North East Buses

Full Version: 2014-15 Football Season(Who will be the best North East Team)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Que sera sera. Whatever will be will be. I'm going to Wembley. Que sera sera! Big Grin

Still hasn't sunk in yet. I'm feeling bloody excellent at the minute. Been celebrating with my family so I'm a tad drunk bit hey ho Smile
(04 May 2014, 10:25 pm)Adam wrote [ -> ]Que sera sera. Whatever will be will be. I'm going to Wembley. Que sera sera! Big Grin

Still hasn't sunk in yet. I'm feeling bloody excellent at the minute. Been celebrating with my family so I'm a tad drunk bit hey ho Smile

I am not speaking as a Darlington fan, I am speaking as a lover of football when I say congratulations, enjoy yourself and whatever the outcome, your team has done you proud...

See you soon my friend, hopefully when in league 2 ourselves Big Grin
(04 May 2014, 11:03 pm)marxistafozzski wrote [ -> ]I am not speaking as a Darlington fan, I am speaking as a lover of football when I say congratulations, enjoy yourself and whatever the outcome, your team has done you proud...

See you soon my friend, hopefully when in league 2 ourselves Big Grin

Thank you. Mills and the team have done a bloody grand job this year. As I'm sure you're aware, this is the first time Gateshead have been at Wembley, so all sorts of records have already been broken.

I really hope Darlington bounce back soon enough. I was gutted the other night when they got beat off Ramsbottom Sad
(04 May 2014, 11:19 pm)Adam wrote [ -> ]Thank you. Mills and the team have done a bloody grand job this year. As I'm sure you're aware, this is the first time Gateshead have been at Wembley, so all sorts of records have already been broken.

I really hope Darlington bounce back soon enough. I was gutted the other night when they got beat off Ramsbottom Sad

The good thing about Mills, he learnt from the best manager England never had, I am of course talking about Brian Clough when Mills was a player at Forest

I was more angry about the referee than the defeat(basically we were shite), some of his decisions were absolutely scandalous!!!

But we are still on course to achieve the goal set in 2012, get back home asap and 2 promotions in 3 years, so I am not too dissapointed as we are now on course to achieve both in the next 12 months Big Grin
(04 May 2014, 11:19 pm)Adam wrote [ -> ]Thank you. Mills and the team have done a bloody grand job this year. As I'm sure you're aware, this is the first time Gateshead have been at Wembley, so all sorts of records have already been broken.

Are you going to Wembley?
(05 May 2014, 8:37 am)Andreos Constantopolous wrote [ -> ]Are you going to Wembley?

How about you mate, will you make the trip
(05 May 2014, 8:38 am)marxistafozzski wrote [ -> ]How about you mate, will you make the trip

Very tempted.
Will see what happens tomorrow when the announcement is made about prices and allocations.
(05 May 2014, 8:47 am)Andreos Constantopolous wrote [ -> ]Very tempted.
Will see what happens tomorrow when the announcement is made about prices and allocations.

Sure it will be a good day out.

Is it on TV do you know, who has the Conference TV Package these days???
I'm also tempted by Wembley depending on how much it will all cost.

However, price isn't the only factor I have to consider. Although I'm off work on the 18th, I'm at a wedding on the 16th and, unfortunately, have work on the 17th finishing at 10pm. Also, it looks like I might have some sort of appointment on Monday 19th - so, if I go to down to London, it'll have to be a one-day affair rather than a two-day trip which would be my preference.
(05 May 2014, 9:20 am)AdamY wrote [ -> ]I'm also tempted by Wembley depending on how much it will all cost.

However, price isn't the only factor I have to consider. Although I'm off work on the 18th, I'm at a wedding on the 16th and, unfortunately, have work on the 17th finishing at 10pm. Also, it looks like I might have some sort of appointment on Monday 19th - so, if I go to down to London, it'll have to be a one-day affair rather than a two-day trip which would be my preference.

Nice meeting you yesterday btw mate...

Can be a bit of a drag doing LDN and back in a day, 3hrs on a train to LKX then using the tube and so on, sounds like a hectic schedule for you if you decide to go
Classic are already offering return coach travel for £35 as seen on their Facebook page. No doubt other operators will also get involved. Newmarket often offer London & match 2 day packages.
(05 May 2014, 9:24 am)marxistafozzski wrote [ -> ]Nice meeting you yesterday btw mate...

Can be a bit of a drag doing LDN and back in a day, 3hrs on a train to LKX then using the tube and so on, sounds like a hectic schedule for you if you decide to go

Nice meeting you too.

But yeah, I think my reservation is based upon the hectic schedule rather than cost. I doubt the actual ticket will cost that much (maybe £25-30?) and, as Tyresmoke notes, Classic are offering a £35 return coach which sounds quite reasonable.

However, since I'd like to do the trip in the quickest time possible, my travelling costs are going to be somewhat inflated if I decide to travel by train plus I have to factor in the price of the Tube (although I do have an Oyster Card) and then, to top it all off, the cost of a Purple Buzzfare so that I can get into Newcastle and back.
When you put it like that, it starts to mount up, what seems like a good idea becomes costly and lengthy...Me and my dad went to Cardiff in 2005 when my granddad decided to buy us play off final tickets for Hartlepool, we drove down and we were gone for 20 hours, set away about 5-6am and didnt get back till 1-2am the following morning, but we also had the hassle of having to park af Bristol Parkway, getting the train and having to change at Newport, that day killed me, I got home and slept for 36 hours straight...

Do Grand Central not have good deals on from Sunderland
Getting to Sunderland would add between 30-60 minutes each way onto my journey depending on what mode of transport I used.

The time added to my journey may seem trivial to some but it could mean the difference between getting the last bus back home from Newcastle or a costly taxi-fare back from Sunderland (which would probably be around £25).

I know which one I would rather choose!
(05 May 2014, 11:31 am)AdamY wrote [ -> ]Getting to Sunderland would add between 30-60 minutes each way onto my journey depending on what mode of transport I used.

The time added to my journey may seem trivial to some but it could mean the difference between getting the last bus back home from Newcastle or a costly taxi-fare back from Sunderland (which would probably be around £25).

I know which one I would rather choose!

Where u from mate, Gateshead or Newcastle...

I understand the problem you would have, is the playoff final gonna be on tv does anyone know?????
(05 May 2014, 12:24 pm)marxistafozzski wrote [ -> ]Where u from mate, Gateshead or Newcastle...

West West West Gateshead Big Grin
(05 May 2014, 12:36 pm)AdamY wrote [ -> ]West West West Gateshead Big Grin

Sounds like Murton, not easy to get to and from, I went to York with Darlo a few years ago and had to walk home from Durham as I only 97p to my name...

So for you to goto London sounds like a trek just to get to Newcastle or Sunderland Sad
(05 May 2014, 1:06 pm)marxistafozzski wrote [ -> ]So for you to goto London sounds like a trek just to get to Newcastle or Sunderland Sad

Using public transport, I would have to travel through either Newcastle or Gateshead to get to Sunderland which pretty much rules out that particular option. Getting into Newcastle is easy although the bus takes around 35-40 minutes depending on traffic.

Taking into consideration the potential for ET and Penalties (and of course travelling time), I imagine I would be leaving Kings Cross between 7 and 8. If the train takes approx 3hrs to get either Newcastle or Sunderland then I'd probably arriving somewhere between 10 and 11. The last bus home (from Newcastle) leaves at 11:15. In all probability, I'd be looking at a taxi home if I chose to travel to Sunderland. I suppose I could get a bus/train into Newcastle from Sunderland and get a taxi from there; but the fare is still around £15 from Newcastle.
(05 May 2014, 8:37 am)Andreos Constantopolous wrote [ -> ]Are you going to Wembley?

What a daft question to ask Tongue Yeah, I'm deffo going down

(05 May 2014, 9:12 am)marxistafozzski wrote [ -> ]Is it on TV do you know, who has the Conference TV Package these days???

I'm pretty sure BT will have it on.

Important to point out as well that there are engineering works happening on the ECML on May 18th. Therefore, all services to/from KGX will take an hour or so longer.
(05 May 2014, 2:00 pm)Adam wrote [ -> ]What a daft question to ask Tongue Yeah, I'm deffo going down

I'm pretty sure BT will have it on.

Important to point out as well that there are engineering works happening on the ECML on May 18th. Therefore, all services to/from KGX will take an hour or so longer.

Well theres a shock...NOT

Network Rail seems to do engineering work when there expecting a lot of people into LKX...It is as if they think 'we have not dug a hole or took up rails for a while, lets have a dig now'