North East Buses

Full Version: 2014-15 Football Season(Who will be the best North East Team)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(17 Apr 2014, 8:15 am)Michael wrote [ -> ]we thought that against city but it didn't happen, we were unlucky not to win last night.. was gutted when Mannone let the ball in the net

His being saved us many times this season to

Was gutted for Vito, if it werent for him, they would have been relegated a long time ago, he is player of the season in my eyes...

Good keeper too, commands his box well and always seems to be quite vocal...Hopefully they will keep hold of him next season, but, the soober relegation is confirmed the better, the rebuild can start, start to clear up the 'rotten' parts of the club...

Saturday, I am gonna predict a 2-1 win for Chelsea in a game what will be hard lines for Sunderland
https://www.youtube.com/embed/b-XNhrN9LEc

Someone has just put this onto twitter.
Was a cracking game - even though we lost 3-2 on penalties.
3-3 after 90 mins and 6-6 after extra time.

Cant find the match data to see the timings of the goals.
(17 Apr 2014, 10:42 am)Andreos Constantopolous wrote [ -> ]https://www.youtube.com/embed/b-XNhrN9LEc

As the ZDS was a tinpot competition finding the details of the match may be tough(will have a root around, see if I can find the details)...What a cracking match that must have been...
(17 Apr 2014, 10:42 am)Andreos Constantopolous wrote [ -> ]https://www.youtube.com/embed/b-XNhrN9LEc

Update...found some details of that game

1st October 1991
Tranmere 6-6 Newcastle
Prenton Park

Scorers were
Tranmere
McNab
Aldridge(3)
Steel
Martindale

Newcastle
Lee Clark
Mickey Quinn(3)
Gavin Peacock(2)

Taken from http://toon1892.com/detail_match.php?id=5072
(17 Apr 2014, 5:10 pm)marxistafozzski wrote [ -> ]As the ZDS was a tinpot competition finding the details of the match may be tough(will have a root around, see if I can find the details)...What a cracking match that must have been...

Was listening to it on my Saisho walkman haha - not sure Alan Robson will have been too happy about Nightowls being delayed!
(17 Apr 2014, 5:41 pm)Andreos Constantopolous wrote [ -> ]Was listening to it on my Saisho walkman haha - not sure Alan Robson will have been too happy about Nightowls being delayed!

He is a Newcastle fan I think, nice bloke as well, he was good to me when I was at my lowest point about 10 years ago, I have personally known for nearly 20 years, although not seen him for a few years now
The same as Wednesday, never expected Sunderland to take Mourinhos undefeated home record...

It is now game on for the fight for survival, I still think they are going down though...The other relegation candidates have some hard games coming up, if they beat West Brom, Swansea, Cardiff there is a chance they may get out of relegation...but they need to rely on other teams to beat the relegation candidates
(19 Apr 2014, 6:32 pm)marxistafozzski wrote [ -> ]The same as Wednesday, never expected Sunderland to take Mourinhos undefeated home record...

It is now game on for the fight for survival, I still think they are going down though...The other relegation candidates have some hard games coming up, if they beat West Brom, Swansea, Cardiff there is a chance they may get out of relegation...but they need to rely on other teams to beat the relegation candidates

Great win yesterday, Cardiff next, should be a interesting game but known Sunderland we wont turn and up and play rubbish..

Can't forget that the Chelsea staff were a disgrace yesterday during and after the match, Ramires was a disgrace yesterday, he should be banned.

Jose Mourinho is nothing but a sore looser... 31 shots with 15 on target

Gonna be a interesting finish to the season for Sunderland

We have:

Sun 27 -12:00 - Home- Cardiff City
Sat 03 -15:00 - Away - Manchester United
Wed 07 -19:45 - Home- West Brom
Sun 11 -15:00 - Home -Swansea City
I love how Sunderland are paving the way for Liverpool to take the title.

A win against Norwich today will put them 5 points above Chelsea and 9 above Man City. Sunderland's achievements this week have played a vital part in the points difference between the top three.

I really want Liverpool to win the Premier League now.
(20 Apr 2014, 11:06 am)AdamY wrote [ -> ]I love how Sunderland are paving the way for Liverpool to take the title.

A win against Norwich today will put them 5 points above Chelsea and 9 above Man City. Sunderland's achievements this week have played a vital part in the points difference between the top three.

I really want Liverpool to win the Premier League now.

Me too, just for Steven Gerrard.

Liverpool already 2-0 up Smile, 12 mins gone Big Grin
http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/footbal...surrection

Just seen this after reading the BBC Gossip page.

Please note - I am not normally a reader of the Daily Star or its website
(21 Apr 2014, 10:14 am)Andreos Constantopolous wrote [ -> ]http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/footbal...surrection

Just seen this after reading the BBC Gossip page.

Please note - I am not normally a reader of the Daily Star or its website

He stopped doing that for months and now it's starting again.

Wonder whats going though his mind.

All out good player, will torture England will the world cup haha
Cant say I am shocked

Man Utd Sack Moyes
(22 Apr 2014, 8:58 am)marxistafozzski wrote [ -> ]Cant say I am shocked

Man Utd Sack Moyes

I'm not shocked, but it's the wrong decision.
Thats football unfortunately, they want success yesterday, and the fact they aint qualified for the Champions League and may not even qualify for the Europa League meant the writing was on the wall...

I dont want to speculate or look too much into it, but I think the players have had a hand in this, I believe whoever comes in now might take Ryan Giggs as assistant and train him up to be the next manager

It was always going to be a hard task for Moyes, following Sir Alex Ferguson would not be easy for anybody, I also think he should have been given more time, SAF went 4 years winning nowt and look what happened there.

There is no loyalty to anybody in football today and it has basically become shit at the highest levels...
Also I was looking on Skybet at the book they have opened on Moyes next club 20/1 Sunderland, thats worth a pound imo, I can honestly see Poyet going soon, whether it is mutual agreement(sacked) or resignation...

Moyes will most likely end up somewhere like Tottenham next season
Sad news tonight from Barcelona FC

Former FC Barcelona coach Tito Vilanova has died aged 45 after a long battle with cancer.

R.I.P Tito
(25 Apr 2014, 4:33 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]Sad news tonight from Barcelona FC

Former FC Barcelona coach Tito Vilanova has died aged 45 after a long battle with cancer.

R.I.P Tito

Just seen this on twitter...sad

RIP
Gateshead's playing in a vitally important game against Cambridge United tomorrow. If we draw, we're in the play-offs. Atmosphere should be fantastic, so if you can, get yourselves down. Sunderland aren't playing until Sunday and Newcastle aren't playing until Monday, so let this be a valid reason to accommodate your Saturday football craving.

Kick off is at 5:30pm. There is a large number of people going, so get there as early as possible. The turnstiles open at 3:45pm.
(25 Apr 2014, 6:20 pm)Adam wrote [ -> ]Gateshead's playing in a vitally important game against Cambridge United tomorrow. If we draw, we're in the play-offs. Atmosphere should be fantastic, so if you can, get yourselves down. Sunderland aren't playing until Sunday and Newcastle aren't playing until Monday, so let this be a valid reason to accommodate your Saturday football craving.

Kick off is at 5:30pm. There is a large number of people going, so get there as early as possible. The turnstiles open at 3:45pm.

Saw something on twitter earlier to say they are opening them half an hour earlier.
Have been to the last few home games, but I know on Good Friday a few missed the kick off (and Southport's first goal).

Really pleased to see attendances up. Hopefully it will make a difference.