North East Buses

Full Version: Whats made you happy today?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(04 Feb 2016, 1:26 pm)Charles41 wrote [ -> ]Was clearing old stuff at my mother's house when I found buses annuals from 1989 and 1990 which my parents had bought me for Christmas.

Had a good read last night.

Charles

Bet they brought back some memories of buses back in them days!
(04 Feb 2016, 1:26 pm)Charles41 wrote [ -> ]Was clearing old stuff at my mother's house when I found buses annuals from 1989 and 1990 which my parents had bought me for Christmas.

Had a good read last night.

Charles

I was born in 1990 would love to see what transport was like then in the years 1959, 1962, 1990 and 1992
(04 Feb 2016, 4:00 pm)Diamond One wrote [ -> ]I was born in 1990 would love to see what transport was like then in the years 1959, 1962, 1990 and 1992

Going off my memory here, so I may get one or two things mixed up...

1990 saw Go Ahead purchase their first batch of brand new deckers. G reg Alexander Olympians.
The last lot of deckers were bought during NBC days.

1992 was when the midi buses started appearing. Handybuses and Dart types.
Optare bodied vehicles were being introduced too.
Just bought a Canon EOS 350D, getting to grips of how to use it lol.
That there is only 3 more weeks until I can bugger off and disappear completely for a bit.
Got a nice cuppa from a lovely town tastes good and was free
(08 Feb 2016, 3:01 pm)Diamond One wrote [ -> ]Got a nice cuppa from a lovely town tastes good and was free
Did ya pinch it like [GRINNING FACE WITH SMILING EYES]
(08 Feb 2016, 3:45 pm)MrFozz wrote [ -> ]Did ya pinch it like [GRINNING FACE WITH SMILING EYES]

Nope lol came from an Arriva Driver
(08 Feb 2016, 4:32 pm)Diamond One wrote [ -> ]Nope lol came from an Arriva Driver

Let me guess? 

Either a Morpeth or Ashington driver offered you a drink?  Tongue
(08 Feb 2016, 6:37 pm)GX03 SVC wrote [ -> ]Let me guess? 

Either a Morpeth or Ashington driver offered you a drink?  Tongue

Ashington canny town I must admit
(08 Feb 2016, 6:51 pm)Diamond One wrote [ -> ]Ashington canny town I must admit

I bet you not many people have said before. Lovely.
(08 Feb 2016, 6:52 pm)MurdnunoC wrote [ -> ]I bet you not many people have said before. Lovely.

Aye, cause a driver offered him a hot beverage.  Big Grin
(08 Feb 2016, 8:49 pm)GX03 SVC wrote [ -> ]Aye, cause a driver offered him a hot beverage.  Big Grin

Best things in life are free drinks food and  all the other things that are free
(08 Feb 2016, 9:29 pm)Diamond One wrote [ -> ]Best things in life are free drinks food and  all the other things that are free

Depends on your view of money, doesn't it... Smile
(08 Feb 2016, 9:40 pm)Adrian wrote [ -> ]Depends on your view of money, doesn't it... Smile

Always squeeze every penny
(08 Feb 2016, 9:29 pm)Diamond One wrote [ -> ]Best things in life are free drinks food and  all the other things that are free

You will have to be careful when you get free drinks.
Nightclubs are notorious for drinks being spiked.

We dont want to hear about how you have been spiked with a laxative. Particularly with all the bad luck NEB members have with public toilets.
(08 Feb 2016, 10:34 pm)Andreos1 wrote [ -> ]You will have to be careful when you get free drinks.
Nightclubs are notorious for drinks being spiked.

We dont want to hear about how you have been spiked with a laxative. Particularly with all the bad luck NEB members have with public toilets.

Am not a one for nightclubs I feel much safer drinking in my own home best method
(08 Feb 2016, 11:01 pm)Diamond One wrote [ -> ]Am not a one for nightclubs I feel much safer drinking in my own home best method

or the lovely Ashington bus station....lol
(08 Feb 2016, 11:07 pm)GX03 SVC wrote [ -> ]or the lovely Ashington bus station....lol

You'd be getting liquid in your body through means of a drip in a hospital ward if you do that
(08 Feb 2016, 11:07 pm)GX03 SVC wrote [ -> ]or the lovely Ashington bus station....lol

i only drink alcohol in my own home lot safer and less money per week