North East Buses

Full Version: Whats made you happy today?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(20 Jun 2015, 1:54 pm)aureolin wrote [ -> ]Nah it's a nice touch! We quite often get a senior manager turn up on site one day, and decide he's going to order a boat load of Dominos pizzas for everyone - just what every IT office needs. Wink 

Yeah it's just a nice little extra that doesn't really cost much and the staff appreciate that management actually acknowledge them...
Ice lollies Big Grin
Just how cheap a Carlisle Dayrider is, only £3 for a full day's bashing! Certainly made me happy today Smile
(20 Jun 2015, 6:38 pm)northern156 wrote [ -> ]Just how cheap a Carlisle Dayrider is, only £3 for a full day's bashing! Certainly made me happy today Smile

I'll have to try it out one day, hopefully I'll be heading West in the Next week or so
Well I know I've been speaking to Dan about this tonight but recently the enjoyment hasn't been there for me to go out and take photos... mainly because of my huge backlog of photos! Well today I've finally cleared the thousands of pictures I took on my trip to the Shires area last summer with the final completion of upload of photos from London... Onwards and upwards!
Never ever let me near Arriva's Destination blinds again  Tongue

[Image: 18843332370_b43098e165.jpg]DSCN1184 by Lee Robert Calder, on Flickr

[Image: 18843314910_cb747cf5cb.jpg]DSCN1019 by Lee Robert Calder, on Flickr

[Image: 18843379478_5a30697528.jpg]DSCN1167 by Lee Robert Calder, on Flickr

[Image: 18410377063_987f7eb85e.jpg]DSCN1173 by Lee Robert Calder, on Flickr

[Image: 19004848276_8f563af079.jpg]DSCN1159 by Lee Robert Calder, on Flickr
Fathers Day.

Getting to spend time with the little Constantopolouses and appreciating the hand-made stuff they had made for me.
Showing appreciation for old man Constantopolous, who has been there during sh!tty, tough times.
(21 Jun 2015, 8:39 pm)LeeCalder wrote [ -> ]Never ever let me near Arriva's Destination blinds again  

[Image: 18843379478_5a30697528.jpg]DSCN1167 by Lee Robert Calder, on Flickr

Oh dear, thought I may have avoided getting my mug on Flickr today but I have failed once again
(21 Jun 2015, 8:53 pm)Jimmi wrote [ -> ]Oh dear, thought I may have avoided getting my mug on Flickr today but I have failed once again

Oh well, I haven't made the photo public yet.... but just wait until I do  Wink
(21 Jun 2015, 7:25 pm)tyresmoke wrote [ -> ]Well I know I've been speaking to Dan about this tonight but recently the enjoyment hasn't been there for me to go out and take photos... mainly because of my huge backlog of photos! Well today I've finally cleared the thousands of pictures I took on my trip to the Shires area last summer with the final completion of upload of photos from London... Onwards and upwards!
I dunno how you've coped! I was getting stressed with knowing I had 4 days worth of Brighton photos to upload haha.
This didn't make me happy today, but at the rally yesterday, I finally got the chance to photograph former Stagecoach 33101
Had my first driving lesson today, and it went really well.

Perhaps I shouldn't joke about red Seat Leon drivers as much, as it's not as easy as it looks from the passenger seat!

One of the apprentice engineers who I get on well with highly recommended an instructor, and as I wasn't busy with exams and suchlike any more, I had no excuse! Really like the instructor - down to earth and says it exactly how it is. Can't wait for next week now - watch out Sunderland!
(24 Jun 2015, 7:16 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]Had my first driving lesson today, and it went really well.

Perhaps I shouldn't joke about red Seat Leon drivers as much, as it's not as easy as it looks from the passenger seat!

One of the apprentice engineers who I get on well with highly recommended an instructor, and as I wasn't busy with exams and suchlike any more, I had no excuse! Really like the instructor - down to earth and says it exactly how it is. Can't wait for next week now - watch out Sunderland!
I'm staying well clear of Sunderland then!
(24 Jun 2015, 7:16 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]Had my first driving lesson today, and it went really well.

Good Luck Dan Smile
The ANE proposals for Northumberland Big Grin
(25 Jun 2015, 6:26 pm)mb134 wrote [ -> ]The ANE proposals for Northumberland Big Grin

I see that the rail users fresh off their lovely privatised train will love waiting for the X18.
(25 Jun 2015, 6:28 pm)Tommy_1581 wrote [ -> ]I see that the rail users fresh off their lovely privatised train will love waiting for the X18.

They'll have the X20(or 20) though won't they? 

X18 times don't work very well with those of the trains, if I recall correctly.
(25 Jun 2015, 6:35 pm)mb134 wrote [ -> ]They'll have the X20(or 20) though won't they? 

X18 times don't work very well with those of the trains, if I recall correctly.

Nor will the X20, people will still have a 50 odd minute wait if they've missed the bus. Having a service every half hour improves the chances of connecting to a bus from the train.
(25 Jun 2015, 6:38 pm)Tommy_1581 wrote [ -> ]Nor will the X20, people will still have a 50 odd minute wait if they've missed the bus. Having a service every half hour improves the chances of connecting to a bus from the train.

How often do these trains run like? Can't imagine they'd stop at Alnmouth more than hourly? 

Also, don't Spirit operate to the train station at peak times, so that they meet any train bang on?
(25 Jun 2015, 6:43 pm)mb134 wrote [ -> ]How often do these trains run like? Can't imagine they'd stop at Alnmouth more than hourly? 

Also, don't Spirit operate to the train station at peak times, so that they meet any train bang on?

About half hourly combined.

4 trains an hour in both directions.