North East Buses

Full Version: 2014-15 Football Season(Who will be the best North East Team)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
BREAKING NEWS: Gateshead FC manager Gary Mills is in 'Advanced Talks' with Wrexham AFC according to a source close to the club. Mills was given the freedom to talk to Wrexham earlier today.
(21 Apr 2015, 9:19 pm)leestransportphotos wrote [ -> ]BREAKING NEWS: Gateshead FC manager Gary Mills is in 'Advanced Talks' with Wrexham AFC according to a source close to the club. Mills was given the freedom to talk to Wrexham earlier today.
Might apply for the job myself if Mills goes...
I have won sackloads of trophies on Football Manager
(21 Apr 2015, 9:19 pm)leestransportphotos wrote [ -> ]BREAKING NEWS: Gateshead FC manager Gary Mills is in 'Advanced Talks' with Wrexham AFC according to a source close to the club. Mills was given the freedom to talk to Wrexham earlier today.

Total Sport mentioned it earlier tonight.
Taken Gateshead as far as he can?
(21 Apr 2015, 9:22 pm)Andreos1 wrote [ -> ]Total Sport mentioned it earlier tonight.
Taken Gateshead as far as he can?

I believe he has yes. But if he does go, who do you bring in? Tough decision for Graham Wood
(21 Apr 2015, 9:44 pm)leestransportphotos wrote [ -> ]I believe he has yes. But if he does go, who do you bring in? Tough decision for Graham Wood

No idea.
I remember chatting with Adam on here, when Anth Smith went and we agreed that Mills was the standard of manager needed, if promotion was going to happen.
Nearly did, but was never likely to happen this time round.

I said it in the summer, but the players he brought in - weren't up to the job.
Look what has happened?
Apart from when pushed, he has decided to play the core of what was left from last season.
Until recently, Rankine wasn't getting a start. Lewis Guy never looked likely to score (and never has been a regular), Allen seems to be overlooked, Wright didn't settle, Rodman (who looked good last season for Grimsby), has blown hot and cold, the young left back (can't remember his name), has barely had a sniff, Baxter regained the right back position...
Injuries haven't helped either like.
(21 Apr 2015, 9:51 pm)Andreos1 wrote [ -> ]No idea.
I remember chatting with Adam on here, when Anth Smith went and we agreed that Mills was the standard of manager needed, if promotion was going to happen.
Nearly did, but was never likely to happen this time round.

I said it in the summer, but the players he brought in - weren't up to the job.
Look what has happened?
Apart from when pushed, he has decided to play the core of what was left from last season.
Until recently, Rankine wasn't getting a start. Lewis Guy never looked likely to score (and never has been a regular), Allen seems to be overlooked, Wright didn't settle, Rodman (who looked good last season for Grimsby), has blown hot and cold, the young left back (can't remember his name), has barely had a sniff, Baxter regained the right back position...
Injuries haven't helped either like.
Do you mean Ryan Wilson?
(22 Apr 2015, 1:46 pm)Davie wrote [ -> ]Do you mean Ryan Wilson?

That's the kid.
Given the number 3 shirt and apparently lots expected of him.
Barely seen in the first team.
From what I've seen of him he has been very very poor in the reserves. It was Cask that recommended him to Gary when he came from Ilkeston
Adam Johnson has been charged with 3 Counts of Sexual Activity with a Girl under the age of 16.
(23 Apr 2015, 2:35 pm)Malarkey wrote [ -> ]Adam Johnson has been charged with 3 Counts of Sexual Activity with a Girl under the age of 16.
And 1 count of grooming as well Adam
(22 Apr 2015, 7:27 pm)leestransportphotos wrote [ -> ]From what I've seen of him he has been very very poor in the reserves. It was Cask that recommended him to Gary when he came from Ilkeston

Aye, heard it was based on his recommendation.
Obviously Mills was the one who watched him and allocated the squad number though.

(23 Apr 2015, 2:35 pm)Malarkey wrote [ -> ]Adam Johnson has been charged with 3 Counts of Sexual Activity with a Girl under the age of 16.

(23 Apr 2015, 2:47 pm)MrFozz wrote [ -> ]And 1 count of grooming as well Adam

Hopefully I speak on the same wavelength as the mods (not stepping on any toes), but we will have to be careful what we say about it.
Don't want any rumours appearing, that could potentially spoil the court case. After all, any one of the forum members who are eligible, could end up on the jury after it is referred from Peterlee to Crown Court.
(23 Apr 2015, 4:15 pm)Andreos1 wrote [ -> ]Aye, heard it was based on his recommendation.
Obviously Mills was the one who watched him and allocated the squad number though.

Hopefully I speak on the same wavelength as the mods (not stepping on any toes), but we will have to be careful what we say about it.
Don't want any rumours appearing, that could potentially spoil the court case. After all, any one of the forum members who are eligible, could end up on the jury after it is referred from Peterlee to Crown Court.

I know we should watch we say, I will make no judgment till the outcome is decided, what Me and Malark posted is the cold hard truth that is already in the public domain
(23 Apr 2015, 4:44 pm)MrFozz wrote [ -> ]I know we should watch we say, I will make no judgment till the outcome is decided, what Me and Malark posted is the cold hard truth that is already in the public domain

I know you have only shared information that is already in the public domain. There is other stuff out there, that hopefully wont compromise the trial and wont be shared on here.
I am having to show restraint. Certainly don't want to share my views on him. Very difficult not to. Appreciate others may find it difficult too
(23 Apr 2015, 5:08 pm)Andreos1 wrote [ -> ]I know you have only shared information that is already in the public domain. There is other stuff out there, that hopefully wont compromise the trial and wont be shared on here.
I am having to show restraint. Certainly don't want to share my views on him. Very difficult not to. Appreciate others may find it difficult too
Dont think I want to know what is already out there to be honest, sounds like the Polis means business when they say anything about this on social media that could jeopardise the case will be dealt using the full force of the law
Looks like Gary Mills is going to be in charge for the Gateshead game tomorrow.
What that means in the great scheme of things, who knows...
Apparently Bristol Rovers are sniffing now

(23 Apr 2015, 6:07 pm)MrFozz wrote [ -> ]Dont think I want to know what is already out there to be honest, sounds like the Polis means business when they say anything about this on social media that could jeopardise the case will be dealt using the full force of the law

Heard a few rumours online about the case. No idea if anyone else has - buy wouldn't want anyone to jeopardise the case.
Yes, with the police issuing warnings - think they are worried that the case could be thrown out.
(24 Apr 2015, 5:39 pm)Andreos1 wrote [ -> ]Heard a few rumours online about the case. No idea if anyone else has - buy wouldn't want anyone to jeopardise the case.
Yes, with the police issuing warnings - think they are worried that the case could be thrown out.

I think it will get thrown out and all charges dropped if what my Sister has told me is true, as she goes to college with the lasses Brother, dont want to post in case it jeopardises the case.
(24 Apr 2015, 5:39 pm)Andreos1 wrote [ -> ]Looks like Gary Mills is going to be in charge for the Gateshead game tomorrow.

Heard a few rumours online about the case. No idea if anyone else has - buy wouldn't want anyone to jeopardise the case.

Not Bristol Rovers mate... It's a league club 
http://www.hartlepoolunited.co.uk/news/a...22016.aspx Kick It Out release statement on Hartlepool United end of season Bob Marley fancy dress, and advise Carlisle United to refuse entry to any fan who decides to 'black up'.
(24 Apr 2015, 5:39 pm)Andreos1 wrote [ -> ]Looks like Gary Mills is going to be in charge for the Gateshead game tomorrow.

And rightly so too, if the slightest thing causes the case to collapse, anyone caught should be dealt with harshly...

I hope it is not true and he is acquitted, I like him, seems likeable, some lads I know went to school with him at Easington, he started Easington the year I finsihed

(24 Apr 2015, 6:10 pm)Malarkey wrote [ -> ]I think it will get thrown out and all charges dropped if what my Sister has told me is true, as she goes to college with the lasses Brother, dont want to post in case it jeopardises the case.

Did a quick search on Twitter, Facebook and Message Boards, probably read the same as what your sister is saying
(24 Apr 2015, 6:48 pm)beefcake wrote [ -> ]http://www.hartlepoolunited.co.uk/news/a...22016.aspx Kick It Out release statement on Hartlepool United end of season Bob Marley fancy dress, and advise Carlisle United to refuse entry to any fan who decides to 'black up'.

Isn't it a yearly tradition for Choker fans to go to the game in Fancy Dress, a one I remember was when they dressed as Smurfs Big Grin