North East Buses

Full Version: 2014-15 Football Season(Who will be the best North East Team)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(20 Nov 2013, 4:26 pm)Adam wrote [ -> ]If anyone isn't doing anthing tonight, Gateshead are playing Oxford United in the FA Cup 1st round replay. Kick off is at 7:45 at the International Stadium. Should be a very good match Smile

Hopefully they can get a win and stop conceding late goals!
Wonder if the game will go ahead?

The weather is horrendous, it is here in Sunderland

Rain,hail,thunder and lightening
(20 Nov 2013, 5:23 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]Wonder if the game will go ahead?

The weather is horrendous, it is here in Sunderland

Rain,hail,thunder and lightening

Gatesheads pitch is notoriously bad, can't see it going ahead myself...

In other news, Darlington were due to play Sunderland in a friendly tonight, which has now been called off
(20 Nov 2013, 5:45 pm)fozzovmurton wrote [ -> ]Gatesheads pitch is notoriously bad, can't see it going ahead myself...

In other news, Darlington were due to play Sunderland in a friendly tonight, which has now been called off

I don't really follow Gateshead but i do want them to go far, i like to see all the lower league teams go far in cups.

Good pointless friendly haha
(20 Nov 2013, 5:47 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]I don't really follow Gateshead but i do want them to go far, i like to see all the lower league teams go far in cups.

Good pointless friendly haha

Not for us it ain't, would have brought some much needed money, plus it would have served to give Sunderlands non-international players a run out after nearly a fortnight off Tongue

As for Gateshead, I'm not that fussed about them, but I do wish them all the best, and hope they reach the Football League eventually, hopefully we won't be trailing too far behind
Gateshead's match is OFF. Don't know when it'll be rearranged
(20 Nov 2013, 7:23 pm)Adam wrote [ -> ]Gateshead's match is OFF. Don't know when it'll be rearranged

No surprise there to be honest, would imagine it will be next week, isn't the Second Round in either 10 days or the weekend after
(20 Nov 2013, 10:59 pm)fozzovmurton wrote [ -> ]No surprise there to be honest, would imagine it will be next week, isn't the Second Round in either 10 days or the weekend after

It's been rearranged to be played in the first week of December. The exact date though is yet to be confirmed. BT Sport have said they will still show the game live.

The second round is the weekend of the 7th/8th December. Whoever wins between Gateshead and Oxford though, the match against Wrexham in the 2nd round will be on the Monday night so BT can show that game live as well.
Thats good, you's should make a canny penny from TV, get to the third round and happy days, laughing all the way bank if ya can get a good 3rd Round Draw
(20 Nov 2013, 11:49 pm)fozzovmurton wrote [ -> ]Thats good, you's should make a canny penny from TV, get to the third round and happy days, laughing all the way bank if ya can get a good 3rd Round Draw

haha hopfully. There's a good chance of us doing so.

The game has now been rearranged for Thursday 5th December. Kick off is still 7:45 and it'll still be live on BT Sport.

I think we're getting £33,000 odd for this match and then even more for the Wrexham match if we get through. Plus there's all the prize money so it'll be great to get a good run Smile
Good luck, I will be rooting for you guus
(22 Nov 2013, 7:28 am)fozzovmurton wrote [ -> ]Good luck, I will be rooting for you guus

thank you Smile
Soft penalty and their player (Williams) made the most of it.
Did it a few times throughout the game.

The offside with Larkin was very close and thought Marwood had won it near the end.

Very unlucky and Gateshead didn't deserve to loose.
(05 Dec 2013, 10:19 pm)andreos1 wrote [ -> ]Soft penalty and their player (Williams) made the most of it.
Did it a few times throughout the game.

The offside with Larkin was very close and thought Marwood had won it near the end.

Very unlucky and Gateshead didn't deserve to loose.

cannot agree more with you. Apparently, we had 75% possession and still lost. Unlucky is not the word. Robbed and cheated would be more suitable Sad
(05 Dec 2013, 11:30 pm)Adam wrote [ -> ]cannot agree more with you. Apparently, we had 75% possession and still lost. Unlucky is not the word. Robbed and cheated would be more suitable Sad

You can have all the possession in the world, it means nothing if you dont hit the onion sack...

Anyway, I read somewhere you were robbed, shame, I was hoping you guys would do well...Best of luck in the League for the rest of the campaign
(06 Dec 2013, 12:08 am)fozzovmurton wrote [ -> ]You can have all the possession in the world, it means nothing if you dont hit the onion sack...

Anyway, I read somewhere you were robbed, shame, I was hoping you guys would do well...Best of luck in the League for the rest of the campaign

Yeah I suppose so. We did everything but score.

Like you say though, we can now concrate on the league. We've got the FA Trophy as well. We're away to Eastleigh next Saturday for Round 2 Smile
Will be keeping an eye out for your results Wink
Howay the lads!

Man Utd may be shite this season, but we broke the hoodoo and eventually beat them at Old Trafford.

We can beat the likes of Man Utd and Spurs on the road, Chelsea at home - but lose to the likes of Swansea, Hull and Sunderland... It may be one of those seasons!
Kiiiiiiiiiiiiii

That's all.
(17 Dec 2013, 10:45 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]Kiiiiiiiiiiiiii

That's all.

Was it Birmingham who won the league cup and got relegated?
Can remember something similar happening to Wigan and Middlesbrough when they got to cup finals too... Wink