North East Buses

Full Version: Whats made you happy today?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(12 Jan 2016, 5:54 pm)DanPicken wrote [ -> ]93S?
Yep. With 563 on the CB1 I'm spoilt for choice. Big Grin
(12 Jan 2016, 5:59 pm)Davie wrote [ -> ]Yep. With 563 on the CB1 I'm spoilt for choice. Big Grin

563 should be on Asda Shuttles with 8260 on CB1.
(12 Jan 2016, 6:30 pm)DanPicken wrote [ -> ]563 should be on Asda Shuttles with 8260 on CB1.

Correct but 563 was indeed on the CB1 today though.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/adammalarkey/23710513914/
(12 Jan 2016, 6:33 pm)S813 FVK wrote [ -> ]Correct but 563 was indeed on the CB1 today though.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/adammalarkey/23710513914/

It was parked at Gateshead metro at about 8.15 this morning. Wish i'd had my camera on me.

Charles
First time doing our S1 Teesside Park shuttle bus today! Shame it wasn't very busy this afternoon. On the plus side I did clear 2807 for cabbage this morning, on the 7s.
(16 Jan 2016, 8:10 pm)tyresmoke wrote [ -> ]First time doing our S1 Teesside Park shuttle bus today! Shame it wasn't very busy this afternoon. On the plus side I did clear 2807 for cabbage this morning, on the 7s.

Oh, gawd. More giggles.

Funnily enough, while on the X67, earlier, I spotted a Stagecarriage 87 and Big'un thouht I'd said Stagecabbage Rolleyes
(16 Jan 2016, 9:20 pm)BusLoverMum wrote [ -> ]Oh, gawd. More giggles.

Funnily enough, while on the X67, earlier, I spotted a Stagecarriage 87 and Big'un thouht I'd said Stagecabbage Rolleyes

Haha well he was close. Definitely some cabbages in Stockton judging by the state of some people!
Just been reading a few websites and learnt that one of my local routes in Bristol, the 72, will be receiving 2 ADL E400MMC Virtual Electric buses. It would have been good if they bought 4 E400MMCs as there are 4 x 72 boards, however it will be good to see something other than darts running the service. Not doing too bad for investment in the Horfield area, first of all new Streetdecks for the 70/71, then these new E400MMCS. The 73 has B9s so can't complain about them  Tongue . 
One of my Notts and Derby photos I took in Derby on New Years Eve will be used in Buses Magasine
(17 Jan 2016, 7:04 pm)LeeCalder wrote [ -> ]One of my Notts and Derby photos I took in Derby on New Years Eve will be used in Buses Magasine

Because you sent it in... lol How much do you get paid?

Steven Hodgson's Haymarket/Eldon Square shots are in every issue, I'll make sure that I cancel my monthly subscription to that drivel before it gets despatched....
(18 Jan 2016, 8:40 am)GX03 SVC wrote [ -> ]Because you sent it in... lol How much do you get paid?

Steven Hodgson's Haymarket/Eldon Square shots are in every issue, I'll make sure that I cancel my monthly subscription to that drivel before it gets despatched....

I didn't send it in, i relieved an email asking if they could use the photo, because no one has supplied any photos of the recent purchases off Nottingham City Transport.
(18 Jan 2016, 12:58 pm)LeeCalder wrote [ -> ]I didn't send it in, i relieved an email asking if they could use the photo, because no one has supplied any photos of the recent purchases off Nottingham City Transport.

Out of curiosity, how much do you get per shot?
(18 Jan 2016, 5:01 pm)MurdnunoC wrote [ -> ]Out of curiosity, how much do you get per shot?

It depends on the photograph, and if you provide a story with it.

I have received payments of up to £40 in the past, when supplying photographs to the trade press.
(18 Jan 2016, 5:02 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]It depends on the photograph, and if you provide a story with it.

I have received payments of up to £40 in the past, when supplying photographs to the trade press.

Really? That much.

It could almost be classed as a second income if your shots regularly feature.
(18 Jan 2016, 5:03 pm)MurdnunoC wrote [ -> ]Really? That much.

It could almost be classed as a second income if your shots regularly feature.

Too right, lets hope people who claim 'state benefits' inform the relevant people of this extra money, after all it is income!

Better than going to work, day in and day out eh!
(18 Jan 2016, 5:19 pm)citaro5284 wrote [ -> ]Too right, lets hope people who claim 'state benefits' inform the relevant people of this extra money, after all it is income!

I'm just imagining adverts right now...

Do you want to earn pounds, pounds, pounds? Become a bus enthusiast and send in you're photos to various magazines and other forms of the trade press. You can earn upto £40 per photo and you can do it all from the comfort of Eldon Square Bus Station. So why not become a enthusiast today, it's easy!
Buses Magazine usually pays me around £12.50 per photo. Just had one published in the recent issue, so I'm not sure if the amount paid has changed.
(18 Jan 2016, 5:19 pm)citaro5284 wrote [ -> ]Too right, lets hope people who claim 'state benefits' inform the relevant people of this extra money, after all it is income!

I agree. After all, if you're fit enough to stand on a pavement all day in Newcastle (or other places like Cleveland or wherever) in hope of taking shots to make money, then surely you display the required level of fitness needed to take up paid employment.
(18 Jan 2016, 5:53 pm)MurdnunoC wrote [ -> ]I agree. After all, if you're fit enough to stand on a pavement all day in Newcastle (or other places like Cleveland or wherever) in hope of taking shots to make money, then surely you display the required level of fitness needed to take up paid employment.

The difficulty comes when someone is well enough to do that some days but not others. It's hard to hold down a job when you're functioning OK one day and wracked in pain the next, or when you do OK until something doesn't go to plan, at which point you're sent into a spin with an anxiety attack or migraine.
(18 Jan 2016, 6:02 pm)BusLoverMum wrote [ -> ]The difficulty comes when someone is well enough to do that some days but not others. It's hard to hold down a job when you're functioning OK one day and wracked in pain the next, or when you do OK until something doesn't go to plan, at which point you're sent into a spin with an anxiety attack or migraine.

But my point is that you often see the same people standing in the same places everyday.

I am not one to tar everyone with the same brush. Of course, there are those who are unable to maintain a steady level of functionality on daily basis. However, if you're prepared to pursue a hobby with the added bonus of getting paid on occasion while performing the same daily routine lasting several or more hours, then isn't that more or less the same as working? 

Is it not possible to apply the same set of transferable skills to the workplace?