North East Buses

Full Version: September Service Changes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(11 Aug 2021, 4:53 pm)minibus1474 wrote [ -> ]No bus shelters on Market Street (East)
There is a shelter at the stop on Market Street outside the Co-op, though, and that's the stop the vast majority of people tend to use.

Sent from my moto g(8) power lite using Tapatalk
(11 Aug 2021, 4:07 pm)Andreos1 wrote [ -> ]They've used the 9xx series for 'half-hearted' attempts to fill the gap left by commercial decisions.
Can't remember the last time they used the 6 or 7 prefix on a commercial route.
701,702,and 703
(11 Aug 2021, 4:07 pm)Andreos1 wrote [ -> ]They've used the 9xx series for 'half-hearted' attempts to fill the gap left by commercial decisions.
Can't remember the last time they used the 6 or 7 prefix on a commercial route.
Hexham
If they are going to be awarded funds for supported services then I'd like to see GNE doing something similar to what Transdev have done with the supported network around the Ribble Valley with a dedicated brand.

GNE do have form in the Tynedale area with Tynedale Links. Something like that for the Durham area to raise awareness of those services should be considered, part of me thinks DCC should at least make that part of any contract to be honest.
(11 Aug 2021, 5:45 pm)DeltaMan wrote [ -> ]If they are going to be awarded funds for supported services then I'd like to see GNE doing something similar to what Transdev have done with the supported network around the Ribble Valley with a dedicated brand.

GNE do have form in the Tynedale area with Tynedale Links. Something like that for the Durham area to raise awareness of those services should be considered, part of me thinks DCC should at least make that part of any contract to be honest.
They did in Consett, but then the V's have basically halfed in there services since 2013, I would say they do it for Percy Main area, just GCT do it on a night. & Peterlee aswell.
(11 Aug 2021, 5:00 pm)big mac wrote [ -> ]There is a shelter at the stop on Market Street outside the Co-op, though, and that's the stop the vast majority of people tend to use.

That's market street west
(11 Aug 2021, 4:26 pm)Big Mac wrote [ -> ]
Is the Market Street thing really that big a deal?  It's still a central location in Newcastle so it's not as if they've moved the service away from the shops.  An entrance to Eldon Square is only about a minute away from Market Street.

it’s bound to set down outside the old magistrate courts which is the edge of the centre and not the most pleasant place to wait. It’s a canny hike across a busy junction to Pilgrim Street but it’s more so the lack of integration with a hub like Eldon square and Haymarket and onward travel options. 

If it comes up Tyne Bridge slip road and stops at the top of Grey St that’s far more flexible but to punish customers with an hourly service to give more options on a well served old Durham Rd and Bensham corridor seems odd.
Market Street where the 27/56/57/58 all start from is becoming very crowed on the 5th September

All services from the 5th September (that run during the entire day)

Go North East 1/27/28/28A/28B/51/52/56/57/58
Stagecoach 32/32A/35
GCT 6/32A

All on one part of the street. This will be really crowded. Especially since at certain parts of the day. The 27, 56 & 58 are all on Market Street
This all lies directly at newcastle council's doorstep, they should have given some serious thought into incorporating a new terminus around the development and regeneration of the worswick street area, very shortsighted made even worse by their plans to pedestrianise blackett street.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
(11 Aug 2021, 8:32 pm)atlantean560 wrote [ -> ]This all lies directly at newcastle council's doorstep, they should have given some serious thought into incorporating a new terminus around the development and regeneration of the worswick street area, very shortsighted made even worse by their plans to pedestrianise blackett street.

I guess the problem is they don’t actually own enough of the  land and were so desperate to regenerate they handed the Reuben Brothers planning permission without any caveats
Newcastle need a new massive bus station near Market Street, for every service. As Eldon Square is too small. That should be where the HayMarket Services go into.
(11 Aug 2021, 8:32 pm)atlantean560 wrote [ -> ]This all lies directly at newcastle council's doorstep, they should have given some serious thought into incorporating a new terminus around the development and regeneration of the worswick street area, very shortsighted made even worse by their plans to pedestrianise blackett street.

Surely it's more of a Nexus, NECA, Transport North East, NEBus or whatever one they want to go with this week's problem more than Newcastle City Council.

They should Market Street one way Westbound only anyway imo and extend the Westbound bus stops the length of the street with more space for standing passengers. Apart from the 53 nothing is really impacted who could easily go down the Bigg Market and rejoin via Pilgram Street, possibly stopping on Newgate Street. Agreed with the bus station though.
What is the 41 Service, can someone help? [Scroll right to the bottom]

https://images-gonortheast.passenger-web...oklet_.pdf
Looks like an edit problem. 41 is Howden to Hadrian Park
(11 Aug 2021, 9:33 pm)Train8261 wrote [ -> ]Looks like an edit problem. 41 is Howden to Hadrian Park
Yep that is what I was thinking now I have seen and thought about it a bit more.
(11 Aug 2021, 9:33 pm)Train8261 wrote [ -> ]Looks like an edit problem. 41 is Howden to Hadrian Park
Howdon,not Howden
Wish there was a like button for Tez's post. Annoys me when people spell Howdon wrong.
(11 Aug 2021, 2:18 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]Few updates on the changes page:

28 | 28A (Newcastle – Gateshead – Chester-le-Street)
UPDATE: Services 28/28A will be revised to terminate at Market Street in Newcastle, instead of Eldon Square. In Gateshead, the 28A will run via Whitehall Road instead of Bensham Bank.

Due to low demand, service 28A will be revised to terminate at Perkinsville. Service 28 will still run beyond Perkinsville to Chester-le-Street, serving Pelton, High Handenhold, Beamish, Grange Villa and Pelton Fell, maintaining local links around these areas, once per hour.

-----

34 (Waldridge Park – Chester-le-Street – Ouston – Upreth Grange)
This service will omit Pelaw Estate, instead running via A693 and Pelton Aged Miners. An extra journey will be added in the morning peak to provide extra capacity.

A new service 734 will operate every 60 minutes on Monday to Saturday daytimes providing a connection between Chester le Street and Pelaw Estate.

-----

71 (Chester-le-Street – Houghton-le-Spring – Seaham)
UPDATE: Service 71 will continue to operate its current timetable.

----

Under the M6/M7/M8 changes:

Passengers travelling to Metrocentre from parts of Fellside Road and Broadway, along with Lambton Avenue and Duckpool Lane, will be replaced by new service 643

----

30 (Stanley – Lanchester)
UPDATE: New service 730 will operate between Stanley and Lanchester, replacing service 30.

---

643: https://www.gonortheast.co.uk/services/G...2021-10-11&direction=outbound

730: https://www.gonortheast.co.uk/services/G...2021-09-06&direction=outbound

734: https://www.gonortheast.co.uk/services/G...2021-09-06&direction=outbound

All under a white banner on the GNE site.
On a separate note, I really don't understand why the Wallsend-Howdon part of the 41 wasn't merged with the 42/42A.

Would've provided more links from Howdon to Benton ASDA, Four Lane Ends and the key employment sites, especially when the 41 and 42 don't connect at all in Wallsend.
734 will interwork with the 28 in Chester.