North East Buses

Full Version: Whats made you happy today?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(21 Aug 2014, 11:41 am)mb134 wrote [ -> ]Snap Big Grin

We must have mutually enhanced our ICT skills through NEB! Wink
(21 Aug 2014, 12:01 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]We must have mutually enhanced our ICT skills through NEB! Wink
Aye Smile must admit I'm pretty annoyed with the contolled assessment aspect of it meaning I only ended up with an A... Undecided
(21 Aug 2014, 12:06 pm)mb134 wrote [ -> ]Aye Smile must admit I'm pretty annoyed with the contolled assessment aspect of it meaning I only ended up with an A... Undecided

I only dropped 12 marks for the Controlled Assessment. God knows where I dropped them, but I'm still chuffed!
(21 Aug 2014, 12:10 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]I only dropped 12 marks for the Controlled Assessment. God knows where I dropped them, but I'm still chuffed!
Did you do edexcel? If so do you know what it was out of my score of 95 got me a B Smile
(21 Aug 2014, 12:13 pm)mb134 wrote [ -> ]Did you do edexcel? If so do you know what it was out of my score of 95 got me a B Smile

Aye, I did.
My sheet of paper says 108/120 for the Controlled Assessment; which, paired with the 80/80, gave a total of 188/200 (A* overall).

I must have just scraped the A* for the Controlled Assessment then! EDIT: See UMS grade boundaries below:
[attachment=5847]
(21 Aug 2014, 12:18 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]Aye, I did.
My sheet of paper says 108/120 for the Controlled Assessment; which, paired with the 80/80, gave a total of 188/200 (A* overall).

I must have just scraped the A* for the Controlled Assessment then!
Yeah, I got 175 which was an A, want to check the grade boundary when I get home... Wink
Edit: just seen your grade boundary attachment, one bloody UM away from a A in my CAT... Undecided
Natalie Sawyer and Hayley McQueen taking the ice bucket challenge. Words cannot describe how hot Natalie Sawyer is.
(22 Aug 2014, 5:03 pm)aureolin wrote [ -> ]Natalie Sawyer and Hayley McQueen taking the ice bucket challenge. Words cannot describe how hot Natalie Sawyer is.

Has anyone here done it yet...I am yet to be challenged but I am doing it anyway, sometime tomorrow Big Grin
Carol Vorderman has announced on twitter she is being done, in a sacrificial white dress later today Smile
Scattered my grandad's ashes today, glad that he's finally at peace. Smile
(23 Aug 2014, 9:36 am)Andreos Constantopolous wrote [ -> ]Carol Vorderman has announced on twitter she is being done, in a sacrificial white dress later today Smile

Pass the turkey! Tongue
(23 Aug 2014, 10:59 am)Marcus wrote [ -> ]Scattered my grandad's ashes today, glad that he's finally at peace. Smile

Nice one mate...did ya scatter 'em somewhere nice???
(23 Aug 2014, 4:37 pm)marxistafozzski wrote [ -> ]Nice one mate...did ya scatter 'em somewhere nice???

Yeah, it was just a short thing. He's now buried with my grandma in Pelton Church. After 14 years, at least they're together again. Smile
(23 Aug 2014, 4:38 pm)Marcus wrote [ -> ]Yeah, it was just a short thing. He's now buried with my grandma in Pelton Church. After 14 years, at least they're together again. Smile

How thoughtful! Hope you and the family are keeping your heads held high - your grandfather would be proud of you.
(23 Aug 2014, 5:21 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]How thoughtful! Hope you and the family are keeping your heads held high - your grandfather would be proud of you.

Cheers Dan, he died 31 March this year, and it feels like he's been gone forever.....

I remember being absolutely devastated when my parents told me and my sister. It's one of those situations you never forget. Sitting in the conservatory, typical weather outside, then they just say - 'Grandad's died'.

Another thing that really has annoyed me was his GP at The Lavender Centre in Pelton was focusing on his Emphysema (he worked down the pits), and didn't seem to understand why he was having eating problems. When they finally did discover he had Stomach Cancer, it was too late, and he died not even a month later......Sad

As it was Stage 4 when they found out, it's likely his cancer was developing when my Grandma's was proving fatal.
(23 Aug 2014, 5:25 pm)Marcus wrote [ -> ]Cheers Dan, he died 31 March this year, and it feels like he's been gone forever.....

I remember being absolutely devastated when my parents told me and my sister. It's one of those situations you never forget. Sitting in the conservatory, typical weather outside, then they just say - 'Grandad's died'.

Another thing that really has annoyed me was his GP at The Lavender Centre in Pelton was focusing on his Emphysema (he worked down the pits), and didn't seem to understand why he was having eating problems. When they finally did discover he had Stomach Cancer, it was too late, and he died not even a month later......Sad

As it was Stage 4 when they found out, it's likely his cancer was developing when my Grandma's was proving fatal.

I will never forget when my old granddad, he only went into hospital for a blood transfusion and died from an aneurysm(is that the correct spelling), I nipped outside for a cigarette and to phone my mother to tell her to come pick me up on her way from from work. Next thing I know, some little woman who was visiting her relative came fleeing and told me to come back inside, saying 'something is not right, the doc wants you' pretty obvious what was going on, I was quickly ushered into a side office where a doctor completely destroyed me and treat me like something on the sole of his shoe because I was screaming at him and banging my fists about, I was in a situation where there was only one person in the world I wanted at that point, the only person we know we can turn to in times of need for unconditional love and support, I have never been so pleased to see my mother walk into a room, I may as well have a baby that day, given how fragile and vulnerable I must have been feeling, there is no love like a mothers love...

I have often wondered why in times of need, the one person we cry for is our mothers, ya think it is just because a mother has the right touch to help there kids...

So Marcus, it has been a few months now, things will get better, I promise you that, over time your wounds will heal, you will obviously never fully get over, I haven't and it is 9 years in September for my old granddad, after his funeral, I went to bed that night and stayed in my room till December, only coming when I had to and lost a lot of weight in the process...

At least your nan and granddad are reunited in heaven, take comfort from that...These days people tell me they see him in me, he was intelligent, loved reading books(The only person I know who has read the bible from cover to cover,despite not believing in it, I think he has also read the Qu'ran, Book of Mormon and the Jewish Torah) and liked history and I am the same, although I am not an avid book reader Big Grin
(23 Aug 2014, 8:39 pm)marxistafozzski wrote [ -> ]I will never forget when my old granddad, he only went into hospital for a blood transfusion and died from an aneurysm(is that the correct spelling), I nipped outside for a cigarette and to phone my mother to tell her to come pick me up on her way from from work. Next thing I know, some little woman who was visiting her relative came fleeing and told me to come back inside, saying 'something is not right, the doc wants you' pretty obvious what was going on, I was quickly ushered into a side office where a doctor completely destroyed me and treat me like something on the sole of his shoe because I was screaming at him and banging my fists about, I was in a situation where there was only one person in the world I wanted at that point, the only person we know we can turn to in times of need for unconditional love and support, I have never been so pleased to see my mother walk into a room, I may as well have a baby that day, given how fragile and vulnerable I must have been feeling, there is no love like a mothers love...

I have often wondered why in times of need, the one person we cry for is our mothers, ya think it is just because a mother has the right touch to help there kids...

So Marcus, it has been a few months now, things will get better, I promise you that, over time your wounds will heal, you will obviously never fully get over, I haven't and it is 9 years in September for my old granddad, after his funeral, I went to bed that night and stayed in my room till December, only coming when I had to and lost a lot of weight in the process...

At least your nan and granddad are reunited in heaven, take comfort from that...These days people tell me they see him in me, he was intelligent, loved reading books(The only person I know who has read the bible from cover to cover,despite not believing in it, I think he has also read the Qu'ran, Book of Mormon and the Jewish Torah) and liked history and I am the same, although I am not an avid book reader Big Grin

With my grandad it was really sudden. He had a cerebral hemmerage and that devastated me. I didn't even get to speak to him before he died, and that upset me.
I'm much better than I was last year now, and I deal with it. Thankfully my grandma is still here though Smile
(23 Aug 2014, 8:39 pm)marxistafozzski wrote [ -> ]I will never forget when my old granddad, he only went into hospital for a blood transfusion and died from an aneurysm(is that the correct spelling), I nipped outside for a cigarette and to phone my mother to tell her to come pick me up on her way from from work. Next thing I know, some little woman who was visiting her relative came fleeing and told me to come back inside, saying 'something is not right, the doc wants you' pretty obvious what was going on, I was quickly ushered into a side office where a doctor completely destroyed me and treat me like something on the sole of his shoe because I was screaming at him and banging my fists about, I was in a situation where there was only one person in the world I wanted at that point, the only person we know we can turn to in times of need for unconditional love and support, I have never been so pleased to see my mother walk into a room, I may as well have a baby that day, given how fragile and vulnerable I must have been feeling, there is no love like a mothers love...

Thanks for that, Fozz. I suppose I sometimes don't appreciate my mam, and that's something I feel bad about. I don't see my dad much, because he's some kind of Head of Purchasing at Cummins in Daventry, but he makes about 3 times as much as my mam, and to be honest, he's the one who gives me and my family everything that we don't appreciate.
(23 Aug 2014, 8:51 pm)Marcus wrote [ -> ]Thanks for that, Fozz. I suppose I sometimes don't appreciate my mam, and that's something I feel bad about. I don't see my dad much, because he's some kind of Head of Purchasing at Cummins in Daventry, but he makes about 3 times as much as my mam, and to be honest, he's the one who gives me and my family everything that we don't appreciate.

Agree with that - I don't appreciate her as much as she does most of the stuff for me.
My dad obviously makes the money like.
(23 Aug 2014, 8:49 pm)Tom wrote [ -> ]With my grandad it was really sudden. He had a cerebral hemmerage and that devastated me. I didn't even get to speak to him before he died, and that upset me.
I'm much better than I was last year now, and I deal with it. Thankfully my grandma is still here though Smile

I remember the last time I saw my Grandad....

It was Saturday the 22nd March, and he had come out of the hospital on Wednesday the 19th March. I still didn't know exactly what was wrong with him. I just knew he wasn't well. My mam had been living in his bungalow with him, up in Pelton, and I was on my way back from Durham on a 21 when he rang me. He seemed his usual self (really talkative, nice and kind voice) and asked me if I wanted to come up. I thought for a minute, I had 2 options;

A) - Say no, and upset him. I would only say that because I wouldn't want to see him while he wasn't well.
B) - Say yes, and go up and see him.

I didn't want to upset him, so I just said 'yeah, yeah sure, I'll be about 20 minutes'. I hopped off the 21, and ran for the 8. I got up to his house, and said hello. My mam was sitting next to him on his bed, he was sitting in his armchair. I pulled out a Steak Bake, and told him I got him something to eat (I normally did this, and didn't know he actually couldn't eat much). He just shook his head. I sat on another chair, and we all watched the TV. After an awkward silence, my mam asked me where I had been on my travels. I joked about a bit and said I'd been to Darlington, and my grandad just smiled. Another 5 or so minutes went by of just the odd look. My grandad looked yellow (from the jaundice), and had lost a lot of weight.

I suddenly said I better go get the 13:22 back to Chester, and he put his hand out to me when I walked towards the door. I gave him a little high five, and he said 'Ta'ra Hinny'. That was the last time I ever heard his voice. I walked out the door, and looked back. He was looking at me, and I said 'see you later'. He then winked at me and I walked out of Thornton's Close, and to Pelton Bridge bus stop. I sat at the bus stop, and thought. I knew he was dying, by that point. Tears began to form in my eyes, and I couldn't help but think about that scene from Family Guy, where Brian was on the operating table while he was dying, and said 'you've given me a wonderful life, I love you all'. Thing is, he came back - my grandad didn't.

I've never been sure how he died. My mam just told me he went in his sleep, but my grandma (my dad's mam) said that she told me he (and I don't want anyone to take the piss, he was dying and couldn't help it - he could barely move, he was practically in a coma, expect he could open his eyes and say a few words) soiled himself, and when the nurses came, they tried to lift him out of his chair to wash him. They lifted him up, and his head just fell back. He was gone........

Only thing I can ever say to anyone with a relative who they love, cherish your time with them. All I want to do is go to Gregg's, get on a Lime and go up to see him and watch the horse racing with him while he sits in his armchair.