, but, what about the 'Game Changing Electric Buses'... surely we haven't heard that enough times yet?

You definitely described Ray Stenning perfectly well though, excessively-paid consultant.

What has Ray Stenning got to do with this?

The booklet was designed by Go North East’s in-house Graphic Designer. Perhaps she ought to be asking for a payrise if her work is being compared to that of an agency!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(07 Aug 2021, 9:31 am)L469 YVK wrote [ -> ]There's 15x Volvo B5LH so more than enough for the 16/16A and 47/47A.

StreetDecks in fact should see a small surplus so no need to remove from the X5/X15.

The B5LH can’t go on the 47/47A unless there not going into Newcastle anymore as there not Euro6

(07 Aug 2021, 10:09 am)Dan wrote [ -> ]What has Ray Stenning got to do with this?

The booklet was designed by Go North East’s in-house Graphic Designer. Perhaps she ought to be asking for a payrise if her work is being compared to that of an agency!

More than interested to learn of what the forthcoming electric buses will be for, the pantograph recharge system used in Harrogate would have advantages.. And by the way, the liveries look mint in sun  Big Grin

(06 Aug 2021, 8:41 pm)Ambassador wrote [ -> ]So the 28 has gone from commercially not viable please give us money Durham CC to…oh I suppose our multi billion pound parent group can afford to support the odd run after all?
Yeah I looked at the timetable on Thursday night which had both the 28 and 28a terminating at Perkinsville, then on Friday morning all of a sudden the 28 was going to Chester again.

Sent from my moto g(8) power lite using Tapatalk
(07 Aug 2021, 10:12 am)cbma06 wrote [ -> ]The B5LH can’t go on the 47/47A unless there not going into Newcastle anymore as there not Euro6

Weren't GNE in the process of converting them to Euro 6? GNE will probably have other plans but  I doubt StreetDecks will be used though.
(07 Aug 2021, 10:09 am)Dan wrote [ -> ]What has Ray Stenning got to do with this?

He was described perfectly, irrespective of whether he produced that booklet or not.
(07 Aug 2021, 10:45 am)RobinHood wrote [ -> ]He was described perfectly, irrespective of whether he produced that booklet or not.

I may be wrong, but I don’t think Adrian was describing Ray Stenning or Best Impressions there…?

Pleased you reference the ‘game-changing Voltra buses’ though. Some great marketing if it’s stuck in your head!

(07 Aug 2021, 10:23 am)L469 YVK wrote [ -> ]Weren't GNE in the process of converting them to Euro 6? GNE will probably have other plans but  I doubt StreetDecks will be used though.

Only 1 was done as a trial, don’t know if any more will be done yet.

(07 Aug 2021, 10:58 am)cbma06 wrote [ -> ]Only 1 was done as a trial, don’t know if any more will be done yet.

Not sure how long the trial was for, but I wonder if it'll be speed up so they can be all converted to Euro 6 earlier than expected?
(07 Aug 2021, 9:31 am)L469 YVK wrote [ -> ]There's 15x Volvo B5LH so more than enough for the 16/16A and 47/47A.

StreetDecks in fact should see a small surplus so no need to remove from the X5/X15.

I was thinking more on the lines of routes where they can actually be on. It's the only decker route which doesn't touch the LEZ unless they upgrade something else (x22 aside). 

(07 Aug 2021, 10:04 am)peter wrote [ -> ]"We are in discussions with Durham County Council regarding the service to Burnhope and Lanchester, and they intend to maintain this service, at least in part, but Go North East may not necessarily be the operator running it."

However as Dan mentioned elsewhere, it seems GNE are taking on some of the services they initially announced were being withdrawn and replaced by DCC contracts, such as the 28, so remains to be seen what will happen to the full route 30 and the 71

I got that the Angel PVR will only be 16 meaning they would have enough buses atm but no spares.

Ah that's fair be surprised if they leave them without any spares though especially when the X21 only has one if I'm correct aswell. Then again it's been ran by dual door ex London stock so nothing is a surprise with the Angel.
(07 Aug 2021, 11:07 am)Michael wrote [ -> ]Not sure how long the trial was for, but I wonder if it'll be speed up so they can be all converted to Euro 6 earlier than expected?

Probably depends of the costs, might of been easier for the long run to shift them on the 16 and use the diamond streetlites for Newcastle as there are euro6

(07 Aug 2021, 8:48 am)DeltaMan wrote [ -> ]Its a fair point about synchronization times to meet trains - that is an issue across the industry. I think it could be done with the 71 at Seaham based on present arrivals and departure, certainly to and from the Houghton side.  However you are then at the mercy of Network Rail and the mandarins at DaFT as if they change the train times, even by a couple of minutes it can throw your neat bus schedule out the window!

I think there has to be an acceptance that at some point you have to stop throwing good money after bad. When you've posted a loss of £4mil and other operators have just about made a minor profit in similar operating circumstances, I imagine things are rightly reexamined

I'd have loved to have seen the business case for the latest version of the 71 and the predicted revenues versus capital expenditure.
I'd then happily laugh in the face of the wild claims made and send that person back to bus planning school.

There's throwing money after bad and then there's the 71. 
15 years of someone, somewhere persevering, tweaking it slightly, tweaking it a bit more and cutting the resource, giving up for a bit (see 36 extension from Houghton), before coming back for a bit more and somehow convincing the powers that be, that after all the failed efforts previously - this version was going to work.
All whilst being part of a failed legacy of the Omnis on the 21 debacle.

As for the mandarins at the Dft and their timetable changes impacting on a bus service.
Imagine the mandarins in bus op commercial departments impacting on more than just rail connectivity...
Is there any plans for other cities or town in the North East to implement a CAZ?!
(07 Aug 2021, 6:34 am)GNE6312 wrote [ -> ]The PVR of the 47/47A is 6 which is perfect for the Ex lothian B9s
They can be refurbished to have NSAs & USBs fitted with the seats being retrimmed, and of course, they will be converted to euro 6. They will also be repainted into the X47s new livery, for this I choose to reincarnate an old brand used on the 47 many years ago, they will be repainted into a new livery branded as derwent rangers (an old brand from when the 47 was solars but has a nice ring to it) which will be a dark & lime green combo (basically reverse green arrows) or green & yellow
It will be fun going up/coming down Ebchester Hill on a double decker - a good view from the top deck coming down though,