North East Buses

Full Version: 2014-15 Football Season(Who will be the best North East Team)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(29 May 2014, 9:15 am)Michael wrote [ -> ]Not 100% sure but i think he stepped down a while back for his son to take over control, while he was in the USA.

Ah right, he has about 3 sons iirc
Gateshead FC have released 11 players!

http://www.gateshead-fc.com/4918/eleven-...-new-deals
(29 May 2014, 3:42 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]Gateshead FC have released 11 players!

http://www.gateshead-fc.com/4918/eleven-...-new-deals

The only one that really surprises me is Magnay.
The others less so.
None are regular match day starters to be honest.

Noble looked yards off the pace whenever he has played.

Hatch is a threat, but mustn't fit into Mills plans.
(29 May 2014, 3:46 pm)Andreos Constantopolous wrote [ -> ]The only one that really surprises me is Magnay.
The others less so.
None are regular match day starters to be honest.

Noble looked yards off the pace whenever he has played.

Hatch is a threat, but mustn't fit into Mills plans.

Had a feeling Joe Tait would not be retained, spent half the season on loan to us, would love to have him on a permanent basis, but word is that he is heading to Spennymoor Town
Sunderland's second summer move is in the bag - a big Wearside welcome to Jordi Gomez! Find out more about the midfielder's move in our story below. Ha'way the Lads!

http://www.safc.com/news/team-news/2014/...grees-move

2 free signings already - both decent players.

Now they need to sign up:

Santiago Vergini
Marcus Alonso
Fabio Borini (may have a chance, Rickie Lambert is supposed to be up in Liverpool for a medical tomorrow)

get Colback and Larrson on new deals
(29 May 2014, 7:24 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]Sunderland's second summer move is in the bag - a big Wearside welcome to Jordi Gomez! Find out more about the midfielder's move in our story below. Ha'way the Lads!

http://www.safc.com/news/team-news/2014/...grees-move

2 free signings already - both decent players.

Now they need to sign up:

Santiago Vergini
Marcus Alonso
Fabio Borini (may have a chance, Rickie Lambert is supposed to be up in Liverpool for a medical tomorrow)

get Colback and Larrson on new deals

I would love to see him back next season, along with Alonso, as for Colback, I would like him to sign a new deal, but if he wants to be away then so be it, I certainly won't miss him Big Grin
(28 May 2014, 9:10 am)Michael wrote [ -> ]Sunderland make their first signing of the summer:

Defender Billy Jones has agreed a four-year deal at the Stadium of Light and will become a Sunderland player from July 1

By the West Brom official site, he joins on a free

http://www.safc.com/news/team-news/2014/...jones-deal

Billy Jones looks like Jimmy Bullard 😀
(29 May 2014, 3:49 pm)marxistafozzski wrote [ -> ]Had a feeling Joe Tait would not be retained, spent half the season on loan to us, would love to have him on a permanent basis, but word is that he is heading to Spennymoor Town

http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/sport/1...h/?ref=mrs

Hatch has signed for Darlington. 3rd or 4th time now? Wink
(30 May 2014, 1:53 pm)Andreos Constantopolous wrote [ -> ]http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/sport/1...h/?ref=mrs

Hatch has signed for Darlington. 3rd or 4th time now? Wink

5th time mate, had loan spells in 2008/09, 2009, 2009/10, 2010/11, signing permanently in 2011, he was part of the FA Trophy winning in 2011 at Wembley...

He is getting on now, he is 32, but I reckon it is something of a coup for us to sign him Big Grin

Now, if we can sign Ronaldo, Messi, Bale and Neymar the squad will be complete [FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY]
From skysports

Rickie Lambert is expected to undergo a medical at Liverpool on Saturday after an initial £4m fee was agreed with Southampton.

4M? what a bargain

Wonder if Sunderland can have Fabio Borini now!
(30 May 2014, 2:14 pm)marxistafozzski wrote [ -> ]5th time mate, had loan spells in 2008/09, 2009, 2009/10, 2010/11, signing permanently in 2011, he was part of the FA Trophy winning in 2011 at Wembley...

He is getting on now, he is 32, but I reckon it is something of a coup for us to sign him Big Grin

Now, if we can sign Ronaldo, Messi, Bale and Neymar the squad will be complete [FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY]

Who did you have up front this season gone? The thing with Hatch, he struggles to play along the ground - the few minutes he had on the pitch at Wembley emphasised exactly what he is all about and he caused all sorts of problems to the Cambridge back line.
(30 May 2014, 2:48 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]From skysports

Rickie Lambert is expected to undergo a medical at Liverpool on Saturday after an initial £4m fee was agreed with Southampton.

4M? what a bargain

Wonder if Sunderland can have Fabio Borini now!

He is over 30 now, so £4m is not all that bad, I can't see why Lambert will fit in, both Suarez and Sturridge are better players and cannot see him forcing one of them out...Wonder if they will a 4-3-1-2 with Suarez in the hole between Midfield and Attack or an an attacking 4-4-2 with a wide midfield and Suarez as an Inside Forward...Or I wonder if Suarez is heading for the Bernabeu next Seaso 😧

As for Borini, would love to see him back, but only at the right price, no matter how much I like him I would not pay over the odds for anybody
What's going on? Has Nobby Solano been dropped! Big Grin
(30 May 2014, 7:17 pm)Andreos Constantopolous wrote [ -> ]What's going on? Has Nobby Solano been dropped! Big Grin

Brilliant footballer, and good with a trumpet by all accounts Big Grin
(30 May 2014, 7:21 pm)marxistafozzski wrote [ -> ]Brilliant footballer, and good with a trumpet by all accounts Big Grin

One of the best. Both him and Robert were amazing to watch around that era.

I lost interest in football for a while so I missed most of Laurent Robert's tenure at Newcastle and have no real recollection of him.

I have fond memories of Nolberto Solano though. Does he still live in the area? He used to have an interest in some bar down the Quayside. The Quilted Camel perhaps?
(30 May 2014, 9:33 pm)aureolin wrote [ -> ]One of the best. Both him and Robert were amazing to watch around that era.

Two great players, with an eye for goal.

More images of me too - wearing a yellow jacket in those clips Wink
Got wrong for celebrating goals a few times, including the fist pump on one of Solano's goals Big Grin
(30 May 2014, 9:48 pm)Andreos Constantopolous wrote [ -> ]Two great players, with an eye for goal.

More images of me too - wearing a yellow jacket in those clips Wink
Got wrong for celebrating goals a few times, including the fist pump on one of Solano's goals Big Grin

I used to be a steward for a short while too. I believe the company I worked for was called T.E.M. It lasted for around three-to-four months in early 2001 whilst I was in-between jobs. On one occasion, I went to Brunton Park in Carlisle to act as a Steward. Carlisle played Hull City that day - I remember it well!
(30 May 2014, 9:54 pm)AdamY wrote [ -> ]I used to be a steward for a short while too. I believe the company I worked for was called T.E.M. It lasted for around three-to-four months in early 2001 whilst I was in-between jobs. On one occasion, I went to Brunton Park in Carlisle to act as a Steward. Carlisle played Hull City that day - I remember it well!

Just before me.
Started at the start of the 2001/2 season for a few extra quid on top of my full time job.

With the European games and domestic games, I was clearing an extra £100 a month or so, which made a canny difference at the time.

T.E.M had it when I started, but it was taken back in house - which meant we were on the payroll of the club and got staff discount in club shops etc.
(30 May 2014, 9:59 pm)Andreos Constantopolous wrote [ -> ]Just before me.
Started at the start of the 2001/2 season for a few extra quid on top of my full time job.

With the European games and domestic games, I was clearing an extra £100 a month or so, which made a canny difference at the time.

T.E.M had it when I started, but it was taken back in house - which meant we were on the payroll of the club and got staff discount in club shops etc.

Did you steward the Juventus game in 02/03? I remember the atmosphere was really tense that night. It was a bit surreal at times, but credit to the Italian fans.