North East Buses

Full Version: 2014-15 Football Season(Who will be the best North East Team)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(15 Mar 2015, 4:43 pm)Davie wrote [ -> ]If that was the case, why has nobody complained to me about it?

Calm down Kammy! All I'm saying is it gets a bit repetitive 
Full time results
Chelsea 1-1 Southampton
Everton 3-0 Newcastle
Manchester United 3-0 Tottenham
(15 Mar 2015, 5:51 pm)Davie wrote [ -> ]Full time results
Chelsea 1-1 Southampton
Everton 3-0 Newcastle

For those interested Ross Barkley scored the third for Everton 
(15 Mar 2015, 5:51 pm)Davie wrote [ -> ]Full time results
Chelsea 1-1 Southampton
Everton 3-0 Newcastle

Shocking team selection from Carver, why leave Perez and Cabella on the bench, but start Obertan and Gouffran?! 

This is what happens when you aim for midtable, no fight from any of the players, they don't try because they know they won't get anything extra for finishing higher, because that's not what Ashley wants. We don't even play entertaining football, look back at every match this season and ask if you've been entertained. I know I haven't, yes we beat Chelsea and Manchester City, but even in those games I was never "this is the best performance I've ever seen", I don't want to win 3/4-0 every week, I just want to see some passion and commitment. 
(15 Mar 2015, 6:10 pm)mb134 wrote [ -> ]Shocking team selection from Carver, why leave Perez and Cabella on the bench, but start Obertan and Gouffran?! 

This is what happens when you aim for midtable, no fight from any of the players, they don't try because they know they won't get anything extra for finishing higher, because that's not what Ashley wants. We don't even play entertaining football, look back at every match this season and ask if you've been entertained. I know I haven't, yes we beat Chelsea and Manchester City, but even in those games I was never "this is the best performance I've ever seen", I don't want to win 3/4-0 every week, I just want to see some passion and commitment. 

Carver is clueless. That's why we need a manager, and not a coach. 
(15 Mar 2015, 6:23 pm)aureolin wrote [ -> ]Carver is clueless. That's why we need a manager, and not a coach. 

The thing is Mike Ashley cannot be bothered to look for a good manager 
Because he will have to pay more
(15 Mar 2015, 6:23 pm)aureolin wrote [ -> ]Carver is clueless. That's why we need a manager, and not a coach. 

Exactly, his understanding of tactics is bad, starting with two strikers (I assume that's what he was going for anyway, otherwise he was playing Riviere as a winger, because his pre-match interview saw him say "When Yoan Gouffran signed for us it was as a centre-forward and he keeps telling me that, so he has an opportunity today") away at Everton, but frequently only starting with only one at home?

I know that in Europe they do opt for "coaches", not "managers", but if you are going to do that here, at least ensure they have a basic understanding of positions, tactics, and motivational techniques.
(15 Mar 2015, 6:46 pm)leestransportphotos wrote [ -> ]Because he will have to pay more

He has plenty he just doesn't want to spend it.
Exactly, he's a tight fisted *%^*
My last 'win' of the day relies on Real Madrid to score 3 against Levante. Hopefully something comes of it, seeing as my Chelsea, Spurs and Everton treble went balls up!
Are there any games on tonight?
Aye, Swansea v Liverpool at 8.
Cheers Tom, should be a cracking match.... 3-2 Swansea and Neil Taylor will score
(16 Mar 2015, 8:09 am)leestransportphotos wrote [ -> ]Cheers Tom, should be a cracking match[Image: arrow-10x10.png].... 3-2 Swansea and Neil Taylor will score

I reckon Liverpool will edge it - possibly 2-0 Liverpool?
Although I would like Swansea to win it Smile
I can see where your coming from. Chances are L'pool will win it, but like you say I want Swansea to win. Gary Monk has done an excellent job there
(16 Mar 2015, 8:18 am)leestransportphotos wrote [ -> ]I can see where your coming from. Chances are L'pool will win it, but like you say I want Swansea to win. Gary Monk has done an excellent job[Image: arrow-10x10.png] there

Yeah I do like Swansea.
Do we have to play Swansea or not? Not sure if we've played them twice or not.
NUFC have drew 2-2 at the Liberty but have to play them in April. SAFC have Drew 1-1 at the Liberty
(15 Mar 2015, 4:32 pm)leestransportphotos wrote [ -> ]Why not just give HT and FT scores? People don't want to have to trawl through hundreds of scores
Unbelievable Lee...Davie Stelling should keep it up...You would hate Darlo Uncovered message board, it is a like a vidiprinter on matchdays, giving the whole divisions results Big Grin

(15 Mar 2015, 4:41 pm)MarcTheA4 wrote [ -> ]I reckon Sunderland will get relegated.

They may be near the bottom here, but I imagine they'll be near the top there.

To be honest, whilst I am no football expert, I think if they're in a lower league, it can only be a good thing. Even if it means less money, etc., because look at it this way: a student would learn a lot better in Set 2 if they struggled in Set 1 at school.

Stop that Marcus, you don't know football...

That actually made me laugh, love the student comparison, yes a set 2 student may be better and near the top in 2nd set, but at least they get the chance to better themselves at 1st set, some take to it, some dont, Sunderland are kind of middle of the road, not too good at 1st set, but better than 2nd set.
Haha, The Heed forum isn't that bad