North East Buses

Full Version: 2014-15 Football Season(Who will be the best North East Team)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(19 Feb 2014, 9:31 am)AdamY wrote [ -> ]Any thoughts on this rumour?

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/footb...35535.html

He could be worse than Cashley, he seems like a right tight ****

let agent Cashley stop on, more entertainment for the football world then!
(19 Feb 2014, 9:31 am)AdamY wrote [ -> ]Any thoughts on this rumour?

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/footb...35535.html

It would be incredible, no doubt, but Vince should stick to what he knows best, he tried to venture into American Football and it failed spectacularly, I fear the same if he took up ownership of Newcastle...

This been discussed before, I saw the same rumour a few years ago...

It would be interesting anyway, Vinny Mc cant be any worse than the Fat Cockhead, I mean Cockney ;-)
I think he would spend money initially, but overall I think he'd leave the club in a worse state than it is now. As Fozz has said, Vinnie Mac has tried to venture outside of wrestling with the WBF, XFL and WWE Films, none of which have proven to be successful. However, he did try and start all of those ventures from scratch. With Newcastle United, he will inherit a club which is financially sound.
(19 Feb 2014, 9:48 am)AdamY wrote [ -> ]I think he would spend money initially, but overall I think he'd leave the club in a worse state than it is now. As Fozz has said, Vinnie Mac has tried to venture outside of wrestling with the WBF, XFL and WWE Films, none of which have proven to be successful. However, he did try and start all of those ventures from scratch. With Newcastle United, he will inherit a club which is financially sound.

I'm still not convinced it would be a wise move for Vince or for NUFC, giving Vinnys history of venturing away from Wrestling, he has a track record in failure, I love Vince McMahon, I love WWE, but I think he would up to his neck in shit, he should stick to what he knows...

I will say this though, if it happened, it will either be a masterstroke or it could goto shit, with him being more hated than Fat Mike
What happened with the XFL can't be compared to venturing into the EPL. With the XFL he tried to create a rival to the NFL. It was never going to work in a million years. If he had just bought an NFL franchise though? Most likely a completely different outcome...
The rumour first came about a few years back and just like the Sultan of Brunei apparently being spotted at Newcastle Airport - I cant see it being true.
(19 Feb 2014, 10:55 am)aureolin wrote [ -> ]What happened with the XFL can't be compared to venturing into the EPL. With the XFL he tried to create a rival to the NFL. It was never going to work in a million years. If he had just bought an NFL franchise though? Most likely a completely different outcome...

This is the gist of what I was trying to get at.

Although he has failed in his past ventures he was, perhaps, being a little bit too ambitious with his ideas. With NUFC, he doesn't have to build up a fanbase and/or generate interest - it's already there and, in financial terms at least, it's successful.

If bought, the launch of the WWE Network in a few weeks time could give the club a new outlet to shill merchandise to an audience not saturated by football.
(19 Feb 2014, 10:55 am)aureolin wrote [ -> ]What happened with the XFL can't be compared to venturing into the EPL. With the XFL he tried to create a rival to the NFL. It was never going to work in a million years. If he had just bought an NFL franchise though? Most likely a completely different outcome...

Whatever Vince has done away from wrestling he has failed, so this supposed rumour does not fill me with hope, not just because it is Newcastle, I think he would flop anywhere in England...

Anyway, according to a Daily Star report Newcastle say it is a crock and they aint for sale

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/footbal...y-the-club
Premiership football is back this weekend after the cup games last week.

Here are the NE games - along with info about the game from skysports

Sunderland play Arsenal at the Emirates - http://www1.skysports.com/football/live/...46/preview

Newcastle United host Aston Villa - (Sunday - 1:30 kick off) http://www1.skysports.com/football/live/...52/preview

Both should be good games.

I'm hoping Sunderland can get a draw..
(21 Feb 2014, 3:35 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]Premiership football is back this weekend after the cup games last week.

Here are the NE games - along with info about the game from skysports

Sunderland play Arsenal at the Emirates - http://www1.skysports.com/football/live/...46/preview

Newcastle United host Aston Villa - (Sunday - 1:30 kick off) http://www1.skysports.com/football/live/...52/preview

Both should be good games.

I'm hoping Sunderland can get a draw..

That will more than likely the best they can hope for, I reckon players will have one eye on Wembley instead of two eyes on Arsenal...I reckon 2-0 myself
Sunderland got thrashed yesterday by a good arsenal side... Plans for the Final have changed by Poyet!

Other news the Euro 2016 qualifying draw is on at 11am... didn't even know that was today!

Here is the pots:

Pot 1: Spain, Germany, Netherlands, Italy, England, Portugal, Greece, Russia, Bosnia-Hercegovina.

Pot 2: Ukraine, Croatia, Sweden, Denmark, Switzerland, Belgium, Czech Republic, Hungary, Republic of Ireland.

Pot 3: Serbia, Turkey, Slovenia, Israel, Norway, Slovakia, Romania, Austria, Poland.

Pot 4: Montenegro, Armenia, Scotland, Finland, Latvia, Wales, Bulgaria, Estonia, Belarus.

Pot 5: Iceland, Northern Ireland, Albania, Lithuania, Moldova, FYR Macedonia, Azerbaijan, Georgia, Cyprus.

Pot 6: Luxembourg, Kazakhstan, Liechtenstein, Faroe Islands, Malta, Andorra, San Marino, Gibraltar.

Host nation France will join the group of 5 (i think) but teams will get no points against them - only reason their in is because host nations find it hard to get friendly's.

24 teams will qualify for Euro 2014 and not 16.

In a rule change from previous tournaments, qualifying for Euro 2016 will see UEFA unveil its 'week of football' idea, with qualifiers taking place every day from the Thursday to Tuesday of double-header international weeks. Each country would have a two-day gap between matches, with eight to 10 qualifiers taking place each night. UEFA will also organise the fixtures to try to ensure that no more than two teams from the six top TV markets - England, Germany, France, Italy, Spain and Holland - are in action on the same day.

Also Gibraltar making debut in draw.
Here is the draw:

Group A:Holland, Kazakhstan, Iceland, Latvia, Turkey, Czech Republic.

Group B: Bosnia and Herzegovina, Andorra, Cyprus, Wales, Israel, Belgium.

Group C: Spain, Luxembourg, Macedonia, Belarus, Slovakia, Ukraine.

Group D: Germany, Gibraltar, Georgia, Scotland, Poland, Republic of Ireland.

Group E : England, San Marino, Lithuania, Estonia, Slovenia, Switzerland.

Group F: Greece, Faroe Islands, Northern Ireland, Finland, Romania, Hungary.

Group G: Russia, Lichtenstein, Moldova, Montenegro, Austria, Sweden.

Group H: Italy, Malta, Azerbaijan, Bulgaria, Norway, Croatia.

Group I: Portugal, Albania, Armenia, Serbia, Denmark, France.

if England don't qualify with that group, were shit, such a boring group to!
(23 Feb 2014, 12:05 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]Here is the draw:

Is it top two who qualify or just the top team plus play off winners?
(23 Feb 2014, 12:16 pm)andreos1 wrote [ -> ]Is it top two who qualify or just the top team plus play off winners?

With 24 teams now able to qualify, i think it would be top 2 automatic and play off's for 3rd place... expect for Group I which will be 1 auto and a play off spot.

Not sure though. I will try and find out
(23 Feb 2014, 12:22 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]With 24 teams now able to qualify, i think it would be top 2 automatic and play off's for 3rd place... expect for Group I which will be 1 auto and a play off spot.

Not sure though. I will try and find out

Check this out....

Euro 2016 Rules and Regulation
(23 Feb 2014, 12:16 pm)andreos1 wrote [ -> ]Is it top two who qualify or just the top team plus play off winners?

Do u mean for the rules for qualification or rules of the actual tournament itself
(23 Feb 2014, 12:05 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]Here is the draw:

We are already shite ;-) I would not bank on that being an easy group or we have our own way...places like Slovenia and Switzerland will not be easy places to goto

Top 2 and best 3rd placed team go through automatically, the other 8 third teams go in to a Play-Off

In the Finals itself, the top 2 qualify and the 4 best 3rd placed teams qualify for the Knockout...

I honestly thought we were going to draw Gibraltar for there qualifying campaign, Scotland got them instead
So confidence is running high already with the Euro 2016 Qualifiers, we probably have got the easiest group out of them all...

This is how I can see it finishing up

Group E

1. England
2. Switzerland
3. Slovenia
4. Lithuania
5. Estonia
6. San Marino

A lof people will be complacent and think we will simply 'piss it' some players may think that too, Estonia and San Marino apart, the others will not let England have things there own way, Ljubljana and Bern could be a banana skin as could Vilnius, apart from the likes of San Marino, Andorra, Liechtenstein etc, there is no real easy games in International Football anymore

In my own opinion, all 10 games can be won with relative ease, but I will be pissed with anything less than 26 points(8 wins and 2 draws), the draws most likely being Switzerland and Slovenia, with them and Lithuania upping there game when big, nasty England comes to town...

I have no doubt we will qualify because of the new qualifying system, I think we will be top 2, I am more worried about how we approach the games, if we are too complacent with a 'we only to show up and it is job done' attitude, then we are in for a shock, this is England we are talking about, of course we will do things the hard way...

Lets Look at the other groups and my prediction for the top 3 in each

1. Holland
2. Czech Republic
3. Turkey

1. Belgium
2. Bosnia
3. Wales

1. Spain
2. Ukraine
3. Slovakia

1. Germany
2. Poland
3. Rep.Ireland

1. Greece
2. Romania
3. Northern Ireland

1. Sweden
2. Russia
3. Montenegro

1. Italy
2. Croatia
3. Norway

1. Portugal
2. France
3. Denmark

I predict the best 3rd place team to be Turkey, leaving Wales, Slovakia, Rep.Ireland, N.Ireland, Montenegro, Norway and Denmark to play off

I am interested in the odds for England, one bookie has put of 100/1 ON...I cant think I have ever seen odds that short for a team to qualify for a major International Championship...Fozz's Turf Accountancy will not be opening a book on this one as it seems to be a foregone conclusion...

In one paper this morning, it was reported that the FA are worried about attendances for Qualifying and may have to slash ticket prices, ain't that a shame, if they want a full house every game, the FA should give something back to the fans and if that means pricw cuts, then so be it, because England Supporters are among the most passionate of all National Teams...

It is about time the F(ascist)A(rseholes) did something to benefit the fans...

Anyway, essay and rant over sir Big Grin
Cup Draw updated

ARSENAL v EVERTON
HULL v SUNDERLAND
SHEFF UTD v CHARLTON
MAN CITY v WIGAN