North East Buses

Full Version: Whats made you happy today?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Had a run out on Transdev's 36 between Harrogate and Leeds and got to say Transdev have that spot on like. most comfortable seats I have sat on in a bus for a long time.
A sense of accomplishment... Managed to complete the full journey of Go North East's new Blue Arrow 11: Metrocentre to Whitley Bay.
I don't know why enthusiasts are moaning about the length of the 11 route.

Never heard anyone moan about the X18. I can easily sit on that for 4 hours.
(26 Jul 2016, 2:11 pm)GX03 SVC wrote [ -> ]I don't know why enthusiasts are moaning about the length of the 11 route.

Nobody's forcing these enthusiasts to do the full route!

I probably could handle the full X18 route in one go if I wanted to although I personally would rather have a few stops en-route, often do this when I head to Scarborough on the X93 with a 30 minute break at Whitby on the way to Scarborough. At least the X18 would be a intresting route to do in one go, doubt that the 11 would have the same appeal. I often used to do full journeys on the Arriva 24 Durham - Sunderland when something decent was allocated, journey time was about 85 minutes.
(26 Jul 2016, 2:39 pm)Jimmi wrote [ -> ]Nobody's forcing these enthusiasts to do the full route!

I probably could handle the full X18 route in one go if I wanted to although I personally would rather have a few stops en-route, often do this when I head to Scarborough on the X93 with a 30 minute break at Whitby on the way to Scarborough. At least the X18 would be a intresting route to do in one go, doubt that the 11 would have the same appeal

I did the full 19 (Ashington-North Shields Ferry) the other day, a journey time of 1hr 40min, it's only just estates, residential areas and a bit of high speed running. But paired with the Volvos, it makes a pleasant journey.
(26 Jul 2016, 2:42 pm)GX03 SVC wrote [ -> ]I did the full 19 (Ashington-North Shields Ferry) the other day, a journey time of 1hr 40min, it's only just estates, residential areas and a bit of high speed running. But paired with the Volvos, it makes a pleasant journey.
Closest to full 19 I've done is Bedlington - Royal Quays but I had OmniCity 5244.

I contemplated getting the 20/20A from South Shields to Durham last night as my phone was on 10% battery, but instead I got the 50 to Chester-le-Street (had to get off here really as this journey terminated at Chester Moor) then let the 21 go and got the X21 to Durham to take advantage of the charging points - the StreetDeck managed to overtake a Angel on the A167 just after Plawsworth.
(26 Jul 2016, 1:58 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]A sense of accomplishment... Managed to complete the full journey of Go North East's new Blue Arrow 11: Metrocentre to Whitley Bay.

Managed Whitley Bay to Lobley Hill yesterday

(26 Jul 2016, 2:11 pm)GX03 SVC wrote [ -> ]I don't know why enthusiasts are moaning about the length of the 11 route.

I remember having a VDL Gemini on there up to Haggerston Castle which is around 15 Mins off Berwick, It was around 2012 time when they had one on trial on there.
Also had my mam with me that time, She didn't enjoy it much Big Grin
(26 Jul 2016, 1:58 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]A sense of accomplishment... Managed to complete the full journey of Go North East's new Blue Arrow 11: Metrocentre to Whitley Bay.

I managed to persuade myself to have a go on the 6 from the Metrocentre to Stanley (over the V7 which was due at the same time). It seems so off-putting when you see it takes an hour but it really wasn't that bad. Would definitely be willing to do it again.
(26 Jul 2016, 4:34 pm)S813 FVK wrote [ -> ]I managed to persuade myself to have a go on the 6 from the Metrocentre to Stanley (over the V7 which was due at the same time). It seems so off-putting when you see it takes an hour but it really wasn't that bad. Would definitely be willing to do it again.

I've done Newcastle to Stanley on the 6 before... Never again!
Those seats on the Omnidekkas are so uncomfortable too. Bad enough gong to Consett on the X70 never mind 1 hour 30 on the 6
(26 Jul 2016, 4:52 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]I've done Newcastle to Stanley on the 6 before... Never again!
I did MetroCentre - Stanley once, only because 3831 was allocated! I enjoyed 3831 but it was quite long. Hate to be on a OmniDekka that long as they aren't the most comfortable buses.
I found the seats alright actually. Nothing worse than what i was expecting. There were a few rattles but nothing major - was actually quite close to saying that i enjoyed it! I think i'd still try and get the V7/V8 in the future, though.
(26 Jul 2016, 5:04 pm)S813 FVK wrote [ -> ]I found the seats alright actually. Nothing worse than what i was expecting. There were a few rattles but nothing major - was actually quite close to saying that i enjoyed it! I think i'd still try and get the V7/V8 in the future, though.

Yeah, I don't mind the seats. They're not overly different to the standard Civic V3s, in my opinion, but they've got nothing on the seats found in GNE's Mercs.
(26 Jul 2016, 5:15 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]Yeah, I don't mind the seats. They're not overly different to the standard Civic V3s, in my opinion, but they've got nothing on the seats found in GNE's Mercs.

Aye i love the seats in the Citaros. The comfort from them is amazing.

I would like to do a long journey on a vehicle with the e-leather seats as i have only done short ones (minus the time 5409 was allocated to my school bus but i was sitting at a 90 degree angle as opposed to sitting with my back against the back of the seat). I can't imagine i'll care because im one of those where a bus is a bus to me and i dont often look for faults.
(26 Jul 2016, 7:21 pm)S813 FVK wrote [ -> ]Aye i love the seats in the Citaros. The comfort from them is amazing.

I'll be honest, based from my experiences of the seats in the Citaro's, I've found them to be hit and miss, they are good when they are in a decent condition but they are dreadful when they aren't, recently I've had a few bad ones. I quite like the seats in Citaro's 5337/5338, they are a bit like the ones in Arriva's ex demo EcoCitys.
(26 Jul 2016, 4:52 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]I've done Newcastle to Stanley on the 6 before... Never again!

It was much nicer on the citaros, if a little cramped. I find the seats a little firm on the tush, but it's a smooth ride.

The seats that aren't too high for me on the Omnidekkas are OK, but it's the vibrations in some of them that quite literally cripple me. My spine really can't cope with them.
Pah try doing a return trip when the AD122 did Wallsend to Bowness on Solway and back with a Optare Solo.

[Image: 26867244270_9ae059d528.jpg]
Stagecoach - 47025 - YL02FKY - StagecoachNE20040309 by Gary James Mitchelhill, on Flickr
This well timed photo I took of a Perryman's Solo with a train crossing the Royal Border Bridge in the distance.

[attachment=8053]
(02 Aug 2016, 11:27 pm)GMitchelhill wrote [ -> ]This well timed photo I took of a Perryman's Solo with a train crossing the Royal Border Bridge in the distance.

That's a brilliant photo Gary Smile
Got photos of 793 at Metrocentre Coach Park, Blaydon Crossing, Crawcrook and Prudhoe today.

Also got a photo of 6136 and 6138 side by side in Stanley Bus Station.

Additionally managed to get photos of both 3995 and 3996 at Byermoor. Unfortunatley my photo of the Metro Radio Omnidekka blurred, but you can't win them all.