North East Buses

Full Version: 2014-15 Football Season(Who will be the best North East Team)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(19 May 2014, 8:31 pm)Andreos Constantopolous wrote [ -> ]Never noticed the Rossendale to be honest - mind, I was just hoping coach 7 wasn't the Kingsleys coach!

I was wondering how the services would have been picked.
Mates who have been to Wembley or Cardiff with Newcastle have always said they stopped at Woodhall too.

If management at the services had arranged a deal with the club, you would have thought additional staff would have been brought in to assist with the crowds - the queues were horrendous, especially on the way back outside McDonalds and KFC.

That banner is canny. You should try and get it signed by the squad.

It was ridiculous like coming back. I completely agree with.you that more staff should have been organised, especially as around 1,700 people will turn up within half an hour or so. We ended up going over the bridge to the southbound side and getting food there. The queues were still enormous.

Funnily enough, one of my Business teachers is good friends with James Curtis and he said that if I bring in a programme, he'll give it to Curtis so he and the rest of the squad can sign it Smile
(19 May 2014, 9:04 pm)Adam wrote [ -> ]It was ridiculous like coming back. I completely agree with.you that more staff should have been organised, especially as around 1,700 people will turn up within half an hour or so. We ended up going over the bridge to the southbound side and getting food there. The queues were still enormous.

Funnily enough, one of my Business teachers is good friends with James Curtis and he said that if I bring in a programme, he'll give it to Curtis so he and the rest of the squad can sign it Smile

If you ever go to a KFC at a motorway services, there is always a fast track till like in Argos.
Order the food at the touch screen computer and go to the dedicated till.
Only a handful of people did it, the rest stood and queued.

#kfctipsonNEB

You should def get it signed. Don't leave it too late
(19 May 2014, 9:17 pm)Andreos Constantopolous wrote [ -> ]If you ever go to a KFC at a motorway services, there is always a fast track till like in Argos.
Order the food at the touch screen computer and go to the dedicated till.
Only a handful of people did it, the rest stood and queued.

#kfctipsonNEB

haha never realised they had that. Quite a clever feature. I know McDonald's on Grainger Street have a similar system.
(19 May 2014, 9:22 pm)Adam wrote [ -> ]haha never realised they had that. Quite a clever feature. I know McDonald's on Grainger Street have a similar system.

Forgot all about it - but did you see the bus spotters at Wembley?
Didn't notice cameras, just old guys noting down (I presume) reg numbers.

They got some stick off people on our bus - particularly the one who looked like an old Arsne Wenger!
(21 May 2014, 7:47 pm)Andreos Constantopolous wrote [ -> ]Forgot all about it - but did you see the bus spotters at Wembley?

They got some stick off people on our bus - particularly the one who looked like an old Arsne Wenger!

I would have a laugh at his expense, must be awful being named after an ArsenHole(see what I did there) lmao
(21 May 2014, 7:47 pm)Andreos Constantopolous wrote [ -> ]Forgot all about it - but did you see the bus spotters at Wembley?

I never noticed them. Would have been canny.for them though, seeing around 40 coaches of different operators. Forgot to say as well, I noticed there was a Country Lion coach from Northampton parked in the Gateshead end at Wembley.
Any one watching the Champions league final?

Gonna be a red card soon, some dirty tackles going in!
(24 May 2014, 7:19 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]Any one watching the Champions league final?

Gonna be a red card soon, some dirty tackles going in!

Or maybe a goal to AM....
(24 May 2014, 7:23 pm)citaro5284 wrote [ -> ]Or maybe a goal to AM....

Big Grin, good, dont want RM to win
AM got exactly what they deserved, trying to defend a 1-0 lead in the final! Exciting times now, in extra time!
(24 May 2014, 8:53 pm)tyresmoke wrote [ -> ]AM got exactly what they deserved, trying to defend a 1-0 lead in the final! Exciting times now, in extra time!

Real definitely didn't deserve to win 4-1.
Thought it was all going to kick off when Simeone ran onto the pitch.
Anyone watching the league 1 play off final, what a good game!

Each team has scored brilliant goals, currently 2-2 in the 23rd min of extra time.

Rotherham wins 4-3 on pens

Congratz Rotherham
The Scottish Championship will be interesting next season with not only Rangers, but also Hibs and Hearts
(26 May 2014, 7:43 am)marxistafozzski wrote [ -> ]The Scottish Championship will be interesting next season with not only Rangers, but also Hibs and Hearts

Further down the league, the Second Division could prove to be interesting as, from next season, the team which places last are involved in a play-off scenario against non-league teams to determine who stays or not.

Maybe, a potential rise up the Scottish leagues may tempt clubs like Celtic Nation.
(26 May 2014, 11:25 am)AdamY wrote [ -> ]Further down the league, the Second Division could prove to be interesting as, from next season, the team which places last are involved in a play-off scenario against non-league teams to determine who stays or not.

Maybe, a potential rise up the Scottish leagues may tempt clubs like Celtic Nation.

So they are at long last creating a Pyramid in Scotland, there system is antiquated now, might be good to see a Huntly, Keith, Brora or Spartans in the Scottish League...

As for Celtic Nation, I dont think they will ever enter the Scottish League, for starters they are in an English League based in Carlisle, The FA, SFA and UEFA would probably veto it. Before you come back at me with Berwick and Welsh teams, that is down to geography(Berwicks case) and Wales had no national till 1993, by which time Cardiff, Swansea, Wrexham etc were established in the English League System.

There are cases in Europe where teams play in a different countries league system, but it is mostly down to politics(Derry City in Rep.Ireland) or countries not having there own league system(Liechtenstein, San Marino)
Fleetwood Town have taken the final promotion place in League 2, beating Burton 1-0 at Wembley...

Not a bad rise for Fleetwood considering they were re-formed in 1997 in the North West Counties League(equivalent to Northern League Division 2)

But I am not surprised at the there rise up the National League System as for the last few years they have been bankrolled
(26 May 2014, 4:04 pm)marxistafozzski wrote [ -> ]Fleetwood Town have taken the final promotion place in League 2, beating Burton 1-0 at Wembley...

Not a bad rise for Fleetwood considering they were re-formed in 1997 in the North West Counties League(equivalent to Northern League Division 2)

But I am not surprised at the there rise up the National League System as for the last few years they have been bankrolled

Well done Fleetwood, Hopefully they have a good season.

So all the domestic leagues in England are finished now!

So this happened:

Premiership:
Relegation: Cardiff City,Fulham and Norwich City

In the Championship:
Promoted: Leicester City and Burnley
Relegation: Yeovil Barnsley. Doncaster

League 1:
Promoted: Wolves , Brentford , Rotherham
Relegation: Stevenage, Shrewsbury Tranmere and Carlisle

League 2:
Promoted: Chesterfield, Scunthorpe, Rochdale and Fleetwood
Relegation: Torquay and Bristol Rovers

Conference:
Promoted: Luton Town & Cambridge United
Relegation: Hyde, Tamworth, Dartford, Chester
(26 May 2014, 4:25 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]Well done Fleetwood, Hopefully they have a good season.

So all the domestic leagues in England are finished now!

So this happened:

Premiership:
Relegation: Cardiff City,Fulham and Norwich City

In the Championship:
Promoted: Leicester City and Burnley
Relegation: Yeovil Barnsley. Doncaster

League 1:
Promoted: Wolves , Brentford , Rotherham
Relegation: Stevenage, Shrewsbury Tranmere and Carlisle

League 2:
Promoted: Chesterfield, Scunthorpe, Rochdale and Fleetwood
Relegation: Torquay and Bristol Rovers

Conference:
Promoted: Luton Town & Cambridge United
Relegation: Hyde, Tamworth, Dartford, Chester

Just to add to that

Arsenal:- FA Cup
Man City:- Capital One Cup
Real Madrid:- Champions League
Seville: Europa League

As for Fleetwood, I can see it ending in tears, once the owner gets bored of bankrolling them, they will end up back at there natural level, history says that is what happens when you chase the dream and clubs in Lower Leagues will normally go bust, take a look at Maidstone, Newport, Aldershot in the late 80's/early 90's and more recently clubs like Scarborough, Halifax and Chester ended up being reformed, also Gretna in Scotland
(26 May 2014, 4:43 pm)marxistafozzski wrote [ -> ]Just to add to that

Arsenal:- FA Cup
Man City:- Capital One Cup
Real Madrid:- Champions League
Seville: Europa League

As for Fleetwood, I can see it ending in tears, once the owner gets bored of bankrolling them, they will end up back at there natural level, history says that is what happens when you chase the dream and clubs in Lower Leagues will normally go bust, take a look at Maidstone, Newport, Aldershot in the late 80's/early 90's and more recently clubs like Scarborough, Halifax and Chester ended up being reformed, also Gretna in Scotland

Thanks, i forgot to add the main cups.

I hope they don't get bored of using their money
(26 May 2014, 4:44 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]Thanks, i forgot to add the main cups.

I hope they don't get bored of using their money

Me neither, but history has proved chairman will only put so much before they want out, I dont like seeing any club going bust, it is genuine fans who lose out. To think they were only averaging 134 in 2003/04 to 2,819 in the season just ended, quite an achievement but I hope they can sustain themselves in League 1 or 2