North East Buses

Full Version: September Service Changes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(05 Aug 2021, 9:24 pm)MurdnunoC wrote [ -> ]Quicker than the 60 to where?
Sunderland
(05 Aug 2021, 9:25 pm)Keeiajs wrote [ -> ]Sunderland

The 60 offers a twenty minute frequency between Parkside and Sunderland whereas the 62 is hourly (and, unless I'm mistaken, has no Sunday service). So why would someone want to pass over two 60s to wait for a 62 in order to save about 10-15 minutes from their journey time?
(05 Aug 2021, 9:33 pm)MurdnunoC wrote [ -> ]The 60 offers a twenty minute frequency between Parkside and Sunderland whereas the 62 is hourly (and, unless I'm mistaken, has no Sunday service). So why would someone want to pass over two 60s to wait for a 62 in order to save about 10-15 minutes from their journey time?
I am only saying + it offers connects to Dalton park, Washington, Newcastle, Heworth, Middlebrough. So why not is my answer for a extra 5 mins.
(05 Aug 2021, 9:14 pm)Jimmi wrote [ -> ]My guess the move to Market Street for the 28/28A will be to suit the schedule as the buses currently reach Ouston in both directions at the same time so terminating on Market Street will save the few minutes it takes to get to/from Eldon Square Bus Station

Could it not be so it's closer to the routes it runs along. All the Sheriff Hill (excluding the X1) services and the 97/51/52/53/54 which serve the Wrekenton and Bensham areas all leave from down there so in a way it kind of makes sense. It's a bit out of the place being at Eldon Square, bar arguably Birtley but they'd use the 21 anyway as it's quicker.
(05 Aug 2021, 9:12 pm)Storx wrote [ -> ]Personally I don't get why they don't just extend the 28 to Stanley. Ending it at Ouston is just a weird place to end it and it would give a direct link from Stanley to Gateshead and Team Valley which is being lost and keep the Beamish and villages in the area a direct link to Gateshead and Newcastle.

Pelton is by far getting the worse service changes out of anywhere. Lost links to Consett, Newcastle, Gateshead and a service decrease on the 8/78 from 15 minutes to every 30 minutes. Feel sorry for people living there.

Could just use the bus wasted on the B1 to run the extension.

I can see why folk from Pelton are going to be annoyed by the 28 changes as the bus will terminating on the other side of the busy junctions. 

I cannot see how GNE can serve Pelton on the 28 with the new timetable they've got without an extra bus or unless they sack off Kibblesworth on the 28A to create more time in the cycle. Tough choices.
(05 Aug 2021, 9:34 pm)Keeiajs wrote [ -> ]I am only saying + it offers connects to Dalton park, Washington, Newcastle, Heworth, Middlebrough. So why not is my answer for a extra 5 mins.

But it also adds an extra five minutes onto the journey for anyone who happens to be travelling on it who doesn't live in Parkside.

I haven't looked at the times, but lets say it departs from Parkside at 03 past the hour. The 60 departs from Parkside at 00, 20 and 40. Which bus are you most likely to use to make your connection? The one with the twenty minute frequency or the one with the hourly frequency?

Of course, it would be nice for every estate to have a connection to every major place in the North East but, alas, those days are long gone.
(05 Aug 2021, 9:35 pm)Storx wrote [ -> ]Could it not be so it's closer to the routes it runs along. All the Sheriff Hill (excluding the X1) services and the 97/51/52/53/54 which serve the Wrekenton and Bensham areas all leave from down there so in a way it kind of makes sense. It's a bit out of the place being at Eldon Square, bar arguably Birtley but they'd use the 21 anyway as it's quicker.
What I am annoyed about is that the 28/28A/28B will no longer serve Beamish, so I'd have to go to Gateshead and get on the B1 whenever i next go there. If the 28 still served Beamish, I could just take a 5 minute walk up to Wrekenton and get the 28 from there. And then why are they terminating it at Ouston? It is a pointless service now, there is no need for a direct service to Newcastle/Gateshead from Ouston.
Was the 28 even used by anyone in Newcastle and Gateshead since the B1 was introduced
(05 Aug 2021, 9:41 pm)MurdnunoC wrote [ -> ]But it also adds an extra five minutes onto the journey for anyone who happens to be travelling on it who doesn't live in Parkside.

I haven't looked at the times, but lets say it departs from Parkside at 03 past the hour. The 60 departs from Parkside at 00, 20 and 40. Which bus are you most likely to use to make your connection? The one with the twenty minute frequency or the one with the hourly frequency?

Of course, it would be nice for every estate to have a connection to every major place in the North East but, alas, those days are long gone.
Yeah, I know, but It would be nice to atleast try if, if there isn't the passengers I get that. but it would add a lot more connections. And honestly I know its every hour but if it is faster than the 60 by 15 mins, you could just leave ur house like 12 mins later and get there at the same time. I get it, it would just to nice to try it especially with the X1 extending to Dalton Park.

How is the x1 going to stay at Dalton Park for 15 mins, there is no room it is already really busy with the 22, 23, 65, 62, 61, X10
I am correct in thinking the 8/78 will no longer interwork at Sunderland?
(05 Aug 2021, 9:10 pm)JP6004 wrote [ -> ]You know me, I rarely jump to conclusions until its branded, but it's just the pink that has put me off. Woukd of thought it would be 2 tone purple like what's on X9/X10

Going off the colours on the timetable, I'd estimate it'll look something like this.

[Image: Bishoop.jpg]
(05 Aug 2021, 9:50 pm)ASX_Terranova wrote [ -> ]I am correct in thinking the 8/78 will no longer interwork at Sunderland?
Well the 78 was moved to Consett quite a while ago.
(05 Aug 2021, 9:50 pm)streetdeckfan wrote [ -> ]Going off the colours on the timetable, I'd estimate it'll look something like this.

*cry*
(05 Aug 2021, 9:50 pm)streetdeckfan wrote [ -> ]Going off the colours on the timetable, I'd estimate it'll look something like this.

that Would actually look decent and just as long as they don't do the same as what they have done to the Violets and have the red on the back
I do think 672-679 will go onto 39, what about the 33, 38 what buses will they get, maybe some indigo ones which have been taken off for 65?
(05 Aug 2021, 9:52 pm)JP6004 wrote [ -> ]*cry*

To me, this looks better

[Image: Purpler-Bishop.jpg]
(05 Aug 2021, 9:43 pm)Train8261 wrote [ -> ]Was the 28 even used by anyone in Newcastle and Gateshead since the B1 was introduced

More likely local day trippers. The B1 isn’t really an express, it’s only a few minutes faster than the 28 and it starts from Eldon Sq which is more convenient if you were connecting from public transport elsewhere. Wasn’t that long ago the service was branded for Beamish .

There’s not much difference in time between the 28 and the 21, the 28 is quicker to Birtley at rush hour as it avoids Low Fell. 

I just don’t understand Market Street at all. It’s almost making it less attractive that folks will hop to Birtley and change to a 21. I do wonder if that’s the long term aim, lose the Ouston link completely and replace it with a minibus to Birtley (the old 734) and flog a few more of your zone tickets.

The 28A is the odd one, I’m not sure of it’s purpose anymore, it just prolongs the Ouston commuter journey.  Bensham hospital offers minimal services  these days and is easily accessed by a 21 and then a 53/54. It’s serves the crematorium but how many funerals are planned by bus timetables. 

so yes I’ve talked myself into it. 28 will up ending running CLS via Durham Rd to Birtley then existing route. 28A will die and end up being replaced through Kibblesworth by a reimagined 24
On the 85, 19 mins layover at concord seems a bit much and I don't 3 mins at The Galleries is long enough, unless a future extension is planned at the concord end.
(05 Aug 2021, 9:58 pm)Ambassador wrote [ -> ]More likely local day trippers. The B1 isn’t really an express, it’s only a few minutes faster than the 28 and it starts from Eldon Sq which is more convenient if you were connecting from public transport elsewhere. Wasn’t that long ago the service was branded for Beamish .

There’s not much difference in time between the 28 and the 21, the 28 is quicker to Birtley at rush hour as it avoids Low Fell. 

I just don’t understand Market Street at all. It’s almost making it less attractive that folks will hop to Birtley and change to a 21. I do wonder if that’s the long term aim, lose the Ouston link completely and replace it with a minibus to Birtley (the old 734) and flog a few more of your zone tickets.

The 28A is the odd one, I’m not sure of it’s purpose anymore, it just prolongs the Ouston commuter journey.  Bensham hospital offers minimal services  these days and is easily accessed by a 21 and then a 53/54. It’s serves the crematorium but how many funerals are planned by bus timetables. 

so yes I’ve talked myself into it. 28 will up ending running CLS via Durham Rd to Birtley then existing route. 28A will die and end up being replaced through Kibblesworth by a reimagined 24
Tbh, I wish the 56/57/58/27 went to eldon square I think they could possible get more passengers
(05 Aug 2021, 9:55 pm)streetdeckfan wrote [ -> ]To me, this looks better

[Image: Purpler-Bishop.jpg]
Hmmm yea it's better...