North East Buses

Full Version: 2014-15 Football Season(Who will be the best North East Team)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(23 Jan 2014, 11:37 am)andreos1 wrote [ -> ]Nah, they have beaten us three times first game of the season, in the league cup at SJP in extra time and in the league just a fortnight or so ago, when Tiote had that goal ruled out for offside.

We have pushed them closer and closer each time, but haven't beaten them yet.

Oh aye, was that the game when Pards was going mental...The way there playing at the moment I cant see past them for the Premier League
(23 Jan 2014, 11:44 am)fozzovmurton wrote [ -> ]Oh aye, was that the game when Pards was going mental...The way there playing at the moment I cant see past them for the Premier League

That was the game.

However, on behalf of all Newcastle supporters around the world, I feel we should be congratulating the little team from the North East after their success last night.

They have worked extremely hard over the last few months and after they stuck in and showed great determination, Ant and Dec had a great evening at the National Television Awards!
(23 Jan 2014, 11:19 pm)andreos1 wrote [ -> ]That was the game.

However, on behalf of all Newcastle supporters around the world, I feel we should be congratulating the little team from the North East after their success last night.

They have worked extremely hard over the last few months and after they stuck in and showed great determination, Ant and Dec had a great evening at the National Television Awards!

:-O
It has been mentioned on here before about 3G/4G pitches(probably by me) Conference Clubs have voted against there use in the top 2 flights of non-League football at an EGM instigated by Maidstone United...

http://www.kentonline.co.uk/kentonline/s...hes-11991/

Bad call in my opinion it prevents clubs who want to be successful from achieving anything, look at Durham in 2008...
(31 Jan 2014, 12:37 pm)fozzovmurton wrote [ -> ]It has been mentioned on here before about 3G/4G pitches(probably by me) Conference Clubs have voted against there use in the top 2 flights of non-League football at an EGM instigated by Maidstone United...

http://www.kentonline.co.uk/kentonline/s...hes-11991/

Bad call in my opinion it prevents clubs who want to be successful from achieving anything, look at Durham in 2008...

Baffled by that decision. Surely it's ideal for that level of the pyramid, when clubs can't afford an army of groundsmen to upkeep the pitch.
(31 Jan 2014, 1:01 pm)aureolin wrote [ -> ]Baffled by that decision. Surely it's ideal for that level of the pyramid, when clubs can't afford an army of groundsmen to upkeep the pitch.

Exactamundo mate, but in the case of the Conference, they have no incentive for accepting all weather pitches, moreso the Skrill Premier Clubs, because the Football League are absolutely dead against 3G/4G, so I could see why teams like Luton or Wrexham would vote against it.

The irony is, UEFA allow Champions League Games to be played on 3G/4G and FIFA allow World Cup games on it as well...

I dont know who remembers the thing with Durham a few years ago, the FA only allowed 3G in certain competitions, I went to see them in the FA Cup at The Hetton Centre for a 'Home' Game against Histon, the next week they were allowed to play an FA Trophy game back at home...Though I understand now All weather pitches are allowed upto the 4th Qualifying Round in the FA Cup...

I think this can only hurt teams like Durham and Consett and also Maidstone, who are likely to suffer from this ruling this season...

The way the weather is in this country, it is definately worth thinking about, the number of postponements is madness these days, plus theres the advantage of using it as another source of income, it could be played on pretty much every day of the week...
(31 Jan 2014, 3:14 pm)fozzovmurton wrote [ -> ]Exactamundo mate, but in the case of the Conference, they have no incentive for accepting all weather pitches, moreso the Skrill Premier Clubs, because the Football League are absolutely dead against 3G/4G, so I could see why teams like Luton or Wrexham would vote against it.

The irony is, UEFA allow Champions League Games to be played on 3G/4G and FIFA allow World Cup games on it as well...

I dont know who remembers the thing with Durham a few years ago, the FA only allowed 3G in certain competitions, I went to see them in the FA Cup at The Hetton Centre for a 'Home' Game against Histon, the next week they were allowed to play an FA Trophy game back at home...Though I understand now All weather pitches are allowed upto the 4th Qualifying Round in the FA Cup...

I think this can only hurt teams like Durham and Consett and also Maidstone, who are likely to suffer from this ruling this season...

The way the weather is in this country, it is definately worth thinking about, the number of postponements is madness these days, plus theres the advantage of using it as another source of income, it could be played on pretty much every day of the week...

I was reading this on the BBC website this morning and my thoughts went back to a discussion we had on here.

Financially, it makes every sense installing a synthetic pitch for these sorts of clubs.
Durham (and now possibly Consett) make a lot of money hiring out their facilities to clubs and youth leagues, without any of the worry about the grass being churned up or water logged pitches.

The decision will cost Maidstone, just as it did Durham and as you saw at the Histon game, at that point, the only way for them - was up.
A vote like this cost Durham dearly. Hopefully it wont cause a mess down in Maidstone.
Bit of Transfer Deadline Day comedy. Tongue

[Image: 662qzAo.png]
(31 Jan 2014, 5:28 pm)andreos1 wrote [ -> ]I was reading this on the BBC website this morning and my thoughts went back to a discussion we had on here.

Financially, it makes every sense installing a synthetic pitch for these sorts of clubs.
Durham (and now possibly Consett) make a lot of money hiring out their facilities to clubs and youth leagues, without any of the worry about the grass being churned up or water logged pitches.

The decision will cost Maidstone, just as it did Durham and as you saw at the Histon game, at that point, the only way for them - was up.
A vote like this cost Durham dearly. Hopefully it wont cause a mess down in Maidstone.

The only down point for Maidstone they put an artificial pitch down knowing the Conference Rules, but you are right it will prevent waterlogging and postponements, the year it snowed for months(2010/11 I think), Durham were shit on big time, which saw them lose there sponsors and there first team went, with College Lads coming in at an average age of about 18/19...

I do and dont have sympathy with Maidstone, when they got promoted there ground was not up standard I think, so they shared with Dartford(I think) and they would not play a match in Maidstone for another 25 years after going bust in '92, I respect there resurgance, starting in Kent County League I think, probably equates to the Kent version of the Wearside League

On the flip side, I am unsympathetic on the fact they will have known the ruling about the pitch, Durham is the perfect example...

Hopefully one day common sense will prevail and they will amend the rules, it is not like the artificial pitches in the 80's which contributed to some nasty injuries and carpet burns from sliding tackles
I reckon it'll be 2-1 Newcastle tomorrow, what does everyone else predict?
(31 Jan 2014, 7:20 pm)Tom wrote [ -> ]I reckon it'll be 2-1 Newcastle tomorrow, what does everyone else predict?

Gonna be a good game, i'm going for 1-1 though
(31 Jan 2014, 7:22 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]Gonna be a good game, i'm going for 1-1 though

I think 1-0 Sunderland or 1 all, but Derby Games are like the Cup, unpredictable and the form book is thrown out
2-0 Sunderland, and that's from a Newcastle supporter.
(31 Jan 2014, 7:25 pm)aureolin wrote [ -> ]2-0 Sunderland, and that's from a Newcastle supporter.

=0, can i ask why?

As a Sunderland supporter i'm surprised at that prediction.
(31 Jan 2014, 7:28 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]=0, can i ask why?

It is a game where anything can happen, it is an interesting prediction

If I had told anyone back in March/April Sunderland would beat them 3-0 at The Landfill I would have been mocked and laughed at...
(31 Jan 2014, 7:33 pm)fozzovmurton wrote [ -> ]It is a game where anything can happen, it is an interesting prediction

If I had told anyone back in March/April Sunderland would beat them 3-0 at The Landfill I would have been mocked and laughed at...

haha same... didn't expect us to win 3-0 their last season

I'm expecting it to be a close game, you will miss Kebab but you still have good players...
(31 Jan 2014, 7:28 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]=0, can i ask why?

I just think we'll have zero attacking creativity on the day. There's only Sissoko that is capable of that, and who stands a chance of playing tomorrow. Cabaye is no more, Gouffran is out, and Ben Arfa will most likely start on the bench. There's going to be pressure on De Jong straight away to score goals, but I worry where that passage of play is going to come from. I reckon Pardew is likely to play a 4-3-3 on the day, and have Tiote, Anita and Sissoko in centre midfield. All three of which I can see spending 90 minutes behind the ball.
(31 Jan 2014, 7:37 pm)aureolin wrote [ -> ]I just think we'll have zero attacking creativity on the day. There's only Sissoko that is capable of that, and who stands a chance of playing tomorrow. Cabaye is no more, Gouffran is out, and Ben Arfa will most likely start on the bench. There's going to be pressure on De Jong straight away to score goals, but I worry where that passage of play is going to come from. I reckon Pardew is likely to play a 4-3-3 on the day, and have Tiote, Anita and Sissoko in centre midfield. All three of which I can see spending 90 minutes behind the ball.

Tiote is a good player but i hate him so much... his forehead is massive haha

De jong likely to start on the bench.

has Newcastle signed anyone else this window, apart from de jong?
(31 Jan 2014, 7:25 pm)aureolin wrote [ -> ]2-0 Sunderland, and that's from a Newcastle supporter.

Fearing the worst too