North East Buses

Full Version: Whats made you happy today?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just shows how much fun you can have when you have a day out with someone...haha!! Tongue
(28 Mar 2015, 6:01 pm)MarcTheA4 wrote [ -> ]Another highlight from today, whilst Dan and I were at Jesmond taking photos - Dan kept his cool while trying to inform two young ladies on good places to eat, to be asked the question (in regards to me) - ''does ya friend owa there have a bus fetish or something?''...while I took photos of Streetlites and an E400 in Jesmond. Big Grin

These two girls weren't from the area, and were staying at a hotel near Arriva's depot in Jesmond. I explained that most of the places to eat were within the City Centre, and that it's only 5 minutes away on the bus or Metro, and the two girls were having none of it. One of the girls didn't know what a Metro was, so I said, "it's like a small train". The other girl did know what a Metro was, and she explained it slightly different to me... "It's a yellow sweaty box". At this point in the conversation, one of the girls pointed out that I "sound like Cheryl Cole" - I don't know whether that should be taken as an insult or just a general remark about my accent! Tongue

Lost, the two girls proceeded to talk to me when they made their way up the road, asking if Marcus had a "bus fetish". I'd already finished taking my photos, and I was rather taken aback and didn't say anything to them!
(28 Mar 2015, 5:38 pm)aureolin wrote [ -> ]Pretty sure you were on the same X10 as us, coming back from Stockton's open day last year!

Ah so that was you Adrian, yes it was me on the X10.
(28 Mar 2015, 6:05 pm)MarcTheA4 wrote [ -> ]Just shows how much fun you can have when you have a day out with someone...haha!!
Got to say I like doing my own thing but I wouldn't mind having a travel companion especially if it was to places I've never been before and don't know although I'm sure you'd sharp get sick of me for either talking too much or not enough (Dan would say the latter).

Made that sound a bit needy and creepy.
(28 Mar 2015, 6:14 pm)Jimmi wrote [ -> ]Got to say I like doing my own thing but I wouldn't mind having a travel companion especially if it was to places I've never been before and don't know although I'm sure you'd sharp get sick of me for either talking too much or not enough (Dan would say the latter).

Made that sound a bit needy and creepy.

Hahaha.. I'm not sure, mind!

Marcus gave citaro5284 a run for his money today. Got something to say about everything! Tongue 
(28 Mar 2015, 6:19 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]Hahaha.. I'm not sure, mind!

Marcus gave citaro5284 a run for his money today. Got something to say about everything! Tongue 

I do like conversation...as I explained to you...haha! Tongue
(28 Mar 2015, 6:20 pm)MarcTheA4 wrote [ -> ]I do like conversation...as I explained to you...haha!
Something tells me you didn't need to explain that to him.
(28 Mar 2015, 6:25 pm)Jimmi wrote [ -> ]Something tells me you didn't need to explain that to him.
One day I complain about him not talking at all, next day I complain about him talking too much!

He showed himself at 10:20am... Worked out he was a good talker by 10:25am! Wink
(28 Mar 2015, 6:01 pm)MarcTheA4 wrote [ -> ]Another highlight from today, whilst Dan and I were at Jesmond taking photos - Dan kept his cool while trying to inform two young ladies on good places to eat, to be asked the question (in regards to me) - ''does ya friend owa there have a bus fetish or something?''...while I took photos of Streetlites and an E400 in Jesmond. Big Grin

Nevermind the Streetlites and E400. Did you not photograph the ladies? Wink
(28 Mar 2015, 6:32 pm)aureolin wrote [ -> ]Nevermind the Streetlites and E400. Did you not photograph the ladies? Wink

No, pair of slags! Tongue
(28 Mar 2015, 6:33 pm)MarcTheA4 wrote [ -> ]No, pair of slags! Tongue

The StreetLite and E400 or the lasses?  Big Grin
Let's not forget who bought lunch!! Tongue I had a corned beef pasty, Dan had a slice of pepperoni pizza - from Cooplands in Lanchester! Wink
(28 Mar 2015, 6:38 pm)MarcTheA4 wrote [ -> ]Let's not forget who bought lunch!! I had a corned beef pasty, Dan had a slice of pepperoni pizza - from Cooplands in Lanchester! Wink
Clearly I would be a terrible companion as I'd have made him buy his own lunch.
By the way everyone - Percy Main's Dennis Trident/East Lancs Lolyne 3866 (340 GUP) - now goes by the name ''guppy''. Everyone okay with that? Tongue...the boredom of 6113 brought that up!
(28 Mar 2015, 6:44 pm)Jimmi wrote [ -> ]Clearly I would be a terrible companion as I'd have made him buy his own lunch.
Well I'd have ordinarily bought it myself but Marcus offered! My turn next time. Wink
(28 Mar 2015, 6:46 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]Well I'd have ordinarily bought it myself but Marcus offered! My turn next time. Wink
Doesn't help I'm a fussy eater. If anyone went on an outing with me you'd probably slap me in frustration.
(28 Mar 2015, 6:46 pm)MarcTheA4 wrote [ -> ]By the way everyone - Percy Main's Dennis Trident/East Lancs Lolyne 3866 (340 GUP) - now goes by the name ''guppy''. Everyone okay with that? Tongue...the boredom of 6113 brought that up!

I always refer to that as "gob*****" as it was on the 19, and the driver was chatting away to a passenger. 
(28 Mar 2015, 5:25 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]Further to the above, I should add that my happy post for today should relate to the fact Marcus didn't ignore me when he saw me at Durham!

In fact, it was quite the opposite. I didn't recognise him, so I had assumed it was just a lad on the 21 sticking his thumb up to take the mick as I had my camera out, which meant I completely ignored the lad. It turned out to be Marcus, who revealed himself a few minutes later when I was on North Road roundabout taking photos!

Lucky it wasn't me, it may have been my arse, not a thumb
Wow. You really notice when the schools are off. Buses run on time and traffic moves more freely. At this rate the time taken to travel between Rowlands Gill and Gateshead will be less than half an hour. Shame it doesn't last!
Some or all schools in Sunderland are at school till Wedbesday/Thursday...

Last day at uni for me on Tuesday then the easter holidays...Big Grin

Can't wait... i need these 2 weeks off!