North East Buses

Full Version: September Service Changes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(31 Jul 2021, 7:05 pm)ASX_Terranova wrote [ -> ]Does anyone have an idea what the interworking patterns might be of the 26/50.
Also, a lot of these september changes are quite ironic considering most of them were recently posted in the Service Suggestions thread.

Wouldn't be the first time someone at GNE Towers took an idea from what someone has posted on here.
(31 Jul 2021, 7:05 pm)ASX_Terranova wrote [ -> ]Does anyone have an idea what the interworking patterns might be of the 26/50.
Also, a lot of these september changes are quite ironic considering most of them were recently posted in the Service Suggestions thread.

Buses will go from 26 to 50 and vice versa at South Shields.
(31 Jul 2021, 7:23 pm)pbjd wrote [ -> ]Buses will go from 26 to 50 and vice versa at South Shields.
Will the times of either be changing?
So this makes the Question.

Will the 26 still be deckers and the 50 will also be operating by decekrs or will it be Scania CN230UB OmniCity
Prob like the 5/50, a mix of singles and doubles. Or basically anything that moves.
(31 Jul 2021, 8:24 pm)Train8261 wrote [ -> ]So this makes the Question.

Will the 26 still be deckers and the 50 will also be operating by decekrs or will it be Scania CN230UB OmniCity

Be Omnicity's I'd guess. No point having deckers on a service that really doesn't need them which is why it'll be changing anyway.

Not sure what the 5/9 will have though as there's not enough buses in the 83XX batch of Streetlites or Streetlites at all at Deptford to run them. Possible changes at CLS maybe could release the rest of them though, they're on everything but the 34 usually anyway. Who knows.
Just spotted this comment on Martijns live update:

Do you think we could have the number 6 changed to a differnant number since its going to change a substantial part of the route. We will end up with passenger seeing the number 6 on the screen and think we still go to Catchgate, Annfield Plain etc. Also if the 12 is staying a through service at Winlaton can we scrap the idea of changing the number. Its going to confuse passengers and drivers.

-----

Looks like the 12 is changing its service number.
(31 Jul 2021, 9:10 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]Just spotted this comment on Martijns live update:

Do you think we could have the number 6 changed to a differnant number since its going to change a substantial part of the route. We will end up with passenger seeing the  number 6 on the screen and think we still go to Catchgate, Annfield Plain etc. Also if the 12 is staying a through service at Winlaton can we scrap the idea of changing the number. Its going to confuse passengers and drivers.

-----

Looks like the 12 is changing its service number.
From what I've seen, you may as well revert to the old 43 number or even 706 for the 6 service.
78 is apparently being extended to Castleside - spotted on Facebook:

What the 78 is going to Castleside I know this, fines park is withdrawn no 30 a mad X72 and V9 withdrawn and that’s the tip lol ?
(01 Aug 2021, 12:36 am)Michael wrote [ -> ]78 is apparently being extended to Castleside - spotted on Facebook:

What the 78 is going to Castleside I know this, fines park is withdrawn no 30 a mad X72 and V9 withdrawn and that’s the tip lol ?
32 Fines Park withdrawn is fresh air most of the day.   No surprise there.
(01 Aug 2021, 12:36 am)Michael wrote [ -> ]78 is apparently being extended to Castleside - spotted on Facebook:

78 true, other changes as well, fines Park true, no 30 false, but changes, mad X72 true and V9 withdrawn true, but replaced by 47 with addition of a Sunday service (not currently available). ALL (Consett operated) services bar the V2 & X71 will be changed in some form
(01 Aug 2021, 7:12 am)Stanleyone wrote [ -> ]78 true, other changes as well, fines Park true, no 30 false, but changes, mad X72 true and V9 withdrawn true, but replaced by 47 with addition of a Sunday service (not currently available). ALL (Consett operated) services bar the V2 & X71 will be changed in some form

So does that mean the 47 is being extended to Consett?
(01 Aug 2021, 8:04 am)streetdeckfan wrote [ -> ]So does that mean the 47 is being extended to Consett?

Wouldn’t be replacing the V9 if it wasn’t.
(01 Aug 2021, 7:12 am)Stanleyone wrote [ -> ]78 true, other changes as well, fines Park true, no 30 false, but changes, mad X72 true and V9 withdrawn true, but replaced by 47 with addition of a Sunday service (not currently available). ALL (Consett operated) services bar the V2 & X71 will be changed in some form

Is it true that the 78 is diverting away from Pelton so deckers can be used?
(01 Aug 2021, 12:59 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]Is it true that the 78 is diverting away from Pelton so deckers can be used?
Yes. Will operate via pelton fell instead, decker can then be allocated.
X66 streetlites to Deptford for the 5/9 perhaps?
(01 Aug 2021, 1:12 pm)Stanleyone wrote [ -> ]Yes. Will operate via pelton fell instead, decker can then be allocated.

B5's?

Is the 78 half hourly to Castleside?
(01 Aug 2021, 1:13 pm)Simmy wrote [ -> ]X66 streetlites to Deptford for the 5/9 perhaps?

Would have to be upgraded to include WIFI, USB ports.

The combined PVR for the 5 and 9 is 7 - I wonder if these services will get Citaro - under "Go North East"
(01 Aug 2021, 1:15 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]B5's?

Is the 78 half hourly to Castleside?
I believe it will remain at every 30 mins.

B5s on the 78, I think there'll only be 7 left over (if 8 are needed on 16s). Changes should be out there by next weekend.
(01 Aug 2021, 1:31 pm)Stanleyone wrote [ -> ]I believe it will remain at every 30 mins.

B5s on the 78, I think there'll only be 7 left over (if 8 are needed on 16s). Changes should be out there by next weekend.

Thank you.