North East Buses

Full Version: Whats made you happy today?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(25 May 2015, 7:31 pm)Adam wrote [ -> ]I opted to, and instead of pre-drinking at one of their flats

Did you purposely avoid the use of the term "prinks"  - avoid any potential confusion for older members of the forum? Tongue 
What is a pre-drink anyway? To me, that's the part where you take the bottles out the fridge. Tongue
(25 May 2015, 7:39 pm)aureolin wrote [ -> ]What is a pre-drink anyway? To me, that's the part where you take the bottles out the fridge. Tongue

Basically it! Cheaper to drink at home, so you get the night started with "prinks". 
(25 May 2015, 7:41 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]Basically it! Cheaper to drink at home, so you get the night started with "prinks". 

What ever happened to sneaking a half bottle of vodka out with you? You young folk have never lived. Tongue 

Best one I managed was to sneak a full bottle of aftershock into innfusion in friend's record bag, and then attempt to fill bottles of blue VK (because of the bottle wrap label), full with it!
(25 May 2015, 7:41 pm)Adam wrote [ -> ]I've never ever used the term "prinks". It's always been "pres" for me, but yeah, I do admit using "pre-drinks" to avoid potential confusion from other members Tongue

My mates tend to use the term "prinks" - I think it sounds somewhat tacky though, so tend to use the full thing. Without an apostrophe between the 'e' and 's', I think I would have been quite confused too, as I would have ended up reading it as "prez".
(25 May 2015, 7:47 pm)Adam wrote [ -> ]That's exactly the way I interpreted it when I first seen it written in a text message to me. I had to reply back asking what on earth "pres" or "prez" was. Thought it was the name of a bar or something, not "pre-drinks" Undecided

Glad it's not just me, then!

After my performance in school on Friday, it wouldn't have surprised me if it was just me being thick. I was reading out a news article prior to my Media Studies exam and I read "abuses" as a-bus-ez opposed to a-bew-sez. My mates ended up taking the mick, and said I was getting too wrapped up in the new job! Tongue 
(25 May 2015, 7:43 pm)aureolin wrote [ -> ]What ever happened to sneaking a half bottle of vodka out with you? You young folk have never lived. Tongue 

Best one I managed was to sneak a full bottle of aftershock into innfusion in friend's record bag, and then attempt to fill bottles of blue VK (because of the bottle wrap label), full with it!

Don't give anyone ideas now  Smile
(25 May 2015, 8:49 pm)Davie wrote [ -> ]Don't give anyone ideas now  Smile

But he's right though.

As much as we like to think that kids a lot worse now than they were in the past, much of what we hear seems to suggest otherwise.
Usually hit a Wetherspoons instead of pre-drinking if I am having a night out (especially the Milecastle / Milfcastle as my mate calls it). 3 godfather pitchers gets the night off to a good start.
(25 May 2015, 9:01 pm)Simmy wrote [ -> ]Usually hit a Wetherspoons instead of pre-drinking if I am having a night out (especially the Milecastle / Milfcastle as my mate calls it). 3 godfather pitchers gets the night off to a good start.
Milfcastle is about right... Smile
Think we all know what my happy post is for...

I have had a cracking day today, got to spend some time round Sunderland today.

This has to probably be the best gig I have ever been to, the Foos were awesome and Kaiser Chiefs were pretty great again too and the Strypes were good too.

Apart from the arsehole security who 'spoke' to us like **** it has been a good day.
I'm on Arriva's 7468 & it's a beast of a bus
Never one to share too much about my personal life, but I have to say that this Bank Hol has been the best I have had for a long time.

Quality time with mates, Mrs C and the little C's.
Topped off with decent weather and not working away!
Getting my money's worth in posh class.

[Image: 29a110161bbda22b9c1fb6bd4cecc80b.jpg]
(26 May 2015, 4:05 pm)aureolin wrote [ -> ]Getting my money's worth in posh class.

[Image: 29a110161bbda22b9c1fb6bd4cecc80b.jpg]

Ugh i'm not allowed Vodka no more, last time i had it i was...... well we'll not go in to details! haha 
(26 May 2015, 4:07 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]Ugh i'm not allowed Vodka no more, last time i had it i was...... well we'll not go in to details! haha 
This ain't gonna end well. Not used to people forcing spirits on me free of charge...
(26 May 2015, 4:09 pm)aureolin wrote [ -> ]This ain't gonna end well. Not used to people forcing spirits on me free of charge...

If its free then get moshed on it haha 
Apparently the photos I uploaded to my Flickr account today were good, despite me thinking they were awful even though I put as much effort in them as possible, it seem that is now paying off Smile  
Found a £2 coin under my bed
(26 May 2015, 9:02 pm)Davie wrote [ -> ]Apparently the photos I uploaded to my Flickr account today were good, despite me thinking they were awful even though I put as much effort in them as possible, it seem that is now paying off Smile  

Don't start this whole "My photos are awful" thing again.... it's very annoying!  Dodgy