North East Buses

Full Version: Whats made you happy today?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Was starting to walk down the stairs at school this morning and began to put my phone in my pocket, but somehow launched it out of my hand. I watched as it plummeted three floors, bounced between the sides of the staircases, and landed on the concrete floor below. 

After running down the stairs, I saw it at the bottom, screen down, and feared the worst. I picked it up to find not a scratch, and was working perfectly fine, phew!
That was so lucky!
My company for my night off is a bottle of smirnoff. After a rough night last night because of women it's going down a treat. May need a full English tomorrow!
Had an enjoyable day out in York today.

Was over the moon that I managed to catch some brand new buses a new addition to the Reliance fleet. Also got to meet some new faces whilst I was over there.
Took a ride on 542
I managed to get a cheap ticket with Crosscountry trains at 6am this morning. £5 return from Bristol Parkway to Cheltenham. Whilst in Cheltenham I decided to have my first Stagecoach Gold journey on route 94 to Gloucester. I returned to Cheltenham on route 10. The rail service back to Bristol Parkway was provided by Great Western Railway via Gloucester. All in all a decent day out.
After an awful Streetlite journey, 7529 was waiting for me at Alnwick. It felt so good to be on an E400!

When I arrived home, I discovered that Amazon deliver on Sundays and my order had arrived three days earlier than expected.

I also discovered 'Lasagne Pies' at a butchers yesterday! A pretty good weekend everything considered Big Grin
I am very happy, I have been to the Metrocentre bus rally, played around in 7603's cab and now my dad has booked my second trip abroad next year to Crete. I am hoping to go to Barcelona with my school next year and I am yet to book my third trip abroad with my Grandparents to either Portugal, Catalonia, Kos, Corfu or Bulgaria
(01 May 2016, 2:41 pm)NK53 TKT wrote [ -> ]I am very happy, I have been to the Metrocentre bus rally, played around in 7603's cab and now my dad has booked my second trip abroad next year to Crete. I am hoping to go to Barcelona with my school next year and I am yet to book my third trip abroad with my Grandparents to either Portugal, Catalonia, Kos, Corfu or Bulgaria
You live quite the jetset lifestyle [FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY]

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
Finally got a chance to update my CV, first time I've updated it since last June, had loads to add on Tongue.
(02 May 2016, 12:22 pm)MrFozz wrote [ -> ]You live quite the jetset lifestyle [FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY]

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

I wish it was quite as it seems Tongue 
I feel I need to go away more but next year I only have Crete and Jamaica booked
If you can cast your minds back to last November when I said I was starting a permeant job with Yodel m and things didn't go right. Well, at 1am this morning that all changed and I am now officially a permeant employee with Yodel.

Even better, my role is Monday shift work plus holiday and sick cover. So, I finished at quarter to 8 this morning and I'm not back at work until 1am next Monday. This is my kind of job.
(03 May 2016, 9:41 am)Kuyoyo wrote [ -> ]If you can cast your minds back to last November when I said I was starting a permeant job with Yodel m and things didn't go right. Well, at 1am this morning that all changed and I am now officially a permeant employee with Yodel.

Even better, my role is Monday shift work plus holiday and sick cover. So, I finished at quarter to 8 this morning and I'm not back at work until 1am next Monday. This is my kind of job.

Congrats on the new job - hopefully it gets your foot in the door for something a bit more full time?

Hope you've arranged cover for Stockton High Street in your absence!
(03 May 2016, 11:30 am)Dan wrote [ -> ]Congrats on the new job - hopefully it gets your foot in the door for something a bit more full time?

Will go full time over Christmas.

As for Stockton, you will notice more variety in the coming weeks. Today - well, I've now been awake for 28 hours without sleep but I still have other places to go this afternoon Wink
(03 May 2016, 9:41 am)Kuyoyo wrote [ -> ]If you can cast your minds back to last November when I said I was starting a permeant job with Yodel m and things didn't go right. Well, at 1am this morning that all changed and I am now officially a permeant employee with Yodel.

Congrats. So you only do a Monday unless they urgently need cover or whatever?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Congrats. Big Grin

(03 May 2016, 11:30 am)Dan wrote [ -> ]Congrats on the new job - hopefully it gets your foot in the door for something a bit more full time?

It's better than Cling On Corner! Tongue
(03 May 2016, 11:38 am)Adrian wrote [ -> ]Congrats. So you only do a Monday unless they urgently need cover or whatever?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Indeed, saves them using agency staff for cover. The full time staff aren't contacted to work Mondays so they are on overtime rates if they wish to work. Due to the Bank Holiday I worked this morning in lieu.
(03 May 2016, 11:42 am)Kuyoyo wrote [ -> ]Indeed, saves them using agency staff for cover. The full time staff aren't contacted to work Mondays so they are on overtime rates if they wish to work. Due to the Bank Holiday I worked this morning in lieu.

So today was effectively a 'rare working' for you then... Tongue

In all seriousness, congrats on the new job. Hope it works out well.
I now have another holiday booked, this time to Corfu in July 2017
The preview of Battlefield 1 - it shows Call Of Duty up on so many levels!, its going back to WW1, With blimps, BI-planes, none of this lock on stuff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c7nRTF2SowQ

Not game play just a cinematic (Just like many other games!)