North East Buses

Full Version: September Service Changes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(05 Aug 2021, 7:47 pm)V514DFT wrote [ -> ]Only critisism i have is the 204,i'd renumber it 64 so it fits in better with the 62/62A and 65,also the Q3,its a bit of an odd ball now the Q1/Q2 is going

It will just confuse the Arriva service 64 in the same area at sherburn, GNE should drop the 200 series and make the ones that are left in double service numbers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(05 Aug 2021, 7:51 pm)Keeiajs wrote [ -> ]
 Do we know the buses it is getting?

It looks like bigger than solos

Will both 50 | 5 get new buses?
(05 Aug 2021, 7:56 pm)Keeiajs wrote [ -> ]Will both 50 | 5 get new buses?

5 will be allocated 8339-8346(?) and interwork with the9.
50 retaining Scania's and interworking with 26.
My guess for 65 is either Versa or Citaro.
Nice to see we are getting a throw back to the 51/52 and Orbit (Now being East Gateshead Orbit)
(05 Aug 2021, 8:04 pm)pbjd wrote [ -> ]5 will be allocated 8339-8346(?) and interwork with the9.
So 26 dropping crusader branding?

(05 Aug 2021, 8:04 pm)pbjd wrote [ -> ]5 will be allocated 8339-8346(?) and interwork with the9.
And the 5 will be operated by Deptford?
(05 Aug 2021, 8:07 pm)Keeiajs wrote [ -> ]So 26 dropping crusader branding?
Had a feeling it would. That gives the 27 full Crusader allocations now
(05 Aug 2021, 8:07 pm)Keeiajs wrote [ -> ]So 26 dropping crusader branding?

And the 5 will be operated by Deptford?

Yes to both, although it can be argued in a way the 26 wasn't after the cuts last year, 27 PVR 11, and 11 branded B9s, they just happened to end up on the 26 due to interworking whilst they held back on these changes.
(05 Aug 2021, 8:09 pm)pbjd wrote [ -> ]Yes to both, although it can be argued in a way the 26 wasn't after the cuts last year, 27 PVR 11, and 11 branded B9s, they just happened to end up on the 26 due to interworking whilst they held back on these changes.
So will the 5 & 9 get branding, and 26 & 50 get branding?
Could the Gemini spares from the 26 be put on the 25?

(05 Aug 2021, 8:11 pm)Keeiajs wrote [ -> ]So will the 5 & 9 get branding, and 26 & 50 get branding?

All 4 routes will be unbranded.
(05 Aug 2021, 8:12 pm)transportintyneandwear wrote [ -> ]Could the Gemini spares from the 26 be put on the 25?

Doubt it. I was possibly thinking 65.

What buses will be used on X22?
Well the only other solutions for the 25 is somehow finding some spare Euro 6 buses or curtailing it at Gateshead.

(05 Aug 2021, 8:14 pm)transportintyneandwear wrote [ -> ]Well the only other solutions for the 25 is somehow finding some spare Euro 6 buses or curtailing it at Gateshead.

Stick some streetlites on there
(05 Aug 2021, 8:05 pm)Jimmi wrote [ -> ]My guess for 65 is either Versa or Citaro.

Wonder if the 65 get the older versas, similar ones doing Arriva cover on the 6/7?

It would be nice for the new 65 on a morning and on a evening to extend to parkside & 62 should go upto parkside providing more links, stupid that the 62 wasn't extend
(05 Aug 2021, 7:02 pm)Adtrainsam wrote [ -> ]Press Release now up

https://www.gonortheast.co.uk/getting-bu...-september

Interesting changes.

Pleased to see the bizarre numbering system in Washington go.

Struggling to see logic behind the 28 changes (Whitehall Road?). The reasoning behind terminating it at Ouston, is clearly down to resource (or lack) of. Wondering if this will become Riverside based?

Unsure of the logic in omitting Pelaw Estate for the 34 too. Numbers may be low, but I would argue there's a need for some sort of service. Certainly more of a need than those residents living on the A693...
Re-routing the 78 and needing to maintain some sort of connection to Pelton (due to the 78 changes) is clearly a factor. 

They've tried similar changes to the 65 in the past. Sure they put pink deckers on at one point, after they finished their time chugging back and forth on the 21.
Will see if it lasts this time or if it goes the way it has done previously.
Although I thought it was a good idea initially, I'd question the need for the X1 extension to Dalton Park, if the 65 is becoming more frequent. 

Unsurprised at the axing of the 71 coupled with a pleading begging bowl in the direction of DCC. It's not like we've seen that sort of behaviour previously. I'd hoped MG may have instilled a sense of ownership in the organisation and that culture of using the public purse had ended. Clearly I was wrong (there's mention of the begging bowl at least twice in these changes).
The latest version isn't fit for purpose and rather than adapt the route or timetable, pushing connections with the National Rail Network at Seaham or spinning some other sort of marketing, it's obviously easier culling it completely.
See previous comments on taking the easy/lazy option.

Glad to see Brady Square maintain connections and new opportunities opened in that area.
(05 Aug 2021, 8:06 pm)Train8261 wrote [ -> ]Nice to see we are getting a throw back to the 51/52 and Orbit (Now being East Gateshead Orbit)

Why? Quaylink is more iconic.
Looking at some of the PDF timetables, it seems like the 8 (and possibly 78 as well) will be getting a new brand name called “Country Ranger”

https://passenger-line-assets.s3.eu-west...817123.pdf
Anyone know of any repaints for the 60? Or the new peterlee name?