North East Buses

Full Version: Whats made you happy today?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(17 Feb 2015, 10:40 am)Andreos1 wrote [ -> ]Speaking of Stanley, have they caught the arsonist or arsonists seemingly intent on burning the place down?
Heard there had been a spate of attacks around East Stanley over the weekend.
Durham Police arrest man after Stanley Estate fires

A man has been arrested in connection with a spate of suspected arson attacks in County Durham.

Five fires were started on the Poets Estate in Stanley between 03:00 and 05:00 GMT on Saturday.

An 84-year-old woman is said to be in a stable condition in hospital after suffering from the effects of smoke inhalation.

A 26-year-old man from the Stanley area has been arrested and bailed on suspicion of arson.

Supt Kerrin Smith said: "Fortunately no-one was more seriously injured in these attacks, but it could have been much worse.

"We are asking that people remain vigilant, both for themselves but also on behalf of their neighbours, and that they report any concerns to police immediately."
(17 Feb 2015, 10:44 am)MrFozz wrote [ -> ]Durham Police arrest man after Stanley Estate fires

Would love to know what makes someone do things like that.
Indulging myself on a B10BLE....4899 on the 8 all the way from Sunderland to Chester.
(17 Feb 2015, 10:52 am)Andreos1 wrote [ -> ]Would love to know what makes someone do things like that.
I know...

Someone must be seriously unhinged to do that...

I have lit fires in the past, but I have never purposely endangered life nor would I ever dream of it...Mind you I have nearly burnt my house down on 2 occasions by accident
(17 Feb 2015, 9:11 am)mb134 wrote [ -> ]Compared to other places in the area, I find Bedlington one of the best on my visits there. When I was there in the summer I had to walk to the main street to catch my X21 to get me (partly) back home, and I felt a lot safer than I occasionally do in some places during the day.

I generally find Morpeth and Bedlington better than Ashington and Blyth, Morpeth because it seems quite posh, and Bedlington because of it's quietness compared to the others. 

I've heard Jesmond is meant to be one of the poshest areas in Newcastle.

One of the humanities teachers at my school is really posh, born in 'Cambridgeshire' (her words, not mine) and she said when she came up to Newcastle to study history - she picked a house in Jesmond as it seemed sure a nice area.
(17 Feb 2015, 10:56 am)MarcTheA4 wrote [ -> ]I've heard Jesmond is meant to be one of the poshest areas in Newcastle.

One of the humanities teachers at my school is really posh, born in 'Cambridgeshire' (her words, not mine) and she said when she came up to Newcastle to study history - she picked a house in Jesmond as it seemed sure a nice area.
Isn't Jesmond popular with students
On my second Renown of the day - 4904 on the 78 from Chester to Stanley! Big Grin
(17 Feb 2015, 11:58 am)MarcTheA4 wrote [ -> ]On my second Renown of the day - 4904 on the 78 from Chester to Stanley! Big Grin

Any Olympians yet? Smile
(That was your plan wasn't it?)
(17 Feb 2015, 11:58 am)MarcTheA4 wrote [ -> ]On my second Renown of the day - 4904 on the 78 from Chester to Stanley! Big Grin
3832 is/was on the 1005 43 from Newcastle, if that helps for an Olympian.
(17 Feb 2015, 12:07 pm)mb134 wrote [ -> ]Any Olympians yet? Smile
(That was your plan wasn't it?)

(17 Feb 2015, 12:09 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]3832 is/was on the 1005 43 from Newcastle, if that helps for an Olympian.

mb134 - I'll just get to Stanley and see if there are any out in service. Big Grin

Thanks Dan. Smile I'll keep an eye out for her. Don't think I've been on 3832 since it was loaned to Chester for a scholars run on the 887 in Y7!
(17 Feb 2015, 12:18 pm)MarcTheA4 wrote [ -> ]mb134 - I'll just get to Stanley and see if there are any out in service. Big Grin

Thanks Dan. Smile I'll keep an eye out for her. Don't think I've been on 3832 since it was loaned to Chester for a scholars run on the 887 in Y7!
Hope you're taking notes on these journeys to speed up your review process at the end of the day Wink  
(17 Feb 2015, 12:21 pm)mb134 wrote [ -> ]Hope you're taking notes on these journeys to speed up your review process at the end of the day Wink  

Haha yeah. I'm glad I'm almost finished on 4904, 2-3 mins and I'm at Stanley! It can't pick up any speed and was like a snail going through the countryside! Don't get me wrong, I love B10BLEs; but this one isn't the best! Wink
Got a really friendly driver on the 34. Smile
Nothing nicer in this world that a steaming hot Sausage Bean & Cheese Melt from Gregg's!

What does anyone else go for when they visit Gregg's? Smile
(17 Feb 2015, 1:33 pm)MarcTheA4 wrote [ -> ]Nothing nicer in this world that a steaming hot Sausage Bean & Cheese Melt from Gregg's!

Tuna Crunch, Cornish Pasty, Chicken Bake or a Cheese & Onion Pasty.
(17 Feb 2015, 1:33 pm)MarcTheA4 wrote [ -> ]Nothing nicer in this world that a steaming hot Sausage Bean & Cheese Melt from Gregg's!

I prefer Mince Pies, Corned Beef Pasties, And a good old Mackem Dummy, normally get one of those with a Tuna Mayo or a Cheese Savoury Half Stottie Sarnie and a bottle of Lucozade
(17 Feb 2015, 1:38 pm)MrFozz wrote [ -> ]I prefer Mince Pies, Corned Beef Pasties, And a good old Mackem Dummy, normally get one of those with a Tuna Mayo or a Cheese Savoury Half Stottie Sarnie and a bottle of Lucozade

(17 Feb 2015, 1:36 pm)danpick wrote [ -> ]Tuna Crunch, Cornish Pasty, Chicken Bake or a Cheese & Onion Pasty.

The Sausage, Bean & Cheese Melt is always my personal favourite, but after I tend to go for a Steak Bake or a Chicken Bake. Gone are the days of the Cheese or Corned Beef Pasty!

Problem with the Steak Bakes - is when they're fresh they're really nice, but sometimes the meat can be really hard and just generally not nice...
Corned Beef pasty for me.

Also love Greggs jam doughnuts.

Have to agree with you there, love them! Try to buy one before school to have at lunch, I don't mind that it's a bit cold Big Grin 
(17 Feb 2015, 1:47 pm)mb134 wrote [ -> ]Have to agree with you there, love them! Try to buy one before school to have at lunch, I don't mind that it's a bit cold Big Grin 

Agreed. I think it's probably one of the only pasties they do that are nice both hot and cold. Wink