North East Buses

Full Version: Whats made you happy today?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(01 Jan 2015, 11:06 am)Michael wrote [ -> ]Had a good night last night, first time in ages iv'e had a proper drink, i didn't get in till nearly 4am, what makes it even better is.... i woke up hangover free! Big Grin

In other news..... I've just noticed that iv'e only got 5 1/2 months left at uni until i finish my 2nd year, doing my 3rd year is 50/50 atm! (tbh, i'm sick as out now and just want to finish).
Hangover free...I can only dream about that...When I was a nipper I could drink all day and night, get in about 6am, goto bed for a couple of hours and wake up fresh as a daisy, I get wkd hangovers now...I was a borderline Alcoholic in '02-'03 drinking 4 slabs of LCL a week
(01 Jan 2015, 11:07 am)Andreos1 wrote [ -> ]Michael - You are probably still p!ssed!
lol...As pointed out above, I lost 6 months of my life as I was pissed for thay amount of time...

I started getting evil hangovers from the day I toned my drinking down Sad
Citaro heating. Always spot on without fail, which led to an enjoyable (and my first!) journey on the X7.
Nice easy day today - utterly dead this morning though, which meant sitting around everywhere! First day of the year and I had an X5, 5, break, another 5 Smile 2 Streetlites though
When "Kiss Kiss" by Holly Valance came on in Asda earlier on, Seriously considered dropping my Basket in the middle of the Aisle and start Dancing, Used to love that song when I was a bit younger.
(02 Jan 2015, 6:17 pm)Malarkey wrote [ -> ]When "Kiss Kiss" by Holly Valance came on in Asda earlier on, Seriously considered dropping my Basket in the middle of the Aisle and start Dancing, Used to love that song when I was a bit younger.

I remember her in Neighbours haha.
(02 Jan 2015, 10:26 pm)aureolin wrote [ -> ]I remember her in Neighbours haha.

She is unbelievable though you cant deny that.
(02 Jan 2015, 6:17 pm)Malarkey wrote [ -> ]When "Kiss Kiss" by Holly Valance came on in Asda earlier on, Seriously considered dropping my Basket in the middle of the Aisle and start Dancing, Used to love that song when I was a bit younger.

Just been flicking through the music channels on Sky and the video for this song has just come up.

Better than what I heard the last time I was in Asda "hi I'm Bob Geldof give us all your ****ing money, now here is our song for charity, GIVE US YOUR MONEY! merry Christmas"
(02 Jan 2015, 10:46 pm)Jimmi wrote [ -> ]Just been flicking through the music channels on Sky and the video for this song has just come up.

Better than what I heard the last time I was in Asda "hi I'm Bob Geldof give us all your ****ing money, now here is our song for charity, GIVE US YOUR MONEY! merry Christmas"
Geldof is a cumstain...Cant stand the man
(02 Jan 2015, 10:46 pm)Jimmi wrote [ -> ]Just been flicking through the music channels on Sky and the video for this song has just come up.

Asda Washington usually has some decent Music on whenever I am in getting a few bits and bobs.
(02 Jan 2015, 11:21 pm)MrFozz wrote [ -> ]Geldof is a cumstain...Cant stand the man

I hate him too, he is an arse.
(02 Jan 2015, 11:29 pm)Malarkey wrote [ -> ]Asda Washington usually has some decent Music on whenever I am in getting a few bits and bobs.

Most Asda's usually play alright music, but last time Bob Geldof kept telling us to give to charity every 10 bleeding seconds which wound me up.

One Asda somewhere got in trouble for playing a Rage Against the Machine song.
(02 Jan 2015, 11:34 pm)Jimmi wrote [ -> ]Most Asda's usually play alright music, but last time Bob Geldof kept telling us to give to charity every 10 bleeding seconds which wound me up.

One Asda somewhere got in trouble for playing a Rage Against the Machine song.

I dont like Rage Against The Machine, but I would rather listen to it than that Irish Skidmarks annoying voice saying 'give us your fucking money
(03 Jan 2015, 9:58 am)MrFozz wrote [ -> ]I dont like Rage Against The Machine, but I would rather listen to it than that Irish Skidmarks annoying voice saying 'give us your fucking money

I'm not big on Rage either but I too would rather have shouty rock than bloody Geldof.
(03 Jan 2015, 10:08 am)Jimmi wrote [ -> ]I'm not big on Rage either but I too would rather have shouty rock than bloody Geldof.
The problem I have with Geldof is if you dont agree with him, he will pretty much call you a cunt...

The way he went on about Adele when she didnt appear for Band Aid was stupid, he said he was not attacking her, but his tone of voice in an interview suggested something very different
Went to see The Theory of Everything today with some friends.

Brilliant movie about Stephen Hawking, and I saw a few ads in the trailers before the movie, one that particular caught my eye was the one about Martin Luther King. Might go see that.
I think I may have found what is quite possibly the funniest headline I ever seen, in an article about New Zealand Badminton...

As most will know, they name there national teams black/white/ferns...

The Badminton people wanted to call themselves The Black Cocks, after shuttlecocks, and did a little looking about and found this

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2005/09/15/...kerfuffle/

The headline on the website was

NZ finds Black Cocks hard to swallow, Chinese not keen either Big Grin
(03 Jan 2015, 10:09 pm)MrFozz wrote [ -> ]I think I may have found what is quite possibly the funniest headline I ever seen, in an article about New Zealand Badminton...

As most will know, they name there national teams black/white/ferns...

The Badminton people wanted to call themselves The Black Cocks, after shuttlecocks, and did a little looking about and found this

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2005/09/15/...kerfuffle/

The headline on the website was

NZ finds Black Cocks hard to swallow, Chinese not keen either Big Grin

Wow, some amusing lines in the article too.

That's as may be, but the International Badminton Federation (IBF) has decided not to take the Black Cocks lying down.

Ah yes, the sticky "we'd rather not entertain Black Cocks in the People's Republic of China" problem.
(03 Jan 2015, 10:16 pm)Jimmi wrote [ -> ]Wow, some amusing lines in the article too.

That's as may be, but the International Badminton Federation (IBF) has decided not to take the Black Cocks lying down.

Ah yes, the sticky "we'd rather not entertain Black Cocks in the People's Republic of China" problem.
When I first seen it, I had to check the date, to see it wasnt dated April 1...it was dated September 2005