North East Buses

Full Version: Whats made you happy today?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(16 Sep 2015, 10:59 am)BusLoverMum wrote [ -> ]I do find Dell's delivery rather frustrating. For what it costs, I'd expect DPD style to the hour time slots, but instead, it's a wait in all day or else it goes back to the depot jobby.

We tend to use the outlet for ours. I have a rather swish Latitude E5550 with full HD screen, backlit keyboard and so on, bought for a song.

To be fair UK Mail sent me a text this morning saying when it would be delivered in a set hour timeframe. It was originally estimated for a Friday delivery though so I'd resigned myself to the fact that is be at work anyway so it was a nice surprise this morning.
(16 Sep 2015, 11:33 am)tyresmoke wrote [ -> ]To be fair UK Mail sent me a text this morning saying when it would be delivered in a set hour timeframe. It was originally estimated for a Friday delivery though so I'd resigned myself to the fact that is be at work anyway so it was a nice surprise this morning.

If they've started using UK Mail, that's a definite improvement.
(16 Sep 2015, 9:32 am)tyresmoke wrote [ -> ]Well I've got my new laptop to play with this morning Smile Turned up 2 days early, nice one Dell!
Inspiron 15 5547 for anyone wondering. Taking a bit of getting used to over my old one but I'm liking it so far!

Enjoy. We use Dell kit at work, and the last few Latitude series laptops I've had, have all been spot on.
(16 Sep 2015, 6:10 pm)aureolin wrote [ -> ]Enjoy. We use Dell kit at work, and the last few Latitude series laptops I've had, have all been spot on.

Yes my last one was a Dell too - had it for about 7 years I reckon but the LCD screen has cracked on it. It was very tired anyway but has lasted about a year longer than I expected, just got the huge task of transferring things over now...
Husband has had to specify some Apple kit for development purposes at work. He felt a bit dirty as an habitual apple hater.

Big'un was made happy today, btw. And elderly friend of mine who drove buses wayyyyyyy back offered me a couple of isues of Buses magazine for him. Turns out we had one of them, as we found somewhere that actually sold it, but he's spent the evening poring through the one before and telling me factoids, making tables about the buses featured etc.

His birthday is coming up. Considering taking out a sub as his birthday present (as well as the obligatory Lego Advent Calender, since his birthday is December 1st!)
(16 Sep 2015, 9:32 am)tyresmoke wrote [ -> ]Well I've got my new laptop to play with this morning Smile Turned up 2 days early, nice one Dell!
Inspiron 15 5547 for anyone wondering. Taking a bit of getting used to over my old one but I'm liking it so far!

Took me almost a day to get used to my current one then it broke in February (due to faulty monitor) got my sisters old one temp. Until it broke due to upgrading to windows 10 then got my current one repaired wiped and now it's 100% up and running and now I can play Criminal Case without it crashing am now on case 53 of Pacific Bay (Death By Martini) currently almost done Chapter 1/3
After 5 phone calls to student finance, finally they have set my payments to: PAYMENTS SCHEDULED - only the college to accept me when i enroll on TUESDAY and i get paid a week later........ Tongue

Honestly, nothing but trouble once again, getting told 3 different things by 3 different people!
I've finally broken the back of the massive pile of paperwork I've had taunting me for the past 2 months. Just need to photocopy a load of stuff and then it'll be ready to send off.
(17 Sep 2015, 1:39 pm)BusLoverMum wrote [ -> ]I've finally broken the back of the massive pile of paperwork I've had taunting me for the past 2 months. Just need to photocopy a load of stuff and then it'll be ready to send off.

Well done, Big Grin 

I hate paperwork, i used to work in a nursery and my paperwork and photocopy pile was always in massive piles.........from... group planning, to individual planning, learning journal's...(which all had to be done every week) and sorting out everything i needed for the day/week.......... such as nappy/sleeping sheets (everyday),  book for the child to take home at end of the day and the menu for the week.... haha
Got all my objectives new camera new shirt new hoodie which I will feel like Wade Herbet from GTA V where he worn hoodies and now am chilling to Ellie Goulding its that song which features Calvin Harris "Outside"
(17 Sep 2015, 6:49 pm)Diamond One wrote [ -> ]Got all my objectives new camera new shirt new hoodie which I will feel like Wade Herbet from GTA V where he worn hoodies and now am chilling to Ellie Goulding its that song which features Calvin Harris "Outside"

The video makes it... Ellie Goulding...  Heart

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9NQFACZYEU
(17 Sep 2015, 6:52 pm)aureolin wrote [ -> ]The video makes it... Ellie Goulding...  Heart

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9NQFACZYEU

Like all of her songs even Calvin Harris he did a few decent remixes
(17 Sep 2015, 7:52 pm)Diamond One wrote [ -> ]Like all of her songs even Calvin Harris he did a few decent remixes

Ellie's voice is amazing. Not a huge fan of that sort of chart music, but I've quite often got some of her tracks on my play lists.

Calvin Harris is a decent producer too. If I had to pick tracks, I'd say his remix of Florence + The Machine's 'Spectrum', and Rihanna's 'We Found Love' are my favourite.
(17 Sep 2015, 1:38 am)Diamond One wrote [ -> ]Took me almost a day to get used to my current one then it broke in February (due to faulty monitor) got my sisters old one temp. Until it broke due to upgrading to windows 10 then got my current one repaired wiped and now it's 100% up and running and now I can play Criminal Case without it crashing am now on case 53 of Pacific Bay (Death By Martini) currently almost done Chapter 1/3

I love how you pretty much tell a story or go a bit deep into your activities in most of your posts...You probably got a story for everthing and nothing, lol...Kinda like me, I am quite intellgent and know loads of stuff about nowt in particular...

Not having a dig by the way Bazza, but you do make me chuckle at times Smile
Something good happened in Murton yesterday, which proves there are still plenty good humans in the World...

A young lad who lived near me died last week with either muscular dystrophy or cerebal Palsy, only 18/19 as well...

Anyway, of course death is not good, but as the kid liked motorbikes and fast cars, an appeal was put on Facebook to turn out for his Funeral, in the end, there was a convoy to the Graveyard, which stretched for 1 mile... A couple of ferraris, Subaru Impezas, other modded cars, a small boat that has been converted to a car, a Tank Big Grin, loads of bikers, and the lads coffin  was carrying in a motorbike hearse...

Just thought it was a class act to give him the send off they did
(17 Sep 2015, 8:02 pm)aureolin wrote [ -> ]Ellie's voice is amazing. Not a huge fan of that sort of chart music, but I've quite often got some of her tracks on my play lists.

Calvin Harris is a decent producer too. If I had to pick tracks, I'd say his remix of Florence + The Machine's 'Spectrum', and Rihanna's 'We Found Love' are my favourite.
I like the remixes of Calvin Harris are Eat, Sleep, Rave, Repeat (Fat Boy Slim tune), Say My Name (florence and the machine) I got a few Calvin Harris CDs and all of Ellie Goulding when she releases her new one am getting it
MR FOZZ REACHES A MILESTONE

[Image: MrFozz5k.gif]
Currently on the Dart that's recently been transferred also as I want to get it to Blyth what's the best ticket to get believe its a day saver.
(19 Sep 2015, 9:26 am)DanPicken wrote [ -> ]Currently on the Dart that's recently been transferred also as I want to get it to Blyth what's the best ticket to get believe its a day saver.

Arriva All Zones: Child £5, Adult £7.70

Valid on all Arriva services.
(19 Sep 2015, 9:28 am)GX03 SVC wrote [ -> ]Arriva All Zones: Child £5, Adult £7.70

Valid on all Arriva services.

Thanks Tommy is there any other old Darts in service?