North East Buses

Full Version: September Service Changes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(23 Aug 2021, 4:28 am)Dan wrote [ -> ]Are Stagecoach and Arriva producing paper timetable leaflets at all?!

Since the start of the pandemic, I've travelled on a decent amount of vehicles operated by the following companies: Arriva North East, First Aberdeen, Go North East, Stagecoach Bluebird. 

Bar a few GNE vehicles a bit earlier this summer, I haven't encountered a single bit of literature. That said, for much of the pandemic, actual printed literature (while useful and I'm aware necessary before I'm shot down) seemed borderline wasteful - timetables were often subject to change on a frequent basis, journeys were dropped due to driver shortages, and I'd imagine majority of the folk who were travelling (thinking essential workers) likely had access to the changes on the internet which can be updated far more readily. 

I've not been on a GNE bus in the past couple of weeks since these thousands of leaflets have been whacked on so can't comment on their availability, but these seem to be fairly substantial changes to the network. Given that majority of the changes made by other operating companies seem to mainly be timetable amendments, is it not possible that they're holding off until things settle down and/or they implement their own, presumably inevitable, major network changes to resume info/timetable printing? As a passenger, who admittedly has no issue finding this information digitally, I would much prefer my physical literature to be relevant for a decent length of time than for it to change in a few weeks due to a decrease in government funding/ a new driver shortage.
(23 Aug 2021, 4:18 pm)Adrian wrote [ -> ]Try https://imgbb.com/ 

Free/no registration required.

https://ibb.co/NFcTnL0
I'm on a Stagecoach bus now and can't see a single timetable....
Only stagecoach routes in the north east that have timetables are South Shields 10/11 and Sunderland 19
Having recently returned from a dangerous and exhausting time in Pyongyang, I flew into Consett International Airport and realised, not only was there no literature documenting the upcoming changes to Go North East services in the area, but there are no Go North East services serving this very prestigious airport. Why not? Surely I'm not the only one who uses this airport on a regular basis? Luckily, the terminal is within walking distance but it does make you wonder..
(23 Aug 2021, 5:50 pm)Clifton Hignett III wrote [ -> ]Having recently returned from a dangerous and exhausting time in Pyongyang, I flew into Consett International Airport and realised, not only was there no literature documenting the upcoming changes to Go North East services in the area, but there are no Go North East services serving this very prestigious airport. Why not? Surely I'm not the only one who uses this airport on a regular basis? Luckily, the terminal is within walking distance but it does make you wonder..

Did you fly using Punjab Airways?

Just incase anyone isn't aware of the obscure, 30 odd year old reference to Consett International Airport - https://www.facebook.com/133500816698491...452829253/
(23 Aug 2021, 2:20 pm)Ambassador wrote [ -> ]I appreaciate this is personal and close to you but...

Surely this was foreseen? You had to know once the changes were publicised that there'd be immediate feedback (good and bad) and potential changes would be required?

It's peak holiday season, simple solution is don't plan changes at this holiday period or plan better.

Colleagues working through holidays and long days is well...welcome to business in a pandemic I guess. However the decision not to pay them is a choice of appalling management and summarises the whole process and general business attitude of many companies these days, as folk do it out of unreturned loyalty.

For me, I sympathise with the Colleagues at the sharp end but its an obvious failure at the top. 

Company sets out mass changes - doesn't plan for mass changes requiring more changes after publicising - lacks resource to implement changes.....root cause? Abject project management - obvious lack of skills within the Team to manage change at any sort of pace.
I think the issue here is that the timing coincides with the withdrawal of financial support.
(24 Aug 2021, 9:41 am)BusLoverMum wrote [ -> ]I think the issue here is that the timing coincides with the withdrawal of financial support.

Apologies if this has already been covered here/elsewhere - has anyone worked out or has it been confirmed what the overall change in PVR will be as a result of all of the changes?
All I know is that it is 11 Coaster buses. 9 branded 2 (2019 livery)
(24 Aug 2021, 12:29 pm)Train8261 wrote [ -> ]All I know is that it is 11 Coaster buses. 9 branded 2 (2019 livery)

It won't be 2 spares for a PVR of 9 - no other route has that many spares for that size of PVR. More than likely see 5479 go for repaint into Coaster livery once the other 8 are done and just have 5480 as the main spare.
(06 Aug 2021, 11:10 am)peter wrote [ -> ]Had a go at trying to work out the new PVR's:
16 - PVR 8 (-1) - Ex-Coaster B5's
21 - PVR 16 (+1) - Angel B5's
28/28A - PVR 4 (-1) - Optare Versa
78 - PVR 8 (+1) - Country Range Streetlites
204 - PVR 1 - Corporate Solo?
65 - PVR 4 - Versa's?
5/9 - PVR 8 (+3) - Corporate Streetlites
38 - PVR 1 (-2) - S&D Graphite Solo?
56 - PVR 10 (-1) - Citylink B9's 
X6/38A - PVR 2 - Peterlee Purple Solo's
27 - PVR 11 (-3) - Crusader B9's
26/50 - PVR 11 - Corporate Omnicity
82 - PVR 2 (-5) - Little Pink Solo's
84/85 - PVR 6 (+3) - Little Pink Solo's
X1 - PVR 13 (+1) - X-Lines Streetdecks (Red)
1 - PVR 9 (-4) - Coaster Streetlites
6/12/12A - PVR 10 (+1) - Corporate Livery
96/97 - PVR 10 - Green Arrow E200's
57 - PVR 7 (+2) - Corporate Livery
58 - PVR 6 (-1) - EG Rider B9's
51/52 - PVR 11 (-1) - EG Orbit Streetlites
30/31/730 - PVR 2 (-1) - Venture Solo?
47/47A - PVR 6 - X-Lines?
V1/2/3 - PVR 2 (-2) - Venture Solo
X30/31/70/71/72 - PVR 11 - X-Lines ADL E400
X45/X46 - PVR 9 - Green X-Lines Streetdecks
55 - PVR 4 (-1) - S&D Violet Citaro's
206 - PVR 1 - Peterlee Purple Solo
62/62A - PVR 4 - Peterlee Purple Solo

Can't guarantee they're all right so if anyone has any corrections lmk

(24 Aug 2021, 11:58 am)stagecoachbusdepot wrote [ -> ]Apologies if this has already been covered here/elsewhere - has anyone worked out or has it been confirmed what the overall change in PVR will be as a result of all of the changes?

Had a go at the PVR's a little while ago which works out at -11, factor in 2 more for the H2 and 925 that's -13 in total if my calculations are correct!
(24 Aug 2021, 12:35 pm)Kuyoyo wrote [ -> ]It won't be 2 spares for a PVR of 9 - no other route has that many spares for that size of PVR. More than likely see 5479 go for repaint into Coaster livery once the other 8 are done and just have 5480 as the main spare.
Bit of a tight squeeze with 5mins at each end. PVR might be 10 with 5mins at Whitley bay and 20 at gateshead. 9 already repainted into coaster
(24 Aug 2021, 12:50 pm)peter wrote [ -> ]Had a go at the PVR's a little while ago which works out at -11, factor in 2 more for the H2 and 925 that's -13 in total if my calculations are correct!

Ah brilliant thanks
Think it was this thread where this was mentioned a few weeks back - various news outlets now reporting it. JE Offices opening up in Sunderland with around 1500 staff - wonder how many of those could do with a bus service.

https://amp.theguardian.com/uk-news/2021...rvice-site
(25 Aug 2021, 9:07 am)mb134 wrote [ -> ]Think it was this thread where this was mentioned a few weeks back - various news outlets now reporting it. JE Offices opening up in Sunderland with around 1500 staff - wonder how many of those could do with a bus service.

Again looks like a hybrid working environment so at most you'll have half that number, possibly less, in the office at anyone time so we're not talking npower levels of service requirement here. 

This is where bus companies are a bit stuck, business park trade will never pick up to pre-pandemic levels but there's still a demand of sorts but probably with minimal profit.
(24 Aug 2021, 12:51 pm)JP6004 wrote [ -> ]Bit of a tight squeeze with 5mins at each end. PVR might be 10 with 5mins at Whitley bay and 20 at gateshead. 9 already repainted into coaster
It's definitely a PVR of 9 the main part.

WBay: 10:33 (x3) | 11:33 (x3) | 12:33 (x3)
Ga'hd: 11:58
Ga'hd: 12:03
WBay: 13:27 then >>>>>> 13:33 ex WBay back to Gateshead
I know the 62/62A have been introduced however i don't think it is long until the 62A is changed to the 63 and extended to Durham. As that service has seen the most "uproar". & 265/202/208 were the busiest indiGO services.
(25 Aug 2021, 11:20 am)Ambassador wrote [ -> ]Again looks like a hybrid working environment so at most you'll have half that number, possibly less, in the office at anyone time so we're not talking npower levels of service requirement here. 

This is where bus companies are a bit stuck, business park trade will never pick up to pre-pandemic levels but there's still a demand of sorts but probably with minimal profit.

There's still the other businesses around there though and I'm aware of at least one, with 99% of the workforce being in the office.

The business park actually extended their parking arrangements a year or two back and pre-pandemic, businesses were still hiring space at the Mcewans Centre (its not an arena and never will be).
That was with the 921, 923, X20 and whatever number service it was that particular week - which started off somewhere in the North Sunderland estates.
Also seems as though GNE are rebranding/branding loads of routes I think the 49/A/C - 6 - 12/12A - 50 should be branded.
(25 Aug 2021, 9:07 am)mb134 wrote [ -> ]Think it was this thread where this was mentioned a few weeks back - various news outlets now reporting it. JE Offices opening up in Sunderland with around 1500 staff - wonder how many of those could do with a bus service.

Imagine if the bus driver at Deptford wasn't on the ball!
It would have been eggs on the faces at GNE towers!