North East Buses

Full Version: Whats made you happy today?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(16 Dec 2016, 9:47 pm)Adrian wrote [ -> ]Fantastic news! Smile Is he looking forward to it?

He is utterly oblivious to it.

The transition process will be a long one!

(16 Dec 2016, 9:55 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]Glad he has the support he needs, sounds like a good school. Smile

I'm used to having no silence at work, try having 20+ 2-5 year olds haha

Terrifying. I'd be scared of stepping on them.
Looks like somebody will be invading Go North East's marketing department in June. Very happy indeed Smile
(22 Dec 2016, 4:44 pm)S813 FVK wrote [ -> ]Looks like somebody will be invading Go North East's marketing department in June. Very happy indeed Smile

Congratulations Smile. Is this for work-experience or is it a full-time position? Either way, well done. Just don't do anything too drastic with the route branding.....  Tongue
(22 Dec 2016, 4:59 pm)Simmy wrote [ -> ]Congratulations Smile. Is this for work-experience or is it a full-time position? Either way, well done. Just don't do anything too drastic with the route branding.....  Tongue

Thank you, it is appreciated Smile Its just work experience at the minute but I would hope that having experience at the company could allow me to develop it into a full time position post-Sixth Form since I have no intention of going to University.

I will certainly be preparing a list of suggestions that I could put forward - whether they would necessarily put any thought into them is another matter Tongue
(22 Dec 2016, 4:44 pm)S813 FVK wrote [ -> ]Looks like somebody will be invading Go North East's marketing department in June. Very happy indeed Smile

Very well done. What will your job actually involve then as I guess there are loads of aspects to marketing.
(22 Dec 2016, 9:32 pm)Tom wrote [ -> ]Very well done. What will your job actually involve then as I guess there are loads of aspects to marketing.

Thank you. I have no idea what it will involve yet but I will need to py them a visit anyway to get the necessary forms filled out although I should be pretty comfortable with whatever is thrown at me given that I have done and I am doing marketing based units at school now.

Nice one, well done Big Grin

At least you'll have one familiar face there!  Tongue
(23 Dec 2016, 7:46 am)Dan wrote [ -> ]At least you'll have one familiar face there!  Tongue

Oh no! I didn't think of that Tongue
This Flickr Photo ended up on the flickr.com/explore page and has given me loads of views / faves for a pretty average photo. Never even realized photos went on that page until today when it went from 70 views to nearly 3000.  Big Grin
Getting my car insurance under the £300 mark. Next stop under £200.

Some folks get it for nowt with these cashback sites and vouchers. Not sure how they wangle it like.
(31 Jan 2017, 7:40 pm)Andreos1 wrote [ -> ]Getting my car insurance under the £300 mark. Next stop under £200.

Some folks get it for nowt with these cashback sites and vouchers. Not sure how they wangle it like.

My next stop is under four figures, hopefully...
(31 Jan 2017, 7:40 pm)Andreos1 wrote [ -> ]Getting my car insurance under the £300 mark. Next stop under £200.

Lower than Husband's, but he drives a fairly big car (long wheelbase estate/tourer rather than gas guzzling 4WD)
New buss pass has come today

Sent from my iPhone 7+ using Tapatalk
http://www.thepoke.co.uk/2016/02/02/stor...hilarious/

In an era of 'fake news', I dont know whether or not this is fake. I just hope it isn't
I had a day out around Nottingham & Derby on Saturday and what struck me was just how happy and pleasant every driver was. I don't want to pretend Trent Barton are God's gift to the bus industry, but I do think their customer service focused stratagy has forced others to up their game in the region too. I rode with Trent, Arriva, Nottingham City & Nottingham Community Transport  all the drivers were cheery and friendly. Conversely, the old folk I encountered around there were mean spirited and had a nasty sense of entitlement. Maybe they're still sore about getting hoofed off the Red Arrow. 

Nottinghamshire & Derbyshire seem to be doing quite well for bus services. Maybe it's down to the mix of operator style: large commercial (Welglade/Trent Barton), municipal (Nottingham City), independent (Your Bus), non-profit(Nottingham Community) & multi-national (Arriva). It seems competition works best when each operator has different goals. When, as per the NE, you really only have 3 massive corporations with shareholders to please - territories are divided up, monopolies are formed and competition is kept as low as possible.
Just seen the upcoming GNE changes and discovered that the 21 will run 10 minutes later than they currently do on journeys from Durham Bus Station on Sundays which is fantastic news for me as at present I have a 28 minute gap between the 7 arriving in Durham and the next 21 departing, this will now cut my waiting times down to just 8 minutes.

Also I very much enjoyed seeing Green Day at Manchester Arena last night, currently on the train back to Darlington now.

In fact, for about the last week I've actually been in a rather good mood for some reason, no idea why considering not much different has happened and a few things that would normally annoy me have occurred and it hasn't bothered me at all.
Finally have become reliably mediocre/good at night pictures.
[Image: 32484902500_0a6b12da8a_k.jpg](Go North East) NL63XBC,D / 5372,3 - Wright Streetlite by Jamie MP, on Flickr
[Image: 32031770923_2ab0aef45f_k.jpg](Go North East) NK11HDN / 8329 - Optare Versa by Jamie MP, on Flickr

Compared to just over a month ago:
[Image: 31751154132_834e65153c_k.jpg](Go North East) YN04GJG / 6133 on service 21. by Jamie MP, on Flickr
[Image: 31919557406_fac5707ad4_k.jpg]20161227_210818 by Jamie MP, on Flickr

Hopefully the difference is clear. I'm certainly aware of it and I'm even proud of some of the work I've produced.
Have been told I will be on Work Experience to Heaton TMD in May for Engineering and other things, Just after I come back from holiday.

Looking forward to the coming weeks.
(13 Feb 2017, 4:26 pm)South Tyne Lad wrote [ -> ]Have been told I will be on Work Experience to Heaton TMD in May for Engineering and other things, Just after I come back from holiday.

Looking forward to the coming weeks.

Nice, well done, first step in to the real world!, but it all goes down hill from the moment you leave school Tongue