North East Buses

Full Version: 2014-15 Football Season(Who will be the best North East Team)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(25 Apr 2014, 6:20 pm)Adam wrote [ -> ]Gateshead's playing in a vitally important game against Cambridge United tomorrow. If we draw, we're in the play-offs. Atmosphere should be fantastic, so if you can, get yourselves down. Sunderland aren't playing until Sunday and Newcastle aren't playing until Monday, so let this be a valid reason to accommodate your Saturday football craving.

Kick off is at 5:30pm. There is a large number of people going, so get there as early as possible. The turnstiles open at 3:45pm.

Best of luck mate, quite a few permutations for tomorrow...

1 point guarantees it

*If you get beat 1-0, you got to hope Grimsby beat Braintree...
*If you get beat 1-0 and Braintree win you got to hope it is only 1-0 as your Goal Difference is +20, theres is +18

If you finish on equal points and equal GD, Gateshead takes it on Goals Scored, your currently on 70 goals compared to Braintrees 57...

Now, it looks like your Play-Off Opponents will be Cambridge, but beat them tomorrow and if Kidderminster beat Halifax it will be Grimsby...But it looks likely to be...

Gateshead v Cambridge
Halifax v Grimsby

Gateshead v Halifax would be a good final...

I cant make tomorrow, when is the play offs, I might try get to the play off home leg if I can...

[Image: y2uzenu8.jpg]

Pic of the top 8
(25 Apr 2014, 6:42 pm)marxistafozzski wrote [ -> ]I cant make tomorrow, when is the play offs, I might try get to the play off home leg if I can...

The play-offs, providing we get there, are next week. Below is taken from the club's website:

If Gateshead finish 3rd we will travel to either Halifax Town or Grimsby Town on Thursday with the second leg of the semi-final at the International Stadium on Sunday.

A 4th place finish will see Gateshead at home to Halifax or Grimsby on Thursday and away for the second leg on Sunday.

If we finish 5th then we will be at home to Cambridge United on Wednesday and away for the second leg on Sunday.

Both play-off semi-final second legs take place on Sunday week (4th May) with staggered kick-off times.
(25 Apr 2014, 7:01 pm)Adam wrote [ -> ]The play-offs, providing we get there, are next week. Below is taken from the club's website:

Guess i will miss the home leg, unless you finish third
They did it.
2-0 winners at home to Cambridge, with a crowd not far short of 3,000.

Excellent atmosphere and performance.

There seemed to be a bit of trouble on the far side between home and away supporters, but it was quickly stopped.

Fingers crossed Gateshead can get through to the final and push for league football!
I'm so pleased with this result.

Will Gateshead be the saviours of North Eastern football this season?

#daretodreamGateshead
Come on Gateshead!
(26 Apr 2014, 9:44 pm)AdamY wrote [ -> ]I'm so pleased with this result.

Will Gateshead be the saviours of North Eastern football this season?

#daretodreamGateshead

Was chatting with the eldest about how apart from his team,we have both lost interest in football this season, whether it is Newcastle or games on the telly.
However, we both agreed that going to see Gateshead regularly the last month or so has been enjoyable, entertaining and exciting.

The atmosphere has improved at each game too. Much better than in previous seasons.
(27 Apr 2014, 9:37 am)Andreos Constantopolous wrote [ -> ]Was chatting with the eldest about how apart from his team,we have both lost interest in football this season, whether it is Newcastle or games on the telly.
However, we both agreed that going to see Gateshead regularly the last month or so has been enjoyable, entertaining and exciting.

The atmosphere has improved at each game too. Much better than in previous seasons.

You should start watching some Northern League as well mate, it is a good standard...

Congrats to Gateshead, I hope they do themselves justice in the playoffs against Grimsby, home advantage in the second leg is a blessing hopefully, pleased to see Crowds are up, and it will only go one way if they win promotion, onwards and upwards...

Gary Mills has done what I thought would never be done, get Gateshead to within a whisker of the league, just getting to the playoffs is an achievement, if it dont happen this year, I am confident he will make an assault on the Division next season Big Grin

#heeddaretodream
(27 Apr 2014, 10:51 am)marxistafozzski wrote [ -> ]You should start watching some Northern League as well mate, it is a good standard...

Congrats to Gateshead, I hope they do themselves justice in the playoffs against Grimsby, home advantage in the second leg is a blessing hopefully, pleased to see Crowds are up, and it will only go one way if they win promotion, onwards and upwards...

Gary Mills has done what I thought would never be done, get Gateshead to within a whisker of the league, just getting to the playoffs is an achievement, if it dont happen this year, I am confident he will make an assault on the Division next season Big Grin

#heeddaretodream

Aye, there are some decent players - some who could/should play at a higher level. Apart from Mickey McKay who was at Hartlepool, there haven't been too many who have made the step up.
Used to get to a few games, had a few friends and family members play at that level.

Used to compete for Birtley AC, who shared facilities for Birtley Town for a bit too.
You find some players will play Northern League because they can earn more at say, Spenny Town Celtic Nation, Shildon or West than somewhere like Hartlepool or York...

It is the best league at it's level in the country and imo sits in a false position in the league system, it should be 2 steps higher than it is, which was the plan originally
(27 Apr 2014, 11:15 am)Andreos Constantopolous wrote [ -> ]Aye, there are some decent players - some who could/should play at a higher level. Apart from [b]Mickey McKay[b] who was at Hartlepool, there haven't been too many who have made the step up.
Used to get to a few games, had a few friends and family members play at that level.

Used to compete for Birtley AC, who shared facilities for Birtley Town for a bit too.

Where is Mickey these days, sure he was at Consett last season when I went up there to see Darlo
Great win for Sunderland!!! Big Grin
(27 Apr 2014, 1:00 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]Great win for Sunderland!!! Big Grin

Didn't watch the match but my mam's told me there's a great atmosphere around the SoL and all of my mates on Facebook have said it's the best game they've seen all season.
(27 Apr 2014, 1:00 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]Great win for Sunderland!!! Big Grin

Aye Michael, 4-0...

Must say this though, if they stop up, it wont be very deserved imo, they have been hopeless over the season...

#greatescapeison
(27 Apr 2014, 11:24 am)marxistafozzski wrote [ -> ]Where is Mickey these days, sure he was at Consett last season when I went up there to see Darlo

Not sure where he is at these days to be honest.
He was at Gateshead on loan for a season or two and he did go back to Consett when he got released by Hartlepool.
Title race has took a twist now, Chelsea just beat Liverpool

With Man city 6 points behind, 1 game in hand.

Its going down to the last game of the season, just hope the relegation battle does to

Be a brill last day of the season
Gus Poyet apparantly expects the sack if they go down and may leave anyway as he is supposedly unhappy at the way things are run upstairs...Some of his comments recently have been unusual, as if he is trying to talk his way out of a job...

Just have to wait and see I guess
And Jack Colback is supposedly leaving for Newcastle regardless of whether Sunderland's last-dash bid for Premiership survival is successful or not.
(27 Apr 2014, 5:50 pm)AdamY wrote [ -> ]And Jack Colbeck is supposedly leaving for Newcastle regardless of whether Sunderland's last-dash bid for Premiership survival is successful or not.

He is a lifelong Newcastle fan, coming from Killingworth...

The worst bit is, he can walk for nothing, I had heard Newcastle have been intrerested in him for a while...

I would like to see him stay at the SoL, but if he wants out, he knows where the door is, dont let it smack his arse on the way out
(27 Apr 2014, 5:50 pm)AdamY wrote [ -> ]And Jack Colback is supposedly leaving for Newcastle regardless of whether Sunderland's last-dash bid for Premiership survival is successful or not.
Would like to have him at Newcastle, might actually play for the badge not just the pay packet