North East Buses

Full Version: September Service Changes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(29 Jul 2021, 3:23 pm)L469 YVK wrote [ -> ]So in a nutshell, is the X72 basically a normal 6 between Stanley & Dipton then via Hobson, Sunniside and Gateshead to Newcastle?
Its more a cobble together or various other routes, adds in new connections. Think there'll be raised eyebrows when it's actually released.

(29 Jul 2021, 3:28 pm)DH9 wrote [ -> ]Stanleyone said interesting route, so what's the catch? 

My maths indicates no service for Tanfield Village.
Still being served.
(29 Jul 2021, 3:28 pm)DeltaMan wrote [ -> ]I think calling what they do with regards service changes a "lazy option" is very disrespectful to be honest.

I'd challenge anyone to come up with a fully costed network with timetables of the area they live in with the same number of vehicles the local operator uses

Where's the creativity?
Where do people in Annfield Plain or Catchgate work and spend their spare time?
Where are the links that take those people to those places, in an efficient, reliable and cost effective manner?

Or is it a case of the operator re-numbering what has existed for years, deciding where it will operate and at what times - to suit their needs?

If they are operating services which are innovative and creative, are taking the residents of Annfield Plain and Catchgate to their places of work and leisure and are offering a service which is reliable, efficient and cost effective, then I will apologise profusely.
If it's the latter, then I'm not sure 'lazy option' is disrespectful at all.
(29 Jul 2021, 3:25 pm)Andreos1 wrote [ -> ]How many changes are being forced by the CAZ and how many are commercial decisions?

The 6 has existed in various guises for a number of years and has had very little done with it in terms of promotion, marketing or anything else.
The axing of the entire Newcastle - Durham route and curtailment at Stanley, was only going to have a negative effect, as it reduced the chances of someone in say Craghead making that journey towards Tyneside.
Ditto for any through fares from say Dipton - Durham.
For those passengers who have a choice between a car or two buses, the decision may be heavily weighted towards the car.

I would be very concerned if decisions on services were being made as a result of what has happened over the last 18months.
Dipton to Durham never lost its direct route to Durham. In terms of craghead to Newcastle the old 43/44/44a route took an absolute age, it was great in terms of shift length, most folk would travel to Stanley and change onto the X30/X31 or via the 78 route to CLS then onto X21. 
Things have changed with home working and businesses closing down, so unfortunately these changes will partly be down to the last 18 months.
(29 Jul 2021, 3:40 pm)Stanleyone wrote [ -> ]Dipton to Durham never lost its direct route to Durham. In terms of craghead to Newcastle the old 43/44/44a route took an absolute age, it was great in terms of shift length, most folk would travel to Stanley and change onto the X30/X31 or via the 78 route to CLS then onto X21. 
Things have changed with home working and businesses closing down, so unfortunately these changes will partly be down to the last 18 months. 

Dunno about you, but I've not got a clue what is happening regarding covid19 and the future of homeworking/office working.

To base a commercial decision on something that has existed for 18months and might end next month (seeing homeworking end and retail pick back up at the Metrocentre), seems very short sighted.
I struggle to see how a commercial team can decide a route is no longer viable, because of the last 18months and totally skewed data.

They were certainly keen to have the Stanley to Metrocentre market sewn up when Stanley Taxi's had their MC Solo's.
(29 Jul 2021, 3:39 pm)Andreos1 wrote [ -> ]Where's the creativity?
Where do people in Annfield Plain or Catchgate work and spend their spare time?
Where are the links that take those people to those places, in an efficient, reliable and cost effective manner?

Or is it a case of the operator re-numbering what has existed for years, deciding where it will operate and at what times - to suit their needs?

If they are operating services which are innovative and creative, are taking the residents of Annfield Plain and Catchgate to their places of work and leisure and are offering a service which is reliable, efficient and cost effective, then I will apologise profusely.
If it's the latter, then I'm not sure 'lazy option' is disrespectful at all.

So what are your innovate and create solutions within a sensible budget for the good folk of Annfield Plain and Catchgate if the current or proposed network isn't good enough?
(29 Jul 2021, 3:46 pm)Andreos1 wrote [ -> ]Dunno about you, but I've not got a clue what is happening regarding covid19 and the future of homeworking/office working.

To base a commercial decision on something that has existed for 18months and might end next month (seeing homeworking end and retail pick back up at the Metrocentre), seems very short sighted.
I struggle to see how a commercial team can decide a route is no longer viable, because of the last 18months and totally skewed data.

They were certainly keen to have the Stanley to Metrocentre market sewn up when Stanley Taxi's had their MC Solo's.
I did say "partly". No doubt there'll be other data available to commercial and has there been input from local authorities on these changes?....on that I've no idea.
(29 Jul 2021, 3:01 pm)deanmachine wrote [ -> ]The changes in Sunderland at least seem mainly positive, I'm usually quite critical of the cuts in Sunderland but happy to see it go the other way this time. You'd hope so with the Sunderland District brand introduced too. Ditto with South Tyneside, positive stuff from what I've seen so far.

Thats good news then.
(29 Jul 2021, 4:00 pm)DeltaMan wrote [ -> ]So what are your innovate and create solutions within a sensible budget for the good folk of Annfield Plain and Catchgate if the current or proposed network isn't good enough?

There are all sorts of things that could be done differently. Many, many things. 
But seeing as I'm just an ordinary punter, who knows naff all, I'll leave it up to the operators to sort and leave their merry band of sycophants to pat them on the back on a job well done :wink:

(29 Jul 2021, 4:06 pm)Stanleyone wrote [ -> ]I did say "partly". No doubt there'll be other data available to commercial and has there been input from local authorities on these changes?....on that I've no idea.

Agree, you did say partly. However, I do think using skewed data (whether full or in part) from the last 18months is daft.

I do think their hand has been forced by the CAZ and I do think they could have worked harder prior to the pandemic, making those hard improvements to the network rather than the changes we had seen.
As far as anyone's aware will anything replace the 1B Section through Lobley Hill.
(29 Jul 2021, 4:36 pm)ASX_Terranova wrote [ -> ]As far as anyone's aware will anything replace the 1B Section through Lobley Hill.
Im sure the 96 was mentioned somewhere
(29 Jul 2021, 4:39 pm)V514DFT wrote [ -> ]Im sure the 96 was mentioned somewhere

The 96 will go through Chiltern & Malvern Gardens won't it. Not Cragside Gardens (think that was the 95)
(29 Jul 2021, 4:41 pm)ASX_Terranova wrote [ -> ]The 96 will go through Chiltern & Malvern Gardens won't it. Not Cragside Gardens (think that was the 95)
Not sure mate,i just know the 96 was mentioned
(28 Jul 2021, 9:01 pm)Washingtonian wrote [ -> ]Has anyone heard anything of any changes to services in the Washington area?

Since most other changes have been leaked now, having seen the Washington Briefing:
Little Pinks network is being simplified - the current 81/82/83/84/85/86 are replaced by:
new 82 linking Birtley, Portmeads, Ayton Dunnock Drive, Lambton, Galleries, Sainsburys, Glebe, Washington Village and Barmston Court every 30 minutes - Team Farm and Waterview Park are additionally served Monday to Saturday daytime
new 84 linking Rickleton, Harraton, Ayton, Lambton, Galleries, Sainsburys, Biddick, Barmston Waskerely Road, Barmston Village Centre, Peel and Spout Lane to Concord every 20 minutes - effectively replacing the 81 and parts of the 83/84. Heworth to Concord via Lingley Lane, Follingslby, Usworth and Donwell is withdrawn without replacement
new 85 linking Concord, Oxclose, Galleries and Sainsburys every 20 minutes (interworking with the 84 at Concord) - additionally serving The Drive between Concord and Donwell in place of the current 84
Washington will lose operation of the 5 to Deptford while taking on operation of the 26 from Riverside - the 26 will be extended to Lukes Lane via Hebburn replacing the 9 and reinstating the old 88 service (H1/H2 withdrawn as a result), the 26 will interwork with the 50 in South Shields (5 will interwork with the 9 at Jarrow)
One X1 an hour will be extended from Easington Lane to Peterlee via South Hetton, and one an hour to Dalton Park
Where are the extra StreetDecks going to come from for the X1? Only thing I can think is a reduction to every 15 mins from every 12 mins perhaps? Likely wrong no doubt.

26 is an interesting one. Will that likely mean 6043-48 ending up on the 25? (continue on fleet changes thread if needed)
I'll wait and see what GNE say,might give me a better understanding
(29 Jul 2021, 5:18 pm)L469 YVK wrote [ -> ]Where are the extra StreetDecks going to come from for the X1? Only thing I can think is a reduction to every 15 mins from every 12 mins perhaps? Likely wrong no doubt.

Could see a reduction elsewhere on the X-Lines network?
Jesus that X1 sounds like a hell of a trip if it's true
(29 Jul 2021, 5:19 pm)V514DFT wrote [ -> ]I'll wait and see what GNE say,might give me a better understanding
MG has done a fb session and it'll be next week possibly thurs/Fri when they are released to the public giving 4 clear weeks.
What every change that's happing.

Do we know of any schools contracts yet or is it to early
X20 to serve Doxford Int & 55 Withdrawn Maybe (Would be replaced between Houghton & Peterlee by X1)