North East Buses

Full Version: 2014-15 Football Season(Who will be the best North East Team)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(13 May 2014, 9:27 pm)marxistafozzski wrote [ -> ]Anyone looking forward to the World Cup, does anyone actually give a toss...

I aint getting myself too excited, but looking forward to watching Holland and Spain

50/50... England like normal will struggle..

Spain the winner for me
(13 May 2014, 9:27 pm)marxistafozzski wrote [ -> ]Anyone looking forward to the World Cup, does anyone actually give a toss...

I aint getting myself too excited, but looking forward to watching Holland and Spain

Will watch it, but like Newcastle, England frustrate the hell out of me.
The eldest has lived through a few world cups, but the South Africa tournament was the first he can remember - he was only 1 and 5 for the others.
The excitement and anticipation he had was destroyed by England being sh!t.

Brazil have to be favourites, but the tournament wont run smoothly.

(11 May 2014, 2:13 pm)Adam wrote [ -> ]Where I'm sitting at Wembley is close enough to where I sit at a normal home match at the IS.

I know what you mean about having a rubbish coach on long journeys. Last year, I went to Silverstone on one of those Newmarket Holidays and we ended up on one of Lee's of Durham's Van Hool Eos'. It was boiling hot and the air con was broken. Absolutely painfully ridiculously horrible

Coach allocation email came just now.
Hopefully you have yours too.
(15 May 2014, 8:36 am)Andreos Constantopolous wrote [ -> ]Will watch it, but like Newcastle, England frustrate the hell out of me.
The eldest has lived through a few world cups, but the South Africa tournament was the first he can remember - he was only 1 and 5 for the others.
The excitement and anticipation he had was destroyed by England being sh!t.

Brazil have to be favourites, but the tournament wont run smoothly.

Coach allocation email came just now.

I think your right there mate, Brazil are like Footballs version of the New Zealand All Blacks, not so good on foreign soil, but should be dominant at home...

But, never play the chances of the Germans, Spanish, Italians or Dutch...

I am going for a Brazil v Spain final

As for it not running smoothly, I honestly dont know how it can run at all, some of the stadia are nowhere complete, it should have been taken away from them at least a year ago, the problems they have had have been well documented for ages now. Not to mention the internal problems the country has been having with rioting and protests as well. But nothing can be done about it now, it is only just over 3 weeks away...

I am also not fussed about England these days, after 25 years being served with shite, I have had enough, I am very passionate and patriotic, I love my country to death, but when 11 footballers do piss all for us, then that is the point I give up on them. England have not had a good team since Sir Bobbys team in 1990 and right now I cant see another team being as good as them, better players individually, but as a collective there a pile of steaming shite!!!!!
(15 May 2014, 9:21 am)marxistafozzski wrote [ -> ]I think your right there mate, Brazil are like Footballs version of the New Zealand All Blacks, not so good on foreign soil, but should be dominant at home...

But, never play the chances of the Germans, Spanish, Italians or Dutch...

I am going for a Brazil v Spain final

As for it not running smoothly, I honestly dont know how it can run at all, some of the stadia are nowhere complete, it should have been taken away from them at least a year ago, the problems they have had have been well documented for ages now. Not to mention the internal problems the country has been having with rioting and protests as well. But nothing can be done about it now, it is only just over 3 weeks away...

I am also not fussed about England these days, after 25 years being served with shite, I have had enough, I am very passionate and patriotic, I love my country to death, but when 11 footballers do piss all for us, then that is the point I give up on them. England have not had a good team since Sir Bobbys team in 1990 and right now I cant see another team being as good as them, better players individually, but as a collective there a pile of steaming shite!!!!!

The climate, home support, talent and previous tournament experience should stand them in good stead.
I fancy Belgium and a couple of South American teams to do well and get to semi's - saying that, that is without looking at fixtures/groupings.

The whole stadium thing is a farce. It seems like a poor construction worker is killed every week.
No idea what will happen during the tournament, but I foresee an 'incident' too big for FIFA to cover up!
(15 May 2014, 9:33 am)Andreos Constantopolous wrote [ -> ]The climate, home support, talent and previous tournament experience should stand them in good stead.
I fancy Belgium and a couple of South American teams to do well and get to semi's - saying that, that is without looking at fixtures/groupings.

The whole stadium thing is a farce. It seems like a poor construction worker is killed every week.
No idea what will happen during the tournament, but I foresee an 'incident' too big for FIFA to cover up!

I think it will come in the form of a protest or riot, not a very good mix where there could be football fans, we all know the English will not back down, nor the Germans or Dutch, I can just see a lot of civil unrest around the world cup, I really hope I am wrong though.

Belgium have a hell of a team and are definately dark horses going into the Tournament, also people have been talking about Bosnia as a possible surprise package. Uruguay are also a decent side with the likes of Suarez and Edinson Cavani, I dont know much about the Argentines, but it is near home for them, so they could be there or there abouts, I dont know what African teams are involved, but they always spring a surprise
(15 May 2014, 9:39 am)marxistafozzski wrote [ -> ]I think it will come in the form of a protest or riot, not a very good mix where there could be football fans, we all know the English will not back down, nor the Germans or Dutch, I can just see a lot of civil unrest around the world cup, I really hope I am wrong though.

Belgium have a hell of a team and are definately dark horses going into the Tournament, also people have been talking about Bosnia as a possible surprise package. Uruguay are also a decent side with the likes of Suarez and Edinson Cavani, I dont know much about the Argentines, but it is near home for them, so they could be there or there abouts, I dont know what African teams are involved, but they always spring a surprise

Looked at groups/fixtures and top two in each group and then outcomes after then.
http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/sport/...18488.html

Group 1st and 2nd:
A -Brazil and Mexico
B - Spain and Chile
C - Ivory Coast and Columbia
D - Italy and Uruguay
E - France and Ecuador
F - Argentina and Nigeria
G - Germany and Portugal
H - Belgium and Russia

Second Round:
a1 v b2 - Brazil v Chile
c1 v d2 - Ivory Coast V Uruguay
b1 v a2 - Spain v Mexico
d1 v c2 - Italy v Columbia
e1 v f2 - France v Nigeria
g1 v h2 - Germany v Russia
f1 v e2 - Argentina v Ecuador
h1 v g2 Belgium v Portugal

Quarter Finals
1 v 2 - Brazil v Uruguay
5 v 6 - France v Germany
3 v 4 - Spain v Italy
7 v 8 - Argentina v Belgium

Semi Finals
1 v 2 - Brazil v Germany
3 v 4 - Spain v Argentina

Final
Brazil v Argentina

Hopefully I have managed to translate the fixtures and combinations correctly. If not, I will look like a complete cock.
(15 May 2014, 10:02 am)Andreos Constantopolous wrote [ -> ]Looked at groups/fixtures and top two in each group and then outcomes after then.
http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/sport/...18488.html

Group 1st and 2nd:
A -Brazil and Mexico
B - Spain and Chile
C - Ivory Coast and Columbia
D - Italy and Uruguay
E - France and Ecuador
F - Argentina and Nigeria
G - Germany and Portugal
H - Belgium and Russia

Second Round:
Brazil v Chile
Ivory Coast V Uruguay
Spain v Mexico
Italy v Columbia
France v Nigeria
Germany v Russia
Argentina v Ecuador
Belgium v Portugal

Quarter Finals
Brazil v Uruguay
France v Germany
Spain v Italy
Argentina v Belgium

Semi Finals
Brazil v Germany
Spain v Argentina

Final
Brazil v Argentina

Hopefully I have managed to translate the fixtures and combinations correctly. If not, I will look like a complete cock.

Looks about right to me to be honest, if you dont have it spot on it will be somewhere close to that
(15 May 2014, 8:36 am)Andreos Constantopolous wrote [ -> ]Coach allocation email came just now.

Asked my Dad if we have ours. He said we don't Undecided
(15 May 2014, 8:57 pm)Adam wrote [ -> ]Asked my Dad if we have ours. He said we don't Undecided

Maybe he is doing it in batches.
It came from Bernie Williams work account - rather than a club account, but the supporters club were cc'd in.
Give me a shout tomorrow if you haven't heard anything - the earlier the better and I will give you the addreses.
(15 May 2014, 9:11 pm)Andreos Constantopolous wrote [ -> ]Maybe he is doing it in batches.
It came from Bernie Williams work account - rather than a club account, but the supporters club were cc'd in.
Give me a shout tomorrow if you haven't heard anything - the earlier the better and I will give you the addreses.

Bernard is the chairman of the Supporters Club, and does organise all the travel for away games. As you can imagine though, for this occasion he's had a lot of help. Thanks for the offer, but my Dad already has his number so he'll give him a ring if he hasn't heard anything Smile
(15 May 2014, 9:57 pm)Adam wrote [ -> ]Bernard is the chairman of the Supporters Club, and does organise all the travel for away games. As you can imagine though, for this occasion he's had a lot of help. Thanks for the offer, but my Dad already has his number so he'll give him a ring if he hasn't heard anything Smile

No worries, as long as you have something and can get sorted
Anyone fancy a world cup fantasy football league? I'll set one up if so.
(16 May 2014, 12:52 pm)aureolin wrote [ -> ]Anyone fancy a world cup fantasy football league? I'll set one up if so.

Aye, I would be up for that.
(16 May 2014, 12:52 pm)aureolin wrote [ -> ]Anyone fancy a world cup fantasy football league? I'll set one up if so.

I am up for that fella, how would it be setup...I would definately be up for that...

Also Adam, Andreos, enjoy your weekend, gonna be a nice o e weather wise, I hope you end up coming back as a supporter of a club in the Football League [SMILING FACE WITH OPEN MOUTH]

Yeah I'm up for that!

Also - This video made me laugh: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSCov5FlZp8
(16 May 2014, 5:32 pm)Tom wrote [ -> ]Yeah I'm up for that!

Also - This video made me laugh: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSCov5FlZp8

Thats funny

Wayne Wooney, Wickie Lambert and Fwank Lampard [FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY]
I haven't participated in a Fantasy Football league for years.

Should be fun; count me in.
Sound. I'll set one up as soon as a few more companies release their games.
Disappointed that Hull City lost in the FA Cup Final after leading 2-1 for most of the game.
(17 May 2014, 6:44 pm)AdamY wrote [ -> ]Disappointed that Hull City lost in the FA Cup Final after leading 2-1 for most of the game.

I did not watch it, but heard Arsenal were 2 down in 15 minutes, do Hull have only themselves to blame for losing or did Arsenal pile the pressure on later in the fame...

To the lads going to Wembley tomorrow, best of luck, hopefully you will be coming home as the North Easts latest representatives in the League...

Whatever happens, Gateshead can hold there heads high and be proud of themselves, they were heading nowhere but down under Anth Smith, whatever happens, as long as the lads put a decent shift in everything shoukd be good Big Grin